+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alok4best said:
You will need to complete landing formalities at the first port of entry in Canada. Does not matter which city you eventually want to go and live in.
So if your first entry in Canada will be at Vancouver, your PR formalities will be done there. Also you can give any Canadian address. Does not have to be in the same city you land in.
Thanks Alok. I understand about the landing formalities. Once I am done with that....would i be required to exit and re-enter and do all the security / check ins with luggage to board to my next flight to Vancouver ?

PCJ

May 3, 2014
Hello friends,

I am planning to land in Edmonton on March 1st week, I am working in Oil and Gas industry from last 8 years, is it ok to land in Edmonton or you guys wanna suggest me some other location?

If you have any suggestions or advice then please share it with me.

Thank you,

PCJ

khurramrizvi

Jun 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
05 June 2015
Nomination.....
07 March 2015 (PER)
Med's Request
19 August 2015
Med's Done....
31 August 2015
Interview........
bye bye
Passport Req..
14 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22 September 2015
LANDED..........
Feb or March 2016
nasha27 said:
Thanks alot. I found karachi-istanbul-toronto-vancouver by turkish alone and Turkish + Air Canada for around USD 930 per head. Layover at Toronto is 2:20 hours. Not sure if that will sufficient time for immigration / landing procedures and then rechecking in with luggage to Vancouver.

Also would need to confirm whether I will be having any trouble for baggage from tornoto - vancouver. Some people saying that it wont be an issue since flight would be booked upto Vancouver. Need advice / confimation from experienced people.
Seems you are tight in schedule. Toronto is a busy airport and you must have minimum three hours for immigration and rechecked. You can also ask your agent for baggage route. In anycase you have to collect your baggage, complete your landing formalities and check in again which seems be your real test. Why you are not taking direct flight to vancouver? currently you are having two stopovers, one in Istanbul and next at Toronto. Where as if you select Etihad or Qatar you will have two stopovers but nothing to worry about baggage and as I told you that in canada local flights you have to buy food or drink where as you can have meal in international flight. Secondly you have to pay for the baggage trolley so the amount you are saving is not a saving, spend few more and get the peace of mind, because you need your mind in coming days. ............. :)

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir,

My self and my spouse are traveling together.

do we need to prepare one Goods Accompanying list or

one for each person (two lists)

Thanks

shreyashd

Jul 28, 2015
Hello friends

had some questions regarding soft landing... From what I understand, its possible to land and do immigration formalities at the POE airport and provide some relatives / friends canadian address for PR delivery...and then maybe immigrate at a later date

1) This maybe a silly question but I have applied for myself (PA), spouse and infant kid. So, if I do the soft landing alone would the PR card delivered be only mine or will it also contain their details. In short will it be mandatory to even make them land in the 6 months period.

2) I have plans to travel to Europe for business. Ticket rates from there to Canada are relatively cheaper as compared to India. So can I fly from Europe to Canada directly for landing or will that be an issue.

3) Do i need to prenotify some authority about my landing ?

Thanks

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
C.K. said:
Hi Everyone,

Just need to ask if it is possible to have your proof of funds in US dollar currency rather than canadian?

Thanks,
Christian
;)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
C.K. said:
Hi Everyone,

Just need to ask if it is possible to have your proof of funds in US dollar currency rather than canadian?

Thanks,
Christian
ofcourse

In fact, in my own modest opinion, its better to have it in US funds...the canadian currency hasn't been stable in the past year and a half.

umair110

Jan 12, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-Jan-15 (CIC REC)
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
30-Nov-14 (MPNP)
AOR Received.
21-May-15
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
2-Jun-15 (In Process)
Med's Request
02-Oct-15 (Medicals ,RPRF and updated chart)
Med's Done....
15-Oct-15 (med done ) , 23-Oct-15 (med rec)
Interview........
Alhumdullilah Waived
Passport Req..
18-Nov-15, DM 19-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
8-Dec-15
LANDED..........
5-March-16
my question is that i am nominated through provincial nominee under family stream sponsored through my uncle
did it is mandatory to show at least funds which i demonstrated in my application ? or i can enter in canada with any amount as i am single and planned to take 3000 cad with me

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
shreyashd said:
Hello friends

had some questions regarding soft landing... From what I understand, its possible to land and do immigration formalities at the POE airport and provide some relatives / friends canadian address for PR delivery...and then maybe immigrate at a later date

1) This maybe a silly question but I have applied for myself (PA), spouse and infant kid. So, if I do the soft landing alone would the PR card delivered be only mine or will it also contain their details. In short will it be mandatory to even make them land in the 6 months period.

2) I have plans to travel to Europe for business. Ticket rates from there to Canada are relatively cheaper as compared to India. So can I fly from Europe to Canada directly for landing or will that be an issue.

3) Do i need to prenotify some authority about my landing ?

Thanks
1. Your spouse and kid have separate visas and COPRs. So yes, they have to land too before their visas expire to become landed immigrants. Also, they will get separate PR cards in their own right. If they don't do the landing now, and let the visa expire, it may be a problem later on to reapply, even if you are a landed PR by then.

2. It doesn't matter as long as you have a valid visa for the country you are flying in from (actually I doubt they'd even check that).

3. No.

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khurramrizvi said:
Seems you are tight in schedule. Toronto is a busy airport and you must have minimum three hours for immigration and rechecked. You can also ask your agent for baggage route. In anycase you have to collect your baggage, complete your landing formalities and check in again which seems be your real test. Why you are not taking direct flight to vancouver? currently you are having two stopovers, one in Istanbul and next at Toronto. Where as if you select Etihad or Qatar you will have two stopovers but nothing to worry about baggage and as I told you that in canada local flights you have to buy food or drink where as you can have meal in international flight. Secondly you have to pay for the baggage trolley so the amount you are saving is not a saving, spend few more and get the peace of mind, because you need your mind in coming days. ............. :)
Thanks for the detailed response and solution Khurram :)

Well, I will check with the agent once I get the Visa / CoPR and compare the option. If the different ain't much, i will go with your suggestions. As per momondo.com there is minimum USD 200 / 250 difference per head :eek:

imm2canada

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2014
Med's Request
01-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2015, Passport received : 22-08-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2016
Hi Seniors,

I am inquiring on medical insurance for initial 3 months and founds that ICICI is offering both travel and medical insurance for initial 3 months. Do you think taking medical insurance from ICICI is worth taking or please suggest a good travel and medical insurance company.

nasha27

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys who have done landing procedure at Toronto. Do you think 2:20 mins layover from toronto to vancouver will be sufficient for landing formalities and boarding to the Vancouver flight ?

Other options of landing directly to Vancouver are costing us more than 500 USD. :eek:

Armenak

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hello my friends,

I know the topic starting post is pretty old so some points need to be updated.
My question is regarding Landing Forms.
What is the actual list? (Preparing my own papers now to land in 2 weeks)

The old list mentioned on the first page is:
1. Passport with stamped Visa.
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF.
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E).
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A).
7. Goods Accompanying List.
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port
10. If you are Driving your Car.

As I understood, we no longer need the PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). ??
Any other update?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Armenak said:
Hello my friends,

I know the topic starting post is pretty old so some points need to be updated.
My question is regarding Landing Forms.
What is the actual list? (Preparing my own papers now to land in 2 weeks)

The old list mentioned on the first page is:
1. Passport with stamped Visa.
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF.
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E).
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A).
7. Goods Accompanying List.
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port
10. If you are Driving your Car.

As I understood, we no longer need the PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). ??
Any other update?
AFAIK you never needed the PR card application form. Your first PR card is automatic after you land and you don't need photos either. They will use the photos you used for your PR application. If you are coming in with a job offer or are already working in Canada you don't need POF either, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You can get SIN application forms at Service Canada and fill them out there.

Kids immunization records are a good idea though. You will not need them at the airport but you should take your kids to a doctor and make sure they are up to date on their shots as well as you may have to show it for school registration.

Ind2canada

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2014
AOR Received.
30 Sep 2014
Med's Request
20 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18 Nov 2015
LANDED..........
7 Mar 2016
visa_4all said:
Sir,

My self and my spouse are traveling together.

do we need to prepare one Goods Accompanying list or

one for each person (two lists)

Thanks
One Goods Accompanying List for one family.