+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Quorax,

Thanks for the infor mate.

I also thought as much that bank statements will not sufice, however I am in a delima now, all my savings are in India and I am in the UK, transfering so much money to UK and getting a bank draft would be very expensive, any suggestions on how to go about it. I am planning to travel on the 27th of this month.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
COCOSTING said:
Dear Quorax,

Thanks for the infor mate.

I also thought as much that bank statements will not sufice, however I am in a delima now, all my savings are in India and I am in the UK, transfering so much money to UK and getting a bank draft would be very expensive, any suggestions on how to go about it. I am planning to travel on the 27th of this month.
Hi,

Why don't u obtain the Draft organized thru the Indian Bank & get it mailed to u. It'd reach u in 4-5 days [India-London].

Qorax

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Qorax,

You are star bro

Sori for late revert but i couldnt check forum due to net problems

I have one gold chain and a small ring in my hand ...is it that i need to take snaps of the same and declare is during immigration

I dont have much luggage bro so i m carrying masala's and pickle cos it wil save some money for me in initial days

I will be staying at address mentioned below ;

104 Westhampton Drive
Etobicoke, Ontario
M9R 1X9 Canada

Do u know how is the place i mean locality and transport connectivity wise

what basic questions does the IO ask to newmigrants...what should we answer if they ask reason for migration?

Sori to bother u much bro
Me flying on 10th may bro wish me luck
Thanks
Abhi

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abhi292000 said:
Halo Qorax,

You are star bro

Sori for late revert but i couldnt check forum due to net problems

I have one gold chain and a small ring in my hand ...is it that i need to take snaps of the same and declare is during immigration

I dont have much luggage bro so i m carrying masala's and pickle cos it wil save some money for me in initial days

I will be staying at address mentioned below ;

104 Westhampton Drive
Etobicoke, Ontario
M9R 1X9 Canada

Do u know how is the place i mean locality and transport connectivity wise

what basic questions does the IO ask to newmigrants...what should we answer if they ask reason for migration?

Sori to bother u much bro
Me flying on 10th may bro wish me luck
Thanks
Abhi
1. Few ornaments that u r sporting on person needn't be mentioned.

2. Etobicoke is a nice neighborhood [suburb] west of Toronto. There r many good family pockets there. Mobility wise do not fear... it is well connected -all around.

3. About the interview at POE, check here [though it'll not be exactly an interview]:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border-interview.asp

Good Luck for the 10th...
Qorax

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Qorax,

U r Gem Bro...so helpful for everyone...u r blessing for this forum man...and i mean it

What should we answer for this question?How long u intend to stay in Canada?

Cos i m not leaving the country unless u until i get the Canadian Citizenship?

And i m also getting some sweets with me hope it is okie to bring? Cos i guess it is made of Dairy products?

Will wait for you reply bro

Thanks
Abhi

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
abhi292000 said:
Halo Qorax,

U r Gem Bro...so helpful for everyone...u r blessing for this forum man...and i mean it

What should we answer for this question?How long u intend to stay in Canada?

Cos i m not leaving the country unless u until i get the Canadian Citizenship?

And i m also getting some sweets with me hope it is okie to bring? Cos i guess it is made of Dairy products?

Will wait for you reply bro

Thanks
Abhi
1. In this case, Say permanently.
2. Sweets -not an issue.

Qorax

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Qorax,

wish me luck bro and do pray for me i m very tense now just two day left

i m carrying 10500 CAd with me as POF since i dont have dependents with me

very afraid and tense about IO what they will ask

regarding B4 and B4a form od u have readily filled in sample forms ...pls do send me for reference please

it will be gr8 help from u bro

i have made a separate file for IO officer wherein i have stored alll org documents with CPR PP and do i need to keep the ORG letter i received from CHC

i have also kept travel insurance policy papers along with it..hope same is suffice and fore with me in my bag

wat is time difference between india and canada.....i need to inform it to my fly

wish me luck bro

thanks
Abhi

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Abhi,

Good Luck !

1. Canada is 10.5 hrs behind India.
2. All the IO & BSO@POE needs is, 1]PP, 2]COPR & 3]B4+B4A. [No other dos r required@airport]

See U@Toronto.
All the best !

Qorax

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Qorax,

Thanks for revert bro

I m not getting anythings later so i dont have to fill the form B4A right

ANd in form B4 do i need to mention everything i m have in my luggage ,can u please help me in same it will gr8 help bro ...or let me know what all things we need to mention in the same thanks

Abhi

somcoorg

Apr 21, 2010
Dear Friends

At first would like to thank Qorax for his elaborative guide on Landing into Canada. It has certainly given me insight on the landing in Canada

After going thru Qorax's guide, I have few clarifications, request all your feedback and guidance

1. I and my family have PR Visa, we are landing in Toronto on 1st Sep 10. But we are making a three week stay in Canada, as we are not able to reside permanently now due to small baby ( one year) I have. Hence we would like to land and apply for the PR Card now when I land in Sep10, and probably after a year or two, I land in Canada permanently.
Can I refer my friends address in toronto to receive the PR Card, will be it be mailed directly to my friend's address and he inturn couriers it to me to India or should I be there personally to collect it.

2. While applying for the PR Card at the Immigration office in Airport, Do the IO check the Flight tickets to check when we are returning back India. Do I need to mention this any where or to anyone.

3. I was checking the CIC site, there I saw Supplement Identification Form, which I need to buy it. Is it applicable for the 1st PR card or will it be provided at the Airport.

4. I am planning to open an bank in Scotia Bank canada from India and transfer the money into the canadian from India, Can I show this as proof of funds at the time of Entry.

5. What all others things I need to do or know at the entry in Toronto with IO.

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
thanks qurax
for great inf.
saleem

myishika

May 2, 2010
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Sept 2009
Doc's Request.
13th Nov 2009
IELTS Request
13 Nov'09 - 7.5
File Transfer...
17th Nov 2009
Med's Request
13th April 2010
Med's Done....
20th April 2010
Interview........
Not done
Passport Req..
13th April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2010
Hi Qorax,

First of all I would like to thank you for helping all the people in this forum in sorting out their queries....You are doing a great job for all of us..

I have a query regarding the landing..
I will be in US for 2 months and am planning to go to Canada during weekend (for Sat and Sun only). I have a friend in Canada whose address I can give for my PR card. I will be travelling very light with only my small backpack. Now my query is:

1) As I am travelling light but with POF, if I tell them my friend's address as my permanent address, will I be able to get the PR card. Will the small bag raise any suspicion that I might not stay there for long

2) As I am travelling to complete basic formalities, like PR card and SIN card and others, I wont be carrying much stuff with me. Please advice how should I fill the Good to follow and the list specifying the goods I am carrying. I will not have a detailed information of the stuff I will be carrying later.

3) Also, do you think I should not go for this 2 day journey as it might creates problem for me later.

Thanks a lot for you support
Cheers

myishika

May 2, 2010
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th Sept 2009
Doc's Request.
13th Nov 2009
IELTS Request
13 Nov'09 - 7.5
File Transfer...
17th Nov 2009
Med's Request
13th April 2010
Med's Done....
20th April 2010
Interview........
Not done
Passport Req..
13th April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2010
Dear All,

I found this link online. http://www.intergate.ca/~rajanr/Van_File/B4_Arriv.html

Hope this will help you all.

Cheers

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
somcoorg said:
Dear Friends

At first would like to thank Qorax for his elaborative guide on Landing into Canada. It has certainly given me insight on the landing in Canada

After going thru Qorax's guide, I have few clarifications, request all your feedback and guidance

1. I and my family have PR Visa, we are landing in Toronto on 1st Sep 10. But we are making a three week stay in Canada, as we are not able to reside permanently now due to small baby ( one year) I have. Hence we would like to land and apply for the PR Card now when I land in Sep10, and probably after a year or two, I land in Canada permanently.
Can I refer my friends address in toronto to receive the PR Card, will be it be mailed directly to my friend's address and he inturn couriers it to me to India or should I be there personally to collect it.

2. While applying for the PR Card at the Immigration office in Airport, Do the IO check the Flight tickets to check when we are returning back India. Do I need to mention this any where or to anyone.

3. I was checking the CIC site, there I saw Supplement Identification Form, which I need to buy it. Is it applicable for the 1st PR card or will it be provided at the Airport.

4. I am planning to open an bank in Scotia Bank canada from India and transfer the money into the canadian from India, Can I show this as proof of funds at the time of Entry.

5. What all others things I need to do or know at the entry in Toronto with IO.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, was getting busy in Toronto.

1. Yes, u can provide a friend's address. No probs.
2. No, they don't check tkts.
3. That form is not required. Our 1st PRC is included in the case processing.
4. Yes, the Startright program will provide u with a statement & that'll suffice for the POF.
5. Nothing much. All r pretty much explained in the OP.

Good luck.
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
myishika said:
Hi Qorax,

First of all I would like to thank you for helping all the people in this forum in sorting out their queries....You are doing a great job for all of us..

I have a query regarding the landing..
I will be in US for 2 months and am planning to go to Canada during weekend (for Sat and Sun only). I have a friend in Canada whose address I can give for my PR card. I will be travelling very light with only my small backpack. Now my query is:

1) As I am travelling light but with POF, if I tell them my friend's address as my permanent address, will I be able to get the PR card. Will the small bag raise any suspicion that I might not stay there for long

2) As I am travelling to complete basic formalities, like PR card and SIN card and others, I wont be carrying much stuff with me. Please advice how should I fill the Good to follow and the list specifying the goods I am carrying. I will not have a detailed information of the stuff I will be carrying later.

3) Also, do you think I should not go for this 2 day journey as it might creates problem for me later.

Thanks a lot for you support
Cheers
1. No problem. Even if s/he asks for the scanty baggage, u can always say that u have good to follow.
2. U must write the B4 in detail, else u'll not be able to bring-in the goods later for Free.
3. It's not wise to leave Canada before obtaining the PRCs. It takes about 30 days. Plan to stay for 45 days.

Qorax