+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ss1886 said:
@ Qorax
Thanks you

One more question, what must be the minimal average expenditure of a 5 member family in Canada ?
http://www.livingin-canada.com/cost-of-living-in-canada.html

Click the 6 city-wise links@bottom left.

Qorax

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013

shahzadchowdhry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Nomination.....
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
Thank you Qorax. U mentioned tht QSW applicant has to do the landing part in Quebec. If I land in Toronto, will i have to exit canada and enter through POE in Quebec. I am confused abt tht. Furthermore, since i don't think i will be booking any hotels or flights to montreal after tht, it might be difficult to show proof to the officer tht i will actually stay in Hull, Quebec.
Well, i guess i have to reconsider my option and may be visit my sister after i settle down in Quebec.
Regards
Shahzad

qorax said:
U heard it right & same is for Quebec too.
However, no one can stop u from entering Canada thru another province... & "landing" u can do too... But, unfortunately not for Quebec (only the landing part).

QSW applicants can enter thru any POE, however they have to do their landing only at a POE of Quebec.

What that means to u is that u may take that Toronto flight, but while meeting the BSO u'd require documentary proof that u r moving to Quebec on so-n-so date. U can stay here for few days too... only that u need to explain to the BSO that u r "not landing" - but visiting your sister for a few days - and moving forward thereon.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
shahzadchowdhry said:
Thank you Qorax. U mentioned tht QSW applicant has to do the landing part in Quebec. If I land in Toronto, will i have to exit canada and enter through POE in Quebec. I am confused abt tht. Furthermore, since i don't think i will be booking any hotels or flights to montreal after tht, it might be difficult to show proof to the officer tht i will actually stay in Hull, Quebec.
Well, i guess i have to reconsider my option and may be visit my sister after i settle down in Quebec.
Regards
Shahzad
U can land at Toronto, but part of the "record of landing" won't be completed here. If u obtain an onward flight tkt (Porter, Westjet etc.), it'd be easier for u... but, u can also try explaining that to the BSO.

BTW, your entry into Canada will not be stalled if u enter thru Toronto. And for further processing of your ROL - u don't need to exit/entry Canada... u just need to visit their city office in Quebec, to validate the CSQ.

Qorax

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
shahzadchowdhry said:
Regards
Shahzad

I am not sure whether this will be of any help to you, but you might wanna go through this article:

http://www.smeurrens.com/2010/11/pnp-participants-denied-entry-at-the-border/

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
Hi Quorax,

Please help me with my question.
Hi Seniors,

I got PR status in 08/2010. I have stayed in Canada for 2 weeks to validate my status. I got my PR card which will be expired in August 2015. I still have job commitment in Dubai until April 2012. Is that possible for me to stay outside Canada until May 2012.

Thank you so much.

Sagar

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Dubai
All you need to keep your PR is: complete a total of 2 years of actual residence in Canada by the time your PR expires in 2015. It doesn't matter if the 2 years are broken apart so long that the total is 730 days in the 5 years. You can stay in Dubai until May 2012 & visit Canada regularly or you can be outside for 3 years and then come back to stay in Canada continuously for the last 2 years .

ghobrial

Sep 30, 2009
Thank you Qorax and every who spend time and effort help others
One question please
Do any one have any information about medical lab techncian licence? ;D

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
Ario said:
@ Dubai
All you need to keep your PR is: complete a total of 2 years of actual residence in Canada by the time your PR expires in 2015. It doesn't matter if the 2 years are broken apart so long that the total is 730 days in the 5 years. You can stay in Dubai until May 2012 & visit Canada regularly or you can be outside for 3 years and then come back to stay in Canada continuously for the last 2 years .
Thank you so much Ario, Would you please let me know in which cases they require interview before renewing the PR card? If I am staying in Dubai for more than about 2.5 years in five years,it means that I only stay in Canada 2.5 years in 5 years, do i have to be interviewed before they grant me a new PR card.

thank you,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they feel unsure that you meet the residency requirements, they can ask for an interview. If you want to send proof with your application, you can do that. IMO the best proof would be a letter from your employer stating that you were working full time from date 1 through date 2 taking vacations only from date 3 through date 4 and date 5 through date 6. If you have a letter like that amounting to at least 2 years in Canada, you should not have a problem. Otherwise if you have your rental agreement, bank records, phone records etc., that can help but doesn't fully prove that you were in Canada.

dubai321

Oct 1, 2010
Leon said:
If they feel unsure that you meet the residency requirements, they can ask for an interview. If you want to send proof with your application, you can do that. IMO the best proof would be a letter from your employer stating that you were working full time from date 1 through date 2 taking vacations only from date 3 through date 4 and date 5 through date 6. If you have a letter like that amounting to at least 2 years in Canada, you should not have a problem. Otherwise if you have your rental agreement, bank records, phone records etc., that can help but doesn't fully prove that you were in Canada.
Hi Seniors,

thank you so much for reply. My concern is if I come back and live in Canada in about 2.5 years but I can not get a job. Therefore there is no letter from my employer. Should i document as many documents as possible to prove that I meet 2 years staying in Canada. How's about i have a rental house in Canada? Does it help?

Thank you so much

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dubai321 said:
Hi Seniors,

thank you so much for reply. My concern is if I come back and live in Canada in about 2.5 years but I can not get a job. Therefore there is no letter from my employer. Should i document as many documents as possible to prove that I meet 2 years staying in Canada. How's about i have a rental house in Canada? Does it help?

Thank you so much
If you do not get a job, you can register as unemployed, even if you do not qualify for benefits, you can have it registered that you were there. You can also study, volunteer and do other things where you will be noticed. Renting a house means you rented a house. It does not mean that you stayed in it.

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
I am planning to do the landing on 18th, initially was planning to drive my US registered car and return on 26th after Christmas holidays, but now cut short the trip. I will land and will drive back the same day. I will be driving my US registered car and entering via Buffallo. I was looking for rental car possibilities (In case of issues and if needed to come back with a rented car) . Can any one give some links or info from where to book the cars? Do we need to get the Canadian plate rental cars?

Thanks

nag1d

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmat said:
I am planning to do the landing on 18th, initially was planning to drive my US registered car and return on 26th after Christmas holidays, but now cut short the trip. I will land and will drive back the same day. I will be driving my US registered car and entering via Buffallo. I was looking for rental car possibilities (In case of issues and if needed to come back with a rented car) . Can any one give some links or info from where to book the cars? Do we need to get the Canadian plate rental cars?

Thanks
I completed my landing last month and drove across the border (Buffalo) in a rental car from Hertz. I did not get a Canadian plate rental car. Hertz told me that they can only provide that if I did a one way rental with the return in Canada. However, that works out very expensive. You should be OK with a rental car with a US license plate. I got no questions about the car. If you are particular, you can try National. I heard that they will provide you with that...I do not have additional details about that.

- nag1d