+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@ItsBeenLongNow
Thanks I will try to email them about this at LVO. I recently emailed them about an update on my file ,the reply I got was your file is awaiting a review by an officer ,we will contact you in due course but that may take some time.

Thanks
Ario

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ario said:
@ ItsBeenLongNow
Thanks I will try to email them about this at LVO. I recently emailed them about an update on my file ,the reply I got was your file is awaiting a review by an officer ,we will contact you in due course but that may take some time.

Thanks
Ario
this time when you email, tell them you are not able to check your ecas, they will assist

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
@Ario

i got similar message before medical forms. it means vo had ordered to issue u medicals and may be updated ur file. u check online by entering 2nd name instead of 1st name.Normally as suggested by itsbeenlongnow after file is updated names problem(changing into 1st name and 2nd name) occurs . similar case was with our forum member nana. i hope u will get med soon. keep in touch with visa officer. kindly share who is ur visa officer.
saleem

Shandi77

Jul 21, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 April 2010
AOR Received.
20 August 2010
Med's Request
15 March 2013
Med's Done....
9 april 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 October 2013
LANDED..........
Planning in Feb 2014
silverstreak008 said:
Hi friends..can anyone tell hiw many cigarettes we can carry at the time of landing.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/ifcrc-rpcrc-eng.html#a5

Hope that resolve your query.

Anshul Sharma "Shandy77"

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Hi Seniors, I will land 1-2 months ahead my 4family members. my question - they will use the same form B4A as their own list or, i will bring all their list with me and declare those they will bring as 'goods to follow'?

thanks i am a bit confused.

Friends

Oct 23, 2013
Dear Friends

I am new to the forum and want to have your valuable advice for my real concern.
I have landed Calgary in last week of June 2013 and returned back to my home country within 35 days without receiving PR card. I have received my SIN and health card on same Calgary mail box (relative address) whereas PR card still awaited. Its almost four months passed...
By exploring cic website, following options are available:

If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre. (1-888-242 2100)

Or

mail/fax pdf document (IMM 5451) SOLEMN DECLARATION CONCERNING A PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD THAT WAS LOST, STOLEN, DESTROYED OR NEVER RECEIVED

Your guidance is requested in order to take what further actions required or still have to wait silently.

Anxiously waiting for your response and thanking you in advance.

Regards

Geetanjali

Aug 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Too Good

qorax said:
All You Need to Know About Landing...

Hi friends,

As these queries keep coming repeatedly in this forum (& I get many PMs as well), I thought to summarize all into one thread. This post shall quench most of our doubts. I hope it helps...

All the best, buddies !
QORAX

jasmin13

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Interview........
in process Sep 2013
Passport Req..
23 oct 2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada
hi guys,

I am a QSW applicant and I am about to receive my immigration visa. I lived in Montreal for the most of immigration process, but moved to Toronto couple of months ago. I am planing to stay a bit longer in Toronto and move back to Montreal in 3-4 months.

1. I know that the VO needs to be convinced that I am still intending to live in Montreal. Do you know if it'd be a problem if I give them my Toronto address at the boarder and explain to them and I am going back to Montreal in couple of months?

2. given my situation, do you recommend me to go and flagpole from Quebec-US boarder or you think Niagara entry would do just fine?

I am really worried that the officer would reject me if I tell them that I have been living in Toronto for a while.

Thanks for your advise!! Love you guys

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasmin13 said:
hi guys,

I am a QSW applicant and I am about to receive my immigration visa. I lived in Montreal for the most of immigration process, but moved to Toronto couple of months ago. I am planing to stay a bit longer in Toronto and move back to Montreal in 3-4 months.

1. I know that the VO needs to be convinced that I am still intending to live in Montreal. Do you know if it'd be a problem if I give them my Toronto address at the boarder and explain to them and I am going back to Montreal in couple of months?

2. given my situation, do you recommend me to go and flagpole from Quebec-US boarder or you think Niagara entry would do just fine?

I am really worried that the officer would reject me if I tell them that I have been living in Toronto for a while.

Thanks for your advise!! Love you guys
I would recommend that you land in Quebec, give a Quebec address for your PR card and do not mention Toronto at all.

jasmin13

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Interview........
in process Sep 2013
Passport Req..
23 oct 2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada
Leon said:
I would recommend that you land in Quebec, give a Quebec address for your PR card and do not mention Toronto at all.
Thanks so much Leon. I actually have no problem with giving them a Montreal address as I have several friends there whom I can use their address!! but I am worried if they ask me for proof of residency in Quebec such as a lease!! May I ask have you ever heard that they ask for proof of residency in the province in which you're nominated for immigration (in my case QC)?

I know there's no definite answer but I'd appreciate your advise.

Da_loyality36

Oct 28, 2013
Hi. My dad is the primary applicant and we received the required documents recently this week. However, i am currently living in the USA as a student. My question is, do i need to make the same entry date as my family or my dad and my family can enter first and i fly in a day later ? Please help.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Da_loyality36 said:
Hi. My dad is the primary applicant and we received the required documents recently this week. However, i am currently living in the USA as a student. My question is, do i need to make the same entry date as my family or my dad and my family can enter first and i fly in a day later ? Please help.
Yes you can fly after the Principal Applicant and prior to expiry of IM Visa.

Da_loyality36

Oct 28, 2013
nekeol said:
Yes you can fly after the Principal Applicant and prior to expiry of IM Visa.
Thank you nekeol, your response truly helped. I had some other questions as well. I was wondering if I just needed to carry my PP with visa and the cpr only while entering or do I need to carry some other documents as well ? I am not familiar with the procedure, thus I just want to be prepared with all the required documents if I need anything else. Please help me out with this. Thank you.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Da_loyality36 said:
Thank you nekeol, your response truly helped. I had some other questions as well. I was wondering if I just needed to carry my PP with visa and the cpr only while entering or do I need to carry some other documents as well ? I am not familiar with the procedure, thus I just want to be prepared with all the required documents if I need anything else. Please help me out with this. Thank you.
nothing other than Passport with visa, COPR and some time they are asking for the Photos.
take 2 set of copies of all docs in addition.
as you are not main applicant they will not ask you any question all is processed already only you have to land to start processing your PR.
enjoy and be happy.

omarh

Jul 6, 2013
instant_karma said:
Thanks for the confirmation Ketevan,

One more question. In this forum I read in one post that there is a SIN application kiosk on airport itself where we can apply the SIN number. Also some other post said that its not there.

Can anyone pls confirm if SIN kiosk is available at Toronto airport.
With my wife and three children we landed in Toronto on 4th October 2013 and we were directed to an office opposite the one where we signed the COPR and got our SIN in few minutes.
My Son who joined us on 9th October got his SIN in Mississauga and it took him 5 minutes to finish it.

Omar