+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
saify said:
Dear Seniors and Gurus your guidance required,

I just received my family passports stamped from Candaian embassy.
Now I am planning to land in Toronto, I am confused whether I should bring my family with me, or I should come alone and find some job and after finding job I should call them.
Is there any restriction from the Canadian authorities to bring family with you.
One thing is for sure that I have to show proof of funds for whole family, either I should go alone or with family.
Anyone from NOC 0213 in Toronto for networking.
Hello Saify,

Congrats on your visa, regarding your questions - please find the answers below:

1) This decision is for you to make, you probably know from the many threads in this forum that finding a job in Canada is difficult.
2) There are no restrictions from the Canadian authorities regarding bringing your family with you - the general rule is that the "Principal
Applicant" has to land first, and the remaining family members - may land on the same date with the Principal applicant or any later
date - BUT ofcourse they have to land before their immigration visa expires.
3) Yes, if you are the Principal applicant, you have to show full POF for the whole family - regardless of whether they land with you on
the same date/or at a later date.
4) I share the same NOC 0213, but i moved back home receiving the PR card. However currently planning for my second/permanent
landing.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
saify said:
Dear Seniors and Gurus your guidance required,

I just received my family passports stamped from Candaian embassy.
Now I am planning to land in Toronto, I am confused whether I should bring my family with me, or I should come alone and find some job and after finding job I should call them.
Is there any restriction from the Canadian authorities to bring family with you.
One thing is for sure that I have to show proof of funds for whole family, either I should go alone or with family.
Anyone from NOC 0213 in Toronto for networking.
saify congratulations
your noc jobs mostly available but not of high level, only lower level or medium level.
this is be good decision if u will go alone bu this all depends upon your family set up, if no problem in home country good schools etc. then alone is better.
all others as per details mentioned by one Sr forum member to you.

ppatel

Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
04-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
First AOR october 2010, Second AOR January 2011 , In-Process 21-May-2012
Med's Request
25-May-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013. Medical Result has been received line added on 12-June-2013. Sent PPT, RPRF Fees, PCC and updated POF to NDOV on 12-June-2013. DD Encashed: 19-June-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 13-Sep-2013, Stamped date 17-Sept-2013
LANDED..........
Plan in February 2014 Last Week
we r planing to land in feb-2014 in Toronto..

me and my husband both r working as "Software developer" in Microsoft Technology ( .Net/C#/Sql server etc).

I need information about IT market and job chances in Toronto--Ontario...

1) should our Indian degree and work experience helpful to find job there?

2) before land, what kind of planing or analysis require which helpful during job hunting there?

3) Is there Indian MCTS/MCP certificate helpful during job search?

4) Today,Which kind skills are demanding in IT industry?

Anyone who landed and belonging in 213 category, Please Provide me valuable information....

saify

Jul 18, 2009
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-09
AOR Received.
25-12-2009
File Transfer...
23-05-2011
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
21-08-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
nekeol said:
saify congratulations
your noc jobs mostly available but not of high level, only lower level or medium level.
this is be good decision if u will go alone bu this all depends upon your family set up, if no problem in home country good schools etc. then alone is better.
all others as per details mentioned by one Sr forum member to you.
THank you Nekeol and emamabd

Jinnery

Nov 15, 2013
Hello All,

I recently got A 4-years Student Visa to study in CA, My question now is with my flight schedule i will be landing in Montreal. and will only be purchasing an onward ticket to Toronto. only heard lately that Montreal and Quebec has different policies in place. Please clarify me on the landing process and how easy it will be for me knowing i dont have a Quebec pass. Also would it be possible for me to connect through to toronto without going thru immigrations at Montreal? and will landing process be completed in Montreal or toronto. as Montreal to toronto will be a local flight? In need of clarifications please help..

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
Jinnery said:
Hello All,

I recently got A 4-years Student Visa to study in CA, My question now is with my flight schedule i will be landing in Montreal. and will only be purchasing an onward ticket to Toronto. only heard lately that Montreal and Quebec has different policies in place. Please clarify me on the landing process and how easy it will be for me knowing i dont have a Quebec pass. Also would it be possible for me to connect through to toronto without going thru immigrations at Montreal? and will landing process be completed in Montreal or toronto. as Montreal to toronto will be a local flight? In need of clarifications please help..
You are going to Canada on a student visa, however your questions only apply to an immigrant visa??????

RSD123

Jul 5, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2011
File Transfer...
Review complete : 22-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2013
Passport Req..
04-Sept-2013
Hi everyone... We are landing in Edmonton shortly. I was in process of booking my tickets.
I have one confusion, my proposed ticket is via Vancouver and then domestic flight to Edmonton. Is it OK or I have to land directly in Alberta to make my landing there.
I mean should the international flight lands directly in Alberta? Or it can land anywhere in Canada, only your final designation should be Alberta.
Please let me know

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
RSD123 said:
Hi everyone... We are landing in Edmonton shortly. I was in process of booking my tickets.
I have one confusion, my proposed ticket is via Vancouver and then domestic flight to Edmonton. Is it OK or I have to land directly in Alberta to make my landing there.
I mean should the international flight lands directly in Alberta? Or it can land anywhere in Canada, only your final designation should be Alberta.
Please let me know
fsw can land anywhere in canada. But PNP Must in the same province, local or internatinal flight is not an issue.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
omarh said:
With my wife and three children we landed in Toronto on 4th October 2013 and we were directed to an office opposite the one where we signed the COPR and got our SIN in few minutes.
My Son who joined us on 9th October got his SIN in Mississauga and it took him 5 minutes to finish it.

Omar

Hi Omar, First of all, accept my heartiest congrats on the safe and smooth landing. I want to have some clarifications (both from you and Qorax. Others also welcome to contribute). I would be grateful if you spare some time and resolve my problem. First, how the Canadian Embassy/High Commission sends the documents (specially the COPR) means in which form? either in a sealed document which the concerned officer at the airport can open or we can also open it? Secondly, do they send separate COPR and other documents for every passport included in the application or there is only one? The reason for asking these questions are 1)- Can we open that documents? 2)- If the family dont travel with me and joins me after few months, how these docs would be managed?

Finally, how the customs behaved with you? what questions did they ask and did they take the physical search of your baggage or not?

Assistance required from all the experience people.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
fsarosh said:

Hi Omar, First of all, accept my heartiest congrats on the safe and smooth landing. I want to have some clarifications (both from you and Qorax. Others also welcome to contribute). I would be grateful if you spare some time and resolve my problem. First, how the Canadian Embassy/High Commission sends the documents (specially the COPR) means in which form? either in a sealed document which the concerned officer at the airport can open or we can also open it? Secondly, do they send separate COPR and other documents for every passport included in the application or there is only one? The reason for asking these questions are 1)- Can we open that documents? 2)- If the family dont travel with me and joins me after few months, how these docs would be managed?

Finally, how the customs behaved with you? what questions did they ask and did they take the physical search of your baggage or not?

Assistance required from all the experience people.

You can open/inspect all documents. Do not sign or write anything on the visa or COPR's.
There is nothing "sealed". You should check to ensure the information in the COPR is correct.

For each person traveling to Canada, you need the passport+COPR for each traveler.
Most other papers accompanying these are just general information about Canada provided by the Embassy to new immigrants.
Read it thoroughly, it is good information.

Each passport has its own COPR. So if your family travels later, let them keep their passports and COPR's.
You come to Canada with your passport+COPR. Family comes later (but before visa expiry)

New Immigrants' luggage is rarely inspected/opened. It is totally random and anyone's baggage can be searched.
As long as you don't have any illegal items, you do not need to worry.
Canadian officials are not harrassing people un-necessary like in 3rd world countries.
Declare money if its over $10,000.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
Can someone answer these queries ?
1) Is it ok to land in Toronto on sat or sunday? (since offices will be closed and will it affect our formalities on the first days?)
2) I heard that now a days we are getting SIN cards from Toronto airport itself. Is it correct?

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yezdi_in said:
1) Is it ok to land in Toronto on sat or sunday? (since offices will be closed and will it affect our formalities on the first days?)
2) I heard that now a days we are getting SIN cards from Toronto airport itself. Is it correct?
1. Yes no issues
2. Yes I've known at least 2 people personally who received the SIN Card (print outs only at the airport while doing landing (not sure about the weekend), the card comes in a week later by postal mail)

Good luck

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
ItsBeenLongNow said:
1. Yes no issues
2. Yes I've known at least 2 people personally who received the SIN Card (print outs only at the airport while doing landing, the card comes in a week later by postal mail)

Good luck
Thank u friend for the quick response :)

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
yezdi_in said:
1- No Issues at all (we landed past October on a saturday)
2- you can Get it but during working hours so it is not available during weekends. but you can do it later its very easy, my card came in 10 days

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
alinec said:
1- No Issues at all (we landed past October on a saturday)
2- you can Get it but during working hours so it is not available during weekends. but you can do it later its very easy, my card came in 10 days
So, if we land on Sat/sun we can apply for SIN card on Mon day only. Hence all other things like health insurance, bank account, Sim card etc after that only. Is it not ? Will it create inconvenience?