+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

SBI

Star Member
Aug 31, 2014
Dear All,

Need your urgent guidance.

I'll be landing in Toronto with my family during June first week. Just wanted to know a couple of things from you.

1. I am planning to book with Etihad Airways. My question is, does the airlines ask you to show a return ticket as well when you are traveling on a "Immigration Visa" (the one we got stamped in our passports.) Somebody was telling me that I have to present a return ticket before boarding the flight because the airlines think that in case I am denied entry in Canada then the airlines has to bear the cost of my return. So they insist on a return ticket as well.

Did anyone faced a similar situation during boarding or after landing.

I will not be doing a short landing, but will stay there. No plans of returning. So in this case, are the "Immigrantion Visas" that we have on our passports, enough or do I need to book a return ticket also just to show the airlines guys, which can be cancelled after reaching Canada.

2. Second thing is, the visas that we have got and the CORP are enough for our travel or do we need to get these Visas authenticated or stamped or anything else that probably is needed before travel. Also as per the documents I guess we need to carry the following:

a. Visas/on Passports
b. CORP
c. Children Immunization Chart
d. Proff of fund (In cash and Traveller's check)
e. List of accompanying goods ( Is there any form for this? If yes then where do I get this form from or this list can just be a hand written one?)

Will be grateful if you could assist me on these two queries.

Thanks in advance and regards,

Saibal Banerjee

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
1. You don't need a return ticket, not unless u have all the money in the world to waste, you are in possession of an immigrant visa not a visiting visa. In my case I just bought one way ticket. You will hardly be refused entry if travelling with family and all your documents are genuine.

2. The visas are enough for your travel
a. Yes
b. What's a CORP?
c.Yes
d.Yes
e. I don't know if there is a form as for me and my family we didn't carry any, we were not asked for any list. All we did was put a label on all our foodstuffs ( no meat or diary products) which was nearly and tightly packed in zip loc bags.

SBI said:
Dear All,

I'll be landing in Toronto with my family during June first week. Just wanted to know a couple of things from you.

1. I am planning to book with Etihad Airways. My question is, does the airlines ask you to show a return ticket as well when you are traveling on a "Immigration Visa" (the one we got stamped in our passports.) Somebody was telling me that I have to present a return ticket before boarding the flight because the airlines think that in case I am denied entry in Canada then the airlines has to bear the cost of my return. So they insist on a return ticket as well.

I will not be doing a short landing, but will stay there. No plans of returning. So in this case, are the "Immigrantion Visas" that we have on our passports, enough or do I need to book a return ticket also just to show the airlines guys, which can be cancelled after reaching Canada.

2. Second thing is, the visas that we have got and the CORP are enough for our travel or do we need to get these Visas authenticated or stamped or anything else that probably is needed before travel. Also as per the documents I guess we need to carry the following:

a. Visas/on Passports
b. CORP
e. List of accompanying goods ( Is there any form for this? If yes then where do I get this form from or this list can just be a hand written one?)

Saibal Banerjee

abhispat

Dec 18, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Send to CIO 20 May 2015 File Received by CIO 26 May 2015
Doc's Request.
6th September 2015
Nomination.....
21st April 2015
AOR Received.
05th August 2015
IELTS Request
Provide with application
File Transfer...
20th August 2015
Med's Request
7th September 2015
Med's Done....
15th September 2015
Passport Req..
8th Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12th Feb 2016
I am a PNP applicant and POE will be Toronto. Is 3.20 Hours enough transit time to complete landing formalities and catch another flight??

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
SBI said:
Dear All,

You DO NOT need a return ticket.

2. Second thing is, the visas that we have got and the CORP are enough for our travel or do we need to get these Visas authenticated or stamped or anything else that probably is needed before travel.

You do not have to do anything with them. They will be checked and processed at the port of entry at Canada.

Also as per the documents I guess we need to carry the following:

a. Visas/on Passports
b. CORP

Yes, carry the above with you. In regards to 'List of accompanying goods... no one really bother to check how many pair of pants you are carrying :p The immigration officer told me that 'they don't care what things I carry during my first entry'

Saibal Banerjee

sups1982

Jun 18, 2014
If i am showing Stocks as one of my Proofs of Funds. What do i have to show as document (as the stock values will be in INR)? Please help.

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
The most recent documents showing english translation of your stock and bond certificate.

sups1982 said:
If i am showing Stocks as one of my Proofs of Funds. What do i have to show as document (as the stock values will be in INR)? Please help.

greyhatbd

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th April 2015
Doc's Request.
17th July 2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25th Aug 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
ONLINE SUBMISSION
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16th Aug 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Feb 2016
LANDED..........
21st July 2016
I need an authentic info :

FSW outland but I want to land Canada via USA. Maybe after my pleasure visit to USA , I will fly or drive through. Is that OK? Or is it like Canada might say why you did not enter my country directly from your country. Please help.

Thanks in adv.

ashishv

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi -> Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2014
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
sups1982 said:
At the port of entry, the officer is more keen on knowing that you have funds (in hand) to sustain livelihood for next couple of months. So don't completely rely on the stocks documents. You need to have some real money in your pocket to prove the funds.

At the application stage it was fine as you were not going to immediately use it but while landing 'the time has come' when you use your funds!

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
True! i totally agree with you. time to liquidate your stocks and turn it into dollars ;D

ashishv said:
At the port of entry, the officer is more keen on knowing that you have funds (in hand) to sustain livelihood for next couple of months. So don't completely rely on the stocks documents. You need to have some real money in your pocket to prove the funds.

At the application stage it was fine as you were not going to immediately use it but while landing 'the time has come' when you use your funds!

sups1982

Jun 18, 2014
ashishv said:

Many thanks for your response!

If you read my statement, i had mentioned that Stocks would be one of the Proof of Funds.

i will enter alone for which i need to show CAD12,000. i will carry about CAD10,000 in Cash Equivalents.

And to mend the gap i was wondering if i could carry the latest statement of my Stock Sheet.

Please answer if you know something about this.

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
sups1982 said:
Many thanks for your response!

If you read my statement, i had mentioned that Stocks would be one of the Proof of Funds.

i will enter alone for which i need to show CAD12,000. i will carry about CAD10,000 in Cash Equivalents.

And to mend the gap i was wondering if i could carry the latest statement of my Stock Sheet.

Please answer if you know something about this.
Yes that will work.

SZ84

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-OCT-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
17-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-Jan-2015
Med's Request
29-July-2015
Med's Done....
28-August-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-NOV-2015
LANDED..........
08-March-2016
Dear All,

can some one share a link here for Form B-4 ( Goods accompanying)
And Form B-4A (Goods to follow).

thanks a lot in advance

PseudoNamePK

Feb 23, 2016
I am going to land in Toronto in a couple of weeks, I'm coming from Pakistan. I want to get a phone in Canada which I can use (just to receive calls) in Pakistan when I return later this year. Is there a cost effective option?