+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
emamabd said:
you probably meant "before expiration of the Immigration Visa", as the COPR does not have an expiry date.
There is a "Valid to" date on the COPR and this is the same as the "Expiry date" that is mentioned on the immigration visa.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
It depends what country you bringing/wiring from. However, there is no limit carrying cash or wiring into Canada.
kamy said:
It depends on your home country's federal bank policy.
Thanks. For a moment I thought there was a limit on bringing the foreign currency to Canada...

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Guys

I want to know about Letter of driving license Authentication from rto/dto India.
Do we still need that letter to show our driving experience to get license or just license is enough. As nowadays we have license with chip..

Please help

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Hi,

Do I need to declare how much cash i plan to bring later - similar to goods to follow requirement? is there a form for declaring it? thanks

FAS

FAS

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Hi,

For proof of funds can i show my latest home country (Pakistan) bank statement? thanks

FAS

MEDUSA LAUGHS

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hi. Plz help. I am hopeful of moving by July this year as FSW-O. I need advice on how easy is it to find teaching jobs in Canadian universities with qualifications from good Indian universities? Do I have to do some abridgment course or something before being considered? I also heard from someone that they may expect you to re-do your higher degree again from Canada in order to be considered. Is that true for all cases?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
MEDUSA LAUGHS said:
Hi. Plz help. I am hopeful of moving by July this year as FSW-O. I need advice on how easy is it to find teaching jobs in Canadian universities with qualifications from good Indian universities? Do I have to do some abridgment course or something before being considered? I also heard from someone that they may expect you to re-do your higher degree again from Canada in order to be considered. Is that true for all cases?
I'm no expert in your field...but will give you general advice from my own experience. I would strongly recommend joining a bridging program relevant to your area of expertise as that should help you understand how things work here and will also help you in building connections (your colleagues and program instructors will be your first "professional network"), connecting with like-minded professionals will help as you'll be sharing ideas, experiences and job search tips, some might get employed faster and refer the others..etc.
Ofcourse, your job search and online applications can start from day 1 (or even before you land).

MEDUSA LAUGHS

Star Member
May 4, 2017
emamabd said:
I'm no expert in your field...but will give you general advice from my own experience. I would strongly recommend joining a bridging program relevant to your area of expertise as that should help you understand how things work here and will also help you in building connections (your colleagues and program instructors will be your first "professional network"), connecting with like-minded professionals will help as you'll be sharing ideas, experiences and job search tips, some might get employed faster and refer the others..etc.
Ofcourse, your job search and online applications can start from day 1 (or even before you land).
Thanks a ton. This is good help.

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hello Everyone

I read that once you do your landing your visa gets cancel and it takes 45 days to get the PR card. Only way to go out is either to come in via the border crossing from US by land or if by an airline you would need a PR temporary travel document that costs $50 and you get it from your home country. Thing is I live and work in Canada now and need to travel for work etc. Any ideas?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
hi Guys

I want to know about Letter of driving license Authentication from rto/dto India.
Do we still need that letter to show our driving experience to get license or just license is enough. As nowadays we have license with chip..

Please help
HI,
Yes, I've heard that RTO in India provides a 'Driving experience letter'.
This letter mentions your total driving experience in India.

When you apply for drivers license in Canada, you must produce this letter to the authority in Canada, since only driving license will not suffice for the purpose.

I'm not an expert to this, but this is what I've heard.

paddhu86

May 10, 2017
Guys... I'm in urgent need of your suggestions. I'm working as a Mechanical engineer (with Masters in mechanical) as Product Development Engineer in a reputed MNC in south India. I'm well paid for my education and experience, though not comparable to a IT/Comp job. I'm fed up with the dirty politics and people with dirty mind all around me. So planning to move to Canada and start a new carrier and lead a peaceful life.
I checked my express entry score points through the web calculator and feels that i could get the required points. Now i need your support in taking a decision, if it is worth taking risk to quit my current job and immigrate to Canada and start from scratch?
Kindly excuse me if this is not the right thread. But i want to take a decision and i need all your support.

Last edited:

Legolas_10

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Experts,

I plan on completing my landing obligations for Permanent Residency in the first week of June 2017.

List of documents on hand at the airport:
1. Passport with stamped Immigrant Visa
2. COPR (Conformation of Permanent Residence)
3. POF (Recent bank statements)
4. Photos for PR Card (Same dimensions as when submitted for PPR)
5. Goods Accompanying List (Piece of paper with a list of things in the luggage)

If I have missed anything please let me know as I want this procedure to be smooth for both me and the IRCC Officers at the port of entry.

Also, do I need to carry a pre-filled PR Card Application Form (IMM 5444E)? Any other forms I should have on hand to save some time?

Thanks!

RUMEYA

Jun 17, 2016
I am planning to land in Toronto next month. Can u plz guide as to list of items to be declared at airport. is it to be detailed one or can it be category wise like clothes, jewellary, household items etc. plz guide

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW