+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
You are a new immigrant and so won't be taxed all you need to do is to inform the bank you need to wire transfer the rest of your funds from your country and they will guide you. I didn't have any problems at all, the bank charges no fees they only convert your usd with the present rate of the market at the bank on that day of opening your account you also have an option of opening a usd account with a cad account your choice. Opening an account is very easy for immigrants to Canada I recommend you open a scotia bank account very helpful to immigrants. So pls do not convert your usd u might loose a lot. If travelling with your spouse u can both carry the specified amount each for one traveller that way u kill 2 birds with one stone by carrying more cash,, all the best

SZ84 said:
Thanks a lot "lilbro" for your reply.

I have one more question. if i don't declare the them 50,000CAD amount on my goods to follow list, then will I be Taxed when i transferred them to Canada after opening a bank account there.

Also you mentioned that you carried the funds in USD. how was that experience for you ? did you face any hurdles opening a bank account in USD & also did bank charged you any fee when converting from USD to CAD?
my funds currently are in USD and i was planning to convert them to CAD before moving to Canada. but if you didn't faced any issue carrying the USD then please let me know and i will not convert my funds as well.

thanks a lot in advance for your guidance

Tia009

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER 17 DECEMBER
AOR Received.
28-01-2015
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
20th Mar 2015
Med's Done....
25th March 2015
Interview........
Weived
Passport Req..
18 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
06 October 2015
LANDED..........
18th March 2016
hi all,

planning to travel to canada at 20th of march. need expert suggestions. which city is best to land to get the initial supports for newcomers or to settle down?

thanks

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ciscoccie said:
I have read on forum that at airport they will ask for photographs for PR card, if this is correct please tell me how many photoes should I bring with me when landing and also what are the specifications ?
please confirm this, I have heard from few sources that photographs are only required for Inland applications applying for PR card and not FSW ppl ( outland ) .

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ciscoccie said:
please confirm this, I have heard from few sources that photographs are only required for Inland applications applying for PR card and not FSW ppl ( outland ) .
no photos are required when you land

you already provided them with photos before the visa and copr was issued..the same photos will be used for your pr card.

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
since the original post is from 2010 does anyone have a recent experience landing from USA that they could share.

Armenak

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Dear friends,

Do you think I shall declare all my staff including quantity and prices in the "Goods Accompanying List" and "Goods To Follow" like it was mentioned by the topic starter? I think that it looks silly to mention how many socks I have with me and what is their price. Maybe I shall prepare a separate detailed list only for electronics and jewellery?

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
may be its a question that has been discussed many times, but as I am new.

do we need to carry (actual cash) or show proofs of funds at the time of entering Canada. if so, how much ? as much as we have given proofs at the time of apply. Or as much as we think that would be good for staying there.

thanks
Shiv

Newbie2016

Feb 15, 2016
Hi everyone

I guess this is a similar question in relation to the last one

Can anyone let me know if current bank statements are still considered as sufficient proof of funds on landing?

The website was updated recently and bank statements were not explicitly mentioned. Only a reference of documents showing capital payable to you was listed with examples of shares, bonds etc given

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
shibdutta said:
may be its a question that has been discussed many times, but as I am new.

do we need to carry (actual cash) or show proofs of funds at the time of entering Canada. if so, how much ? as much as we have given proofs at the time of apply. Or as much as we think that would be good for staying there.

thanks
Shiv
you need to show that you have the required amount by CIC as per link below (depending on your family size)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

These funds could be in the form of:

- cash
- documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
- documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
ok, but on this page, the section says that "Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. "

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier.

did I understand it wrong?

Thanks
Shiv

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
shibdutta said:
ok, but on this page, the section says that "Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. "

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier.

did I understand it wrong?

Thanks
Shiv
The way i understand it is, don't limit the funds you bring to only the amount stated by CIC. That is only the minimum requirement. The website suggests if you can bring more, then do so.

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
Hey guys. I just got the PPR. I've got a few questions:

1. When do I pay the PR Card fee? Now, before I leave to Canada, or upon landing?

2. What goods do we have to list and photograph? Only valuable items (gold and silver jewelry, electronics, money) or everyday items (clothing, cheap costume jewelry, personal care items, pots and pans) as well?

I'm planning on bringing only the absolute essentials. Since I'm going to travel to Canada in early spring, I'm going to bring lost of light clothing (of low value, no designer clothes), shoes, jewelry (valuable), personal care items, some electronics etc. My family is going to send me winter clothing like coats and boots. Do I need to list those items that are going to be sent by post as "goods to follow"?

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
HappyFlowerChild said:
Hey guys. I just got the PPR. I've got a few questions:

1. When do I pay the PR Card fee? Now, before I leave to Canada, or upon landing?

2. What goods do we have to list and photograph? Only valuable items (gold and silver jewelry, electronics, money) or everyday items (clothing, cheap costume jewelry, personal care items, pots and pans) as well?

I'm planning on bringing only the absolute essentials. Since I'm going to travel to Canada in early spring, I'm going to bring lost of light clothing (of low value, no designer clothes), shoes, jewelry (valuable), personal care items, some electronics etc. My family is going to send me winter clothing like coats and boots. Do I need to list those items that are going to be sent by post as "goods to follow"?
1. no fee for PR card
2. only Gold or diamonds nothing else

HappyFlowerChild

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
Med's Request
01-12-2015
nekeol said:
1. no fee for PR card
2. only Gold or diamonds nothing else
Thank you nekeol. You've helped me a lot!

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you for your inquiry.
We do have unfurnished units as well & details can be seen at

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/looking-fully-furnished-low-rent-with-amenities-included-accommodation-t264892.0.html

Best regards