+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
cheot09 said:
hi qorax!

just a question...do we need no bring with us the forms for the things that we need to declare or we can get it from the airport lonce we arrived? many thanks!
Hi Cheot,

If u r referring to the forms B4 & B4A [which is for listing of goods], u can get it at the a/port... but do u want to waste all your time filling it there? Won't it be better that u do it while at home... leisurely? Besides, how would u write the Sl. Nos. of electronic items... Pics of the Jewellry etc.?

BTW: Do it@home. If u r referring to some other forms -plz clarify.

Regards,
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
at9459 said:
is it important to buy a one way ticket to Canada .
is informing the IO about return after a month against you?
1. The ticket [one way or return] is entirely@our discretion, CIC isn't interested about it.
2. 100%*. If u do that, s/he'll not accept to organize your PR Cards & ask u to fill it later -after your 'final' move.

*No, nothing against u, but can create an unnecessary extra step, for the PRCs.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yahoo India said:
DEAR QORAX,

WHILE FILLING UP THE PR FORM IN THE AIRPORT, IF SOMEONE DOES NOT KNOW WHERE HE WILL STAY, WHAT ADDRESS SHOULD HE GIVE FOR THE SIN CARD TO ARRIVE?

HE MIGHT STAY IN A HOTEL FOR FEW DAYS BEFORE MOVING TO AN APARTMENT OR HE MIGHT LAND IN TORONTO AND THEN DECIDE TO STAY IN VANCOUVER, ETC.

HOW TO GIVE THE ADDRESS FOR SIN CARD SO THAT HE RECEIVES IT SURELY?
Hi YI,

Plz read the point on the PR Card application Form as amended.
This form is not Needed for the 1st Landing. For the initial landing our COPR is enough to get the PR Cards... all the IO@the POE will do is ask for your Canadian Residential Address, which s/he'll record@the COPR -& u r good to go. Don't bother on that form.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sathya103 said:
Dear Qorax,

Can we give a Canadian Mailbox / Po BOX Address for PR Card at the time of landing?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Satya,

Mail Box & PO Box addresses are Not Accepted as the 'address for the PR Cards'. U'll have to provide a 'street address'.

Qorax

cheot09

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
uae
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nil
AOR Received.
nil
File Transfer...
Mar 29, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 9, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Interview........
Mar 8, 2010
Passport Req..
April 12, 2010 (sent on May 1, received by CHC May 4, 2010)
VISA ISSUED...
May 11, 2010 (returned to me on May 19, 2010)
Thank for ur reply qorax!

U are ryt..it's better if i fill up those forms at home...i can get it thru the website ryt?

regards...

qorax said:
Hi Cheot,

If u r referring to the forms B4 & B4A [which is for listing of goods], u can get it at the a/port... but do u want to waste all your time filling it there? Won't it be better that u do it while at home... leisurely? Besides, how would u write the Sl. Nos. of electronic items... Pics of the Jewellry etc.?

BTW: Do it @ home. If u r referring to some other forms -plz clarify.

Regards,
Qorax

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
qorax said:
1. The ticket [one way or return] is entirely @ our discretion, CIC isn't interested about it.
2. 100%*. If u do that, s/he'll not accept to organize your PR Cards & ask u to fill it later -after your 'final' move.

*No, nothing against u, but can create an unnecessary extra step, for the PRCs.
Hi Qorax,

I am landing with my family,but i intend to send them home in a week's time after landing and only i am going to stay back in canada.
At the POE the official might check the return ticket dates and ask why is my family leaving so early.Will that hold against my family in getting their PR cards.
Pls calrify.

Thanks

R

Raj22

Hello Qorax Sir,

I know its a bit wrong for everone to ask all kinds of doubts from u. May I just ask a small doubt. from the information u have provided, its written that we need to take all the original documents (like birth certificates, marriage certificates, school certificates, original degrees etc.) I agree when we go for good , we should carry these things along. But as I am going for 2 weeks initially, do I still need to carry all these originals with me? r they required for immigration process as well?

Thanks a lot for your time

raj

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
penpal said:
Hi Qorax,

I am landing with my family,but i intend to send them home in a week's time after landing and only i am going to stay back in canada.
At the POE the official might check the return ticket dates and ask why is my family leaving so early.Will that hold against my family in getting their PR cards.
Pls calrify.

Thanks
Hi Penpal,

A return ticket is not a hinderance... ppl do it all the time... I did it too. Moreover, the IO @ POE will not check you tkts at all. Even if s/he does, they don't mind. Furthermore, the PA's availability @ Canada is cognizant the family member's -not.

Relax on that front !
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Raj22 said:
Hello Qorax Sir,

I know its a bit wrong for everone to ask all kinds of doubts from u. May I just ask a small doubt. from the information u have provided, its written that we need to take all the original documents (like birth certificates, marriage certificates, school certificates, original degrees etc.) I agree when we go for good , we should carry these things along. But as I am going for 2 weeks initially, do I still need to carry all these originals with me? r they required for immigration process as well?

Thanks a lot for your time

raj
Hi Raj,

The originals r only needed for further action/s on your part [Job Search, Settlement etc.] -and is for a 'final' move. If u r just visiting for a few days -u do not need to carry those originals.

But, don't forget to bring the original COPR, B4 & B4A etc...

Qorax

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
Hi Qorax

Do u know if we can change the address for the office to send to send the PR card after we give an address and decide to change the address after that?

Can we apply for SIN card, drivers licence and health care card without the PR card?

Can we open a bank account and apply credit cards without the PR card?

Thanks for yr advice.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abelkwh said:
Hi Qorax

1. Do u know if we can change the address for the office to send to send the PR card after we give an address and decide to change the address after that?

2. Can we apply for SIN card, drivers licence and health care card without the PR card?

3. Can we open a bank account and apply credit cards without the PR card?

Thanks for yr advice.
1. Yes, u can... by 2 ways, a)Calling the Call Centre & b)Logging to the CIC website. But, I'd advise u to 'avoid' [if u can] -it might complicate the matter & the PRCs might be delayed.

2. Yes, u'll not need the PRC for any of those. All u need is given at point-3 [below].

3. Again Yes, u do not need the PRC for that. All u need is the SIN [which u'll get on-the-spot] & a residence proof.

Qorax

Ps.: I think u'll again ask another ques on the Call Centre. So, here u go in the next post...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
PR Cards Call Center
For information on citizenship and immigration programs and services, including the Permanent Resident Card [PRC] program, Call up:

TEL. NO.: 1 888 242‑2100 (in Canada only)

TIMINGS: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm

TIPS: Since call volumes are higher on Mondays and Tuesdays, you are encouraged to contact the Call Centre later in the week.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Baggage Carts [Trolleys] at Toronto Airport [YYZ]

U all are aware [probably have been reading in all the landing threads] that we need to have small change for getting the Baggage Carts at the Airport. Or can call for a Porter/Handler.

Baggage carts cost $2 each [coins], of which $0.25 is refunded when carts are returned to a dispenser. U have got Two [2] ways to obtain that 'loose change':

1. An *ICE kiosk is conveniently located, just aside the baggage carousel -available to provide currency exchange [including coins] but albeit@lower exchange rates.

2. A Smarte Carte Ambassador 'vending machine' dispenses small change in the baggage claim area. Look@the photo here: http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/421028

Qorax

*ICE: International Currency Exchanger

Reactions: theguyraghav

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Qorax,

I m just need to carry and COPR and PP and other documents(ORG Certificates) and Funds with me in Cabin Luggage right.Anythng else

Regarding the form B4 and B4a is it compulsory to fill it infront of them or i can do it at my home

I m not carrying any electronics except digicam and some new clothes do i need to mention them B4 and i dont have any goods to be followed so i dont have to fill the B4A form right

For getting change from the vending machine are we charged for it

I m Carrying pickle and some masala's with me hope it is okie to carry wat u say...will their be any problem in immigration for the same

I m flying on 10thmay if u want to give me some of ur expertise tips before i fell it wil gr8

Thanks
Abhi