WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
Hi,
My husband and I will be landing in Vancouver via road this June 30. We will just be staying in Canada until July 4 (we'll go back to US after). So, practically we are not bringing any goods with us. There are some lingering questions that I hope some of you could help me with:

(1) Is it okay if our goods list is empty and the goods to follow has a long list? Would this raise some concerns? I'm planning to say that we will be doing our apartment search first before we finally move.

(2) I'm planning to just bring $3000 in cash and a bank statement that proves that we have enough funds in place (the bank is a credit union, though not a widely known bank). Will this be alright? I'm planning to say that we will just be doing our apartment search for this trip that's why all I have in cash is the deposit for the apartment. Is this justifiable? Would there be any problem if I don't have the full funds in a cash equivalent form?

(3) What are the paperworks that I need to accomplish for my first landing? PR Card, SIN, what else?

(4) What will happen if I, after this first landing, went back to Canada - but still not carrying the 'goods to follow'? Would that raise an issue? We are actually planning to "finally" move to Canada by 2014. So there is a great chance that we will go back to Canada after this landing, but not finally moving yet.

I hope some of you could shed some light. Very much appreciated.

Thanks,
AvayaLenovo