+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Thanks Qorax!

U are really a blessing to this forum! I had posted it for sometime and no one seemed to be able to reply me except u! u r really such a miracle from God!

Thanks dude!

Really made my plans much easier then!

Perhaps u can answer another question... ;)

Can i just land in the first instance, get the SIN card, get accomodation, apply for drivers licence (take road test and theory test), get health care card, get bank account opened but not get the PR card at point of entry first, wait for the 2nd return trip then i apply for the PR card from the immigration officer at the point of entry?

I dont really need the PR card since u mentioned that i do not need the PR card for any of those activities that i need to get done and i dont need a PR card to enter again on my 2nd trip cause i come from a visa free country into canada.

Appreciate it if replied soon.

:)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abhi292000 said:
Halo Qorax,

1. I m just need to carry and COPR and PP and other documents(ORG Certificates) and Funds with me in Cabin Luggage right.Anythng else

2. Regarding the form B4 and B4a is it compulsory to fill it infront of them or i can do it at my home

3. I m not carrying any electronics except digicam and some new clothes do i need to mention them B4 and i dont have any goods to be followed so i dont have to fill the B4A form right

4. For getting change from the vending machine are we charged for it

5. I m Carrying pickle and some masala's with me hope it is okie to carry wat u say...will their be any problem in immigration for the same

I m flying on 10thmay if u want to give me some of ur expertise tips before i fell it wil gr8

Thanks
Abhi
1. Correct. And Immunization forms -if u have kids.
2. Doing it at home is a better option. At the a/port u'll be disturbed. It is not required to do it there any way.
3. No Goods to Follow -Nothing to fill. For Goods Accompanying -yes, u'll have to mention that Camcorder & its Sl. No.
4. No. It's Free.
5. The Security guys at the Indian a/port may not allow u to carry on person. But, in Checked Baggages -it's OK. But, why do u want to carry them anyway? It costs peanuts here.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abelkwh said:
Thanks Qorax!

U are really a blessing to this forum! I had posted it for sometime and no one seemed to be able to reply me except u! u r really such a miracle from God!

Thanks dude!

Really made my plans much easier then!

Perhaps u can answer another question... ;)

Can i just land in the first instance, get the SIN card, get accomodation, apply for drivers licence (take road test and theory test), get health care card, get bank account opened but not get the PR card at point of entry first, wait for the 2nd return trip then i apply for the PR card from the immigration officer at the point of entry?

I dont really need the PR card since u mentioned that i do not need the PR card for any of those activities that i need to get done and i dont need a PR card to enter again on my 2nd trip cause i come from a visa free country into canada.

Appreciate it if replied soon.

:)
U will not need the PRC for any of those... but u'd definitely need it to enter Canada -the next time u r coming. W/out the PRC u cannot enter -unless u r driving from the US.

U can though enter Canada by obtaining a PRTD from the Canadian Consulate of your home country, but it is both a time consuming effort & might put u into lot of troubles.

Qorax

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
U will not need the PRC for any of those... but u'd definitely need it to enter Canada -the next time u r coming. W/out the PRC u cannot enter -unless u r driving from the US.

U can though enter Canada by obtaining a PRTD from the Canadian Consulate of your home country, but it is both a time consuming effort & might put u into lot of troubles.

Qorax

Hi Qorax,

what do u mean that i will definitely need the PRC to enter? i am from a visa free country that does not require a VISA to enter Canada, so do i still need the PRC to enter Canada? can i enter and then apply for the PRC instead on the 2nd trip back instead of the 1st time when i enter Canada?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Abelkwh,

I'm not sure about that. However, for all others we need the PRC [PR Cards] to enter Canada, or a PRTD. Unless we r traveling 'by road'.

Regards,
Qorax

dcg

Apr 26, 2010
qorax said:
All You Need to Know About Landing...

Hi friends,

As these queries keep coming repeatedly in this forum (& I get many PMs as well), I thought to summarize all into one thread. This post shall quench most of our doubts. I hope it helps...

REFERENCE THREADS:
Can we Land in Any City:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t35499.0.html
Which City to Land for Jobs:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31291.0.html
Landing Forms:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t30178.0.html
Job's In Perspective:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31106.0.html

WHEN SHOULD WE 'LAND':
After getting the PR visa, we are supposed to complete our 'record of landing', on or before the Visa Expiry Date [mentioned on the visa]. The visa Expiry Date is related to EITHER*:
a) 1yr. from the meds, or
b) Passport expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her accompanying Dependents
*Whichever of the above 2 is earlier.

WHO SHOULD LAND FIRST:
It is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first. Which can be 'alongwith' one or more or all the accompanying family members. Let it be clear that the PA's dependents CANNOT land first.

PROCEDURE AT THE POE:
Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'.

At the Passport Control:
Here we need to inform the IO that we have come to do our 'landing'. The IO will check our Disembarkation Card and our passport/s & visa. S/he will then direct us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

At the Services Canada Office:
The Services Canada section is for assisting the Newcomers' settlement moves. Here we'll get lots of books/pamphlets, that'll provide all the crucial info on Canada and our Settlement plan here. From here will be directed to the CBSA counter.

At the CBSA [Customs] Office:
This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more]. Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in.

Note: [1] If we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'. [2] At a random the CBSA might 'actually' check the POF here. Thus, no complacency is acceptable. [3] If there are 'jewelry' involved, do not forget to bring 'Printed Photographs' of the same (details later).

BTW: All the officers are extremely friendly, very understanding, cheerful and helpful. We'll encounter 'Welcome to Canada' many a times. If all the docs are pre-printed & available with us; and there is not much of a queue, we will be out of the a/port in 40mins-1hr. flat. Which includes the walk-distance, baggage collection etc.

FORMS REQUIRED FOR THE 'LANDING':
Even if you stay ONLY for a day at Canada, you will need the following:

1. Passport with stamped Visa. -off course
2. COPR (IMM 5292B)
3. POF. [for cases "without" AEO & family class] (details below)
4. Passport size photos. -2 or 3 for PRC (may not be needed, but good to have)
5. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
6. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease
7. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled)
Forms required later
8. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]
9. Kids Immunization Record. -Not Needed at the A/port [later for School Admission]
10. If you are Driving your Car. -read below

NOTE: The more you are organized before hand, the better 1st impression you deliver and the IO/CBSA officer shall be happier. (BTW: smooth & fast processing). U'll be out faster. Go to your accom & relax for the day, you had a long journey, haven't you?

SHORT STAY ACCOMMODATION:
For sure you must arrange a 'short-stay' accommodation prior to your landing. The necessity of which cannot be overemphasized more. If you have friends/relatives, they can be approached for the same, if you do not have anyone, the following is recommended:

Toronto:
1) http://www.safehomestay.com/
2) http://www.staystudio6.com/
*Both provide a/port pick-up services. The places are used by many satisfactorily.

Calgary:
Not much such places are available. However, this ad by a service-provider caught my eye...
"Furnished rooms with high speed internet are available for newcomers & immigrants. Close to all aminities. Pick up & drop off services also available. Call Girish # 403-255-8582 [or email: taradale @ live.ca] for more info".
Source: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/shared-accomodation-in-calgary-ne-t31430.0.html

Vancouver:
a) http://www.budgetpathotel.bc.ca/
b) http://www.ywcahotel.com/

Some other important sites on Vancouver are:
1) http://www.welcomebc.ca
2) http://www.rentbc.com

NOTE: Except for ppl with enough $$$ to spend, avoid Hotels & Motels. They are far costlier. Also, if you must take a hotel, avoid the ones close to the A/port -for obvious reasons.

HOUSE RENTAL:
The best way to do house hunting [long-term accom.] is to land at Canada & then start searching. Word of mouth & Bulletin Boards are a great ‘real-time' source. However, we cannot condone the importance of the web. Some of the good sites [there are many] could be:
a) http://www.hometrader.ca (Good site)
b) http://www.capreit.com (Property Management Services)
c) http://www.kjiji.ca/ (Good Classifieds site)
d) http://www.mls.ca (Mother of all)

MONEY: PROOF OF LANDING FUNDS:
What Proofs Are Acceptable?
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
• Cash
• Securities in bearer form (for eg, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
• Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for eg, B/drafts, Cheques, TCs or MOs).
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

How Much Funds Can I Carry?
There is no Max limit... we can take Millions, if we can prove its legitimate source & declare anything at/or more than $10,000 [that's the CBSA regulation]. There is a Minimum limit though... we must carry at least or more than what CIC requirement states, vis-a-vis for the no. of pax in the family [accompanying].

Tax & Duties Component:
The funds we bring inside Canada are Non-Taxable. It is only the 'interest' earned on that which is taxed. The moment our funds start accruing interest [while lying in a Canadian Bank a/c] the bank will start deducting tax 'on source'. The same applies for any 'investment' in Canada that we make with these funds.

BANKING:
Though most international banks operate in Canada, the 3 main Canadian Banks are presumably the best, in terms of their presence, availability & location of ATM machines, branches etc.:
1) Scotiabank,
2) TD Bank, &
3) CIBC

Besides, you can also pre-open a Canadian Bank a/c from your home country [not all, Dubai, India etc.] thru Scotiabank, SBI & *ICICI Bank. I have posted details about it earlier here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34013.0.html

*ICICI Bank offers one of the cheapest a/c charges. But unfortunately, both ICICI & SBI have very limited presence in Canada.

AIRLINE RECOMMENDATIONS:
Usually BA & KLM change places frequently for their "lowest fares" to Canada. More often it'd be BA [especially from the UK, Dubai, Europe & the Gulf sector]. U can also ask your travel agent to select between multiple carriers to provide multiple-halt choices. But, from the UK actually that might not be required. Check BA today, it'll do the trick... Dubai-Heathrow-Toronto : AED 3,860/pp return.

However, personal choise prevails. Sometimes other carriers place envious promotions too. Emirates has recently commenced the A380 [Dreamliner] service. And all their flights are 'long-haul' -Non Stop.

NOTE: If our $$$ are a consideration, avoid 'non-stop' flights. They obviously are costlier. A single-stop flight is highly recommended. Also, we might avoid travel agents as well, the 'online' reservation of all the prominent carriers are absolutely good. I did mine thru BA & it was fantastic. Paid, printed and became an 'Executive Club' member -all thru the net. The e-ticket shall be delivered, on-the-spot, in your email in-box.

PR CARDS (PRC):
Your PR Card application (IMM 5444E) shall be done at the POE itself. It is part of the PR package [free] and the photos & details will be the same as you supplied for the PPR. Our PR Card/s come back to us via regular post mail, in 3-6 weeks, avg. 4 weeks. It is 'advisable' to stay in Canada for at least 45 days, collect our PRC and then return back [if you must].

If you leave the country before it arrives, u'll have to make arrangements for its collection & forward delivery to you, overseas, thru a friend/relative [Not a Recommended Action], however, done all the time by ppl. But there is a danger of losing it in transit. And if that happens, we'll have a tedious process to get new ones made.

How To Enter Canada W/Out A PR Card:
As per IATA & CBSA regulations, we cannot enter Canada w/out a PRC. However, if we are entering thru a Border Post by road, it doesn't matter -our COPR is enough for entry/exit. But, if we are travelling by an airline & boarding/entering thru an a/port we will Not be Permitted. At the embarkation port itself we will be Stopped by the airline staff.

The process in such cases is to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' [Temporary 'PR Travel Document'] at the local CHC [abroad]. It costs Ca$50. Details of it is provided at the 'Manual for Permanent Resident Card' (ENF 27).

Procedure Of PR Card Application:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5445E.PDF

NOTE: The PRC is probably the 'most important' document after we are thru with our PR application process. This is valid for 5 yrs. First time: Free; Renewals cost $50/card.

SIN CARDS:
After 'landing' we'll have to visit the nearest Services Canada Office for the SIN Card. We get the SIN No. immediately as a 'print-out' -signed & stamped upon applying, the same day, the same time. That'd suffice for all our further actions in Canada, viz Job Search, Bank a/c, House Hunting etc. The card shall come to us in approx 3 weeks. For its collection -ditto applies as above, for the PR Cards.

NOTE: Remember, we don't need the SIN Card for anything. Only the SIN No. Which we'll get the same time as we apply for it. It'd be wise to visit Services Canada Office the very next day upon arrival.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Both PR Card & SIN Cards are Federal documents. Meaning? One card for the entire nation -Canada.

HEALTH CARDS:
Health is a provincial matter. It is NOT FEDERAL. Thus, if you change provinces, u'll have to AGAIN get that province's Health Card. And again the waiting period* shall apply. Off course, a previous province's health card remains valid for few days/months in another province, but not all benefits could be availed.

*The Waiting Period:
As I know, Alberta [eg. Calgary, Edmonton etc] & Manitoba [eg. Winnipeg] are the Only provinces where there is NO WAITING period for the Health Insurance. Rest in all provinces there is some waiting time to get the Health Benifits. In Ontario [eg. Toronto, Ottawa etc.] it is 3 months.

Eg.: If Calgary Is My Destination Should I Get The H/Card In Toronto?
If Calgary is your Final Destination, but you are 'initially' landing in Toronto for a few days stay [Permitted action], I suggest you should first land in Calgary [get the health card] and then visit Toronto. Why? Mainly 'coz, you can get the Calgary health card immediately, but in Toronto you'll not. That Calgary health card will be valid in Toronto for a few days. Not the vice-versa. Secondly, if you land first in Toronto, you'll be staying w/out any health coverage.

Temp. Health Coverage:
It's wise to obtain a 'temporary' health coverage before you fly. Off course not required if you are going to Alberta or Manitoba. That temp. coverage shall come in the way of "Travel Insurance", which you can obtain from ANY insurance company in your homeland. The costs depands on the length of coverage. Usually we should take it for 3-4 months, as that is the waiting time in all provinces.

NOTE: It'll be a good idea to obtain the Travel Insurance from home country. For 2 reasons: [1] You are covered from day-1 even before landing. [2] In Canada it will be costlier & you'll be covered only from the day you apply. What if you get to do it later, as you'll be busy in the initial days? What if something goes wrong in between?

DRIVING LICENSE:
There is a way to obtain at least the Ontario G2 Driving Lincense immediately, if not the G1. For that some pre-arranged actions are needed, before you fly. I've written in detail on it. Check out this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/issue-with-ontario-drivers-licence-strike-t30236.0.html

HOW TO BRING CARS INTO CANADA:
Firstly, it is Not wise to bring-in Cars from any other country into Canada. Why? Cars are quite compititively priced in Canada. It's only its maintenance & the cost of Gas that'll kill you. Secondly, Canadian models are made specifically to withstand the 'extreme' cold conditions there. Our imported cars might not [less the ones from Europian or similar countries].

Thirdly, there are laws for Tire, Radiator etc. modifications, before we can register it in Canada. Why would we like to take that trouble? Fourthly, the transportation costs? It might just not be worth to bring-in cars from far-flung countries.

Import Cars From The Us:
Yes, be free to bring your car/s from the US by all means. But 'remember', we need to first 'export' the car from the US and again 'import' it into Canada, after we get-in. Documentations... documentations... However, quite a good detail about it is provided in this website:
http://www.auto-broker-magic.com/Canada_Import.html

ITEMS TO CARRY FROM HOMELAND:
Very debatable... I would say, do your maths first. Is the extra baggage costs worth the effort? Most items are readily available in Canada, also at very reasonable price.

Ditto for Indian Food & Spices [Rice, Dal, Pickles, Papad (?) etc.] And ditto for Italian [Pasta, Lasagna etc.], Japanese [Sushi, Tapanyaki, Teriyaki etc.], Tex-Mex, you name it.

Besides, many items are also not permitted entry. And there is otherwise a quality/quantity restriction as well. Check the CBSA website for those. Moreover, hiring a container full of goods? I'd say No... No. It may not be worthwhile at all.

What To Take? [Purely My Advise]:
1. Personal effects [for imdt use, large quantities... No]
2. General clothing [some warm ones also]
3. Laptop [no desk top, printer etc.]
4. Digicam / Camcorder
5. Heirlooms [heritage collections, murals, artifacts etc.] -Check CBSA rules.
6. Original Certificates / Documents
7. Prescription Medicines
8. Books & DVDs
9. Mobile Phone* [non CDMA] -a NA charger will be needed
*Only GSM850-1900MHz models [that's the Canadian frequency -not all countries have that]

What "Not" To Take? [Purely My Advise]:
1. Furniture [whatever, small or big]
2. TV [even if it's an LCD], Fridge, Washing machine etc.
3. Curtains, Bedspreads, Pillows & linens
4. Cars, Bikes etc.
5. Large-sized Toys of kids
6. Food [Perishable or Non-perishable] items
7. Over-the-Counter Medicines
8. Meat or Meat products [including Fowl, Fish etc.]

NOTE: Asian make electronic/electrical items won't work in Canada. [read 230 vs 110 Volts]

GOODS LISTS [FORM B4 / B4A]:
All goods that we carry, either 'on person' or 'following' needs to be 'listed' in form B4 / B4A, separately. These forms are available in the CBSA website, link given below:
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

It is the same form for 'Goods Accompanying' & 'Goods to follow'. We should club similar items in groups [eg. DVDs: Qty-98, Books: Qty-42 etc.].

The entire list should be priced against each group & totalled in the end. We should carry 'original' invoices for high-end items [Diamonds -MUST]. Others can be broadly/generally priced, but appropriate.

Jewelry items MUST be listed [each item wise]; and should carry their "photographs". We should print-out the pics under similar groups [eg. Rings -all in one or more pages, Necklaces -in another page etc.]

We'll need 2 copies of each form, as one would be kept by the CBSA & one would be returned to us, for 'customs' clearance. This 2nd copy will be signed & stamped by the CBSA at the POE.

NOTE: All goods brought for 'landing' are non-taxed. If we were to bring-in goods 'later', either by personal carriage or thru a transporter, this list MUST be stamped on the 1st Landing. Else, they will be 'dutiable'. No compromise on that is possible. That's the law.

ABOUT KID's SCHOOLING:
Canada has 2 types of schools -the 'Public Schools' & the 'Catholic Schools'. There are some 'ethnic' schools as well, but not for regular education. Most of our kids [say 70%] go to the Public Schools -this education is FREE. The Catholic Schools are Fee-Paid [payable by us].

Usually, our kids will be accepted imdtly into the *neighborhood school, whether we arrive mid-term or during a new session. There can be an 'entry test', but that's not for rejection -but for assessment of the extra care that the school need to provide to a kid.

Even if our kids are not very good in either of the 2 Canadian official languages -English &/or French, by law a school is required to provide admission to our kids.

*Each neighborhood will have their own Public School/s; and our kids are required to ONLY be admitted there. We have no choice on that. The only way out [if we think that a particular school is better] is to move our residence to that area [neighborhood]. We have to provide our 'residency contract' for this purpose.

School Websites:
Each province [& some cities] has its own 'school District Board'. All information can be viewed in those websites.
1) An example is the 'Toronto Dist. School Board', check this link:
http://www.tdsb.on.ca/
2) For a 'ranking' overview of Canadian schools, you may like to check the following link:
http://www.fraserinstitute.org/reportcards/schoolperformance/

NOTE: Do not be hooked by the thought that the Catholic Schools are better than the Public Schools. Both are equally compititive in Edu-care. In fact some of the Public Schools are 'excellent' & remember, 70% Canadian kids study in them.

I hope I've addressed most issues, if not all... to ease the process of our landing. If I missed out anything or if something is wrongly put, plz notify. Also other members who have more info to add may kindly post theirs under this thread, for the benefit of everyone.

All the best, buddies !
QORAX
GOD BLESS U MORE,GOOD ADVICE

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
Hi Qorax,

How can I obtain Immunization forms for my kids? Is that necessary for adults too?

Cheers buddy.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
aghijan said:
Hi Qorax,

How can I obtain Immunization forms for my kids? Is that necessary for adults too?

Cheers buddy.
1. Only for Kids under 16 yrs.
2. The form will come alongwith your Visa/s.

Qorax

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax, great post mate....

Came back after a while to prepare for my landing and glad to see that you are still making valuable contributions as always, way to go.

I have a few quick questions though, if you will.

1, My agent tells me that it is ok to take bank statements as proof of funds as long as the bank statements are in your name, is he right? Frankly I think does not have a clue of what he is on about.
2, What is COPR (IMM 5292B) and where do I get it from?
3, What is (IMM 5444E) and where do I get hold of one?

Cheers for the help mate, have a good one.

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
Hi Qorax!

another question please.....

Regarding Proof of funds at the point of entry.... I have to show proof of funds for 2 people...
1. can i show the bank statements that i've shown during the application (dated January 2010)..how old should the bank statements be allowed to used? im planning to travel by July..
2. I understand that i can show POF in three different forms (cash, Demand draft, or check)...should i bring the total funds in any of these forms? what if i bring first (say in cash) half of the required POF for me...then il just show the bank statements that i have these much but i am only bringing half of it for now?

please advice...thank u for ur help!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi CoCosting,

1, My agent tells me that it is ok to take bank statements as proof of funds as long as the bank statements are in your name, is he right? Frankly I think does not have a clue of what he is on about.
-The agents r goons always; and thus, avoid making any suggestion/advice/guidance to us -lest they r caught unawares.
-There r many variations going around here reg. the Bank Statements. Mu personal opinion is to 'avoid' them & carry Cash/TCs or Drafts instead.

2, What is COPR (IMM 5292B) and where do I get it from?
-This is 'confirmation of Permanent Resident'. It'll come to u alongwith the Visa/s.

3, What is (IMM 5444E) and where do I get hold of one?
-That was a mis-post by me. It is not needed for the 1st PRC. The COPR does the job.

Good Luck !
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
cheot09 said:
Hi Qorax!

another question please.....

Regarding Proof of funds at the point of entry.... I have to show proof of funds for 2 people...
1. can i show the bank statements that i've shown during the application (dated January 2010)..how old should the bank statements be allowed to used? im planning to travel by July..
2. I understand that i can show POF in three different forms (cash, Demand draft, or check)...should i bring the total funds in any of these forms? what if i bring first (say in cash) half of the required POF for me...then il just show the bank statements that i have these much but i am only bringing half of it for now?

please advice...thank u for ur help!
About your point-1: I just replied to CoCosting [as above].

About your point-2: Yes, u can choose any of the formats. Usually 20% in Cash/TC & 80% in Draft is wise.

Qorax

Raj1972

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi qurax,

Last week i received a letter from embassy. They asked me to renew my passport as it was going to expire in Sep end.
I applied under instant scheme and send the same today.

Can you tell me
1. That it is positive sign for issue of Visa.
2. How much time now they will take further.

Thanks

Raj 1972

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi Raj,

-100% positive.

-Expect the visas by a month from the date u sent the new pp booklet.

Qorax

Raj1972

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Raj,

-100% positive.

-Expect the visas by a month from the date u sent the new pp booklet.

Qorax

Thanks brother.

You always supported the needy person.
God bless you.

Thanks again

Raj1972