+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mc guy

Nov 18, 2008
E Case Status File Transferring Twice Question?

Hello Dear, I been to this Canada visa.com since last one year. Read your views and guidance. Now i personally need it for my self. I applied in Fed.Skill class. from Pakistan & sent my full documents directly to UK, as per changed rules for Pakistani Applicants. My queries are fowllowing:
Why the transfer activity is mentioned twice at UK office? They are transferring where to where? Please elaborate it for me. In your view point, how much more time they will take to process my case as per provided data/ time lines. Lastly what is mean by pending review?

Official Text from E Case Web Site:​
"We received your application for permanent residence on November 23, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 25, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office.They are pending review. [/color]

We transferred your application to the London England office on February 4, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the London England office on July 27, 2010. The London England office may contact you. "

With profound regards,

mc Guy

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: E Case Status File Transferring Twice Question?

mc guy said:
Hello Dear, I been to this Canada visa.com since last one year. Read your views and guidance. Now i personally need it for my self. I applied in Fed.Skill class. from Pakistan & sent my full documents directly to UK, as per changed rules for Pakistani Applicants. My queries are fowllowing:
Why the transfer activity is mentioned twice at UK office? They are transferring where to where? Please elaborate it for me. In your view point, how much more time they will take to process my case as per provided data/ time lines. Lastly what is mean by pending review?

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 25, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office.They are pending review. [/color]

We transferred your application to the London England office on February 4, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

We transferred your application to the London England office on July 27, 2010. The London England office may contact you. "

With profound regards,

mc Guy
In Feb2010 Paper Screening was done & the file was sent to 'microfilm' cell. It returned to the VO on Jul2010. This happens with all applicants.

Qorax

AI

Dec 9, 2008
Nmat,

you said "This is a new change- now they don't mail the PR Card". So, how do you plan to get your PR card?

nmat said:
Thanks a lot to Qorax and all other members of this forum. We had a smooth landing process at the Canada border on 18th Dec. We drove from our car from US to Canada by Lewiston–Queenston Bridge in I 190. Everything with the immigration was smooth, some standard questions were asked.
1. Where are you from?
Ans: Driving from US, but a citizen of India and working in US
2. What is your status in US?
Ans: H1
3. So are you moving to Canada now?
Ans: We came now to complete the formalities, final moving will happen later only.
4. When you plan to do that?
Ans: Probably this summer as my US visa ends.
5. Thats fine, no problem with that :) Where is your proof of fund?
Ans: Here is it, 24K in bank draft and 2 K as cash.

He did the paper works for us, asked us to sign the documents and said PR card details will be mailed to you, like from which office it is available for collection, you need to go there in person to pick up that. ( This is a new change- now they don't mail the PR Card) . He also said we can drive to Canada anytime using the copy of our COPR ( PR confirmation letter). My wife's name which was wrong in COPR was changed, during this process. They he called 4 of us and said we are now officially PRs of Canada.
To renew the PR we need to reside at least 2yrs in Canada in the 5 yr period. After that he told us to go to the customs counter near by.

Customs officer was also friendly, they were talking to my 2 year old son during the processing. They asked about the goods, I said all goods will follow, currently I have only my laptop with me. He said that is fine and asked do you have the list? I handed over a filled goods to follow list, he went through it, I gave him the photos of jewellery, he said no need for that. He gave me the main B4 form to fill and he transfered my case to another officer. This officer was already changing the shift, so he passed everything to his colleague to help us and we moved to other counter. He too was friendly and gave him my already filled B4 form to which he remarked " you have done your home work very well!" . He asked me to about my car , I said I am now driving my US owned car, will import it later when we bring our goods to follow later . He said that is fine and asked me to put the VIN (vehicle identification no) to the form and put a value for the vehicle. He also told me to total the amount in the goods to follow, which he said even an approximate total will do. I put the total, he stamped the documents, and he guided us to the customs receipt counter. We got the receipt and the copy of our goods to follow list which was the final thing to do there.

We met our relatives in the near by mall, spend some time with them and returned to US after 2 hrs via rainbow bridge. The US immigration check point process was smooth. I gave the passports and I797 receipts (my H1 renewal) and they asked the basic questions like why you went to Canada, how long is your US visa? ( I had taken all the documents with me, but they didn't ask for that). He scanned the pp, and said we are all set to go!

Came back to US and stayed in a hotel nearby Niagara falls for that night and left Niagara next day morning. Thanks to all for the information we got from this forum which helped us a lot!!!

Keep going!!

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
I have given my brother's address, they will get the letter mentioning from where to collect it. I will make a trip to Canada at that time, expect it to be ready in early spring and will collect the PR card. Also during that time, I will do the SIN Card, bank account opening and other related stuff and my H1 stamping from Toronto.

LahoreCanada

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
Re: E Case Status File Transferring Twice Question?

mc guy said:

With profound regards,

mc Guy

statement pertaining to 27th july seems correct.

drsujaprabu

Aug 21, 2010
Hi Qorax,
Im planning to land at Toronto in Feb, and I have a query regarding POF. We have the necessary POF (for our family of 3) as cash - in USD and Euros. Do they accept POF in US$ and Euros at the POE, or is it mandatory to carry funds only in CAD (as cash/TC/DD)?
Regards,
Dr.Suja

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
drsujaprabu said:
Hi Qorax,
Im planning to land at Toronto in Feb, and I have a query regarding POF. We have the necessary POF (for our family of 3) as cash - in USD and Euros. Do they accept POF in US$ and Euros at the POE, or is it mandatory to carry funds only in CAD (as cash/TC/DD)?
Regards,
Dr.Suja
Both (USD & Euro) would do just fine, u don't necessarily need to convert them into CADs. However, carry some... u'd require CADs for initial errands. And don't exchange any of those@the a/port - the exch rate would be a killer.

Qorax

nsvb

Dec 31, 2010
Hey all I'm new here and have a question. Since I sent in my application to the CIO office my aunt died is it ok to use my cousin for the Federal Skilled Worker application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not get points for a cousin. These are the relatives you can get points for: parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, sibling, child of a grandparent, aunt or uncle, or grandchild of a parent, niece or nephew

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Dear All,
Landed on 29th at Pearson Int'l and successfully finished al basics (SIN, Driver License,Bank Account).
Will have an OHIP application soon since needs a Proof of address for all. This includes basic documents like a Mailed Bank account statement/House Lease etc. which all family members do not have (yet). We can wait for that however since dates kick in upon landing. Have been advised to save boarding passes etc...

Was totally exhausted after a grueling 3 day wait at Newark Airport due to the snowstorm where flights were repeatedly cancelled. Sucks for USA :p

Anyway, so only got to the forum today :)

It was so wonderful to see that Canadian officials are friendly and relaxed - even willing to crack jokes!!!
Great people all around!!!!

Profound Thanks to Leon, PMM, Qorax (quick attention and salute lol!!), all other seniors and friends who helped to make this possible. Your comments and suggestions were so enormously helpful!

Happy New Year to All!!!! ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Honolulu said:
Dear All,
Landed on 29th at Pearson Int'l and successfully finished al basics (SIN, Driver License,Bank Account).
Will have an OHIP application soon since needs a Proof of address for all. This includes basic documents like a Mailed Bank account statement/House Lease etc. which all family members do not have (yet). We can wait for that however since dates kick in upon landing. Have been advised to save boarding passes etc...

Was totally exhausted after a grueling 3 day wait at Newark Airport due to the snowstorm where flights were repeatedly cancelled. Sucks for USA :p

Anyway, so only got to the forum today :)

It was so wonderful to see that Canadian officials are friendly and relaxed - even willing to crack jokes!!!
Great people all around!!!!

Profound Thanks to Leon, PMM, Qorax (quick attention and salute lol!!), all other seniors and friends who helped to make this possible. Your comments and suggestions were so enormously helpful!

Happy New Year to All!!!! ;D
Welcome to the land of Maple Leaf, buddy!!!

bnimsin

Apr 20, 2010
qorax said:
Welcome to the land of Maple Leaf, buddy!!!
Dear Qorax,
I am an Indian got PRV one month back and planning to land in first week of march 2011.
33yrs with wife and 7yrs child.
please let me know that which period is good to land for survival jobs for me and my wife.(Phase-1).
when(JAN,?FEB?,) the chances are high to get the job.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bnimsin said:
Dear Qorax,
I am an Indian got PRV one month back and planning to land in first week of march 2011.
33yrs with wife and 7yrs child.
please let me know that which period is good to land for survival jobs for me and my wife.(Phase-1).
when(JAN,?FEB?,) the chances are high to get the job.
Contrary to what ppl opine here - IMHO anyday is the 'best day' to land here. As per me, our landing shouldn't be based on anything else but the convenience of 'landing at the earliest'. One should make all efforts to 'land' asap on receiving the PRV. One never knows what changes could happen in circumstances - ours, flight schedules, as well as the Govt. policy's.

Also, ppl say that 'school holidays' pd (Jun-Aug) is not wise to land - b'coz the kids r out-of-school & taking-up all survival jobs, which isn't true as well. Yes, some den't is possible, but yet very-many openings r still available in the market. Our success at fetching a job is more dependent on us - rather than anything else.

Qorax

darkness123

Nov 26, 2010
Landed on 28 December 2010

This forum really helped me making things aligned, specially thanks to qorax.

My experience was very good, first went to the customs, she asked if we have all the list of goods the items we bring in, and if there is any food items we have specially meat then she asked how much money we are carrying, then she told us to go to the immigration counter. There were some small cubicals and one officer check all documents and asked for POF and the address on which the PR cards will be sent. (Not asked to show the POF). She took signatures on CPR then we moved to other welcome desk where we get some brochures etc, then went to another desk where we get information for OHIP and child benefit. Then we went to collect our baggage (the porters were very sharp), then again customs, they interested only in GTF, they even did not look to the detailed list with pictures of the jewelry, they just took the GTF list, stamp and return it back. Then I asked them why they are not interested in the luggage which I bring in with me, they said the luggage you bring in with you do not required list and pictures, only values on the form is ok, we only require list and pictures for GTF. Then we were out from the Airport and next day applied for SIN. For the health card they asked for a rent contract under my name or bank statement to proof that I am a resident in Ontario. Opened a bank account in Scotia.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
darkness123 said:
Landed on 28 December 2010

This forum really helped me making things aligned, specially thanks to qorax.

My experience was very good, first went to the customs, she asked if we have all the list of goods the items we bring in, and if there is any food items we have specially meat then she asked how much money we are carrying, then she told us to go to the immigration counter. There were some small cubicals and one officer check all documents and asked for POF and the address on which the PR cards will be sent. (Not asked to show the POF). She took signatures on CPR then we moved to other welcome desk where we get some brochures etc, then went to another desk where we get information for OHIP and child benefit. Then we went to collect our baggage (the porters were very sharp), then again customs, they interested only in GTF, they even did not look to the detailed list with pictures of the jewelry, they just took the GTF list, stamp and return it back. Then I asked them why they are not interested in the luggage which I bring in with me, they said the luggage you bring in with you do not required list and pictures, only values on the form is ok, we only require list and pictures for GTF. Then we were out from the Airport and next day applied for SIN. For the health card they asked for a rent contract under my name or bank statement to proof that I am a resident in Ontario. Opened a bank account in Scotia.
Thanks. And Welcome to Canada, buddy !
Qorax