+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
While en-route to Canada, we've to change the plane at London Heathrow to board our final flight to Canada.

We were told last night by a well wisher that even to change the plane at London Heathrow, one needs a transit visa which came as a rude shock and something hard to believe as it's only a short transit of hrs.

We're flying in next 2-3 days and there is no way we can get this transit visa if at all it's really required.

Pls confirm asap.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
It depends on which country you are from.If you are Indian then you dont need transit visa for UK to change flight
mr_rana said:
While en-route to Canada, we've to change the plane at London Heathrow to board our final flight to Canada.

We were told last night by a well wisher that even to change the plane at London Heathrow, one needs a transit visa which came as a rude shock and something hard to believe as it's only a short transit of hrs.

We're flying in next 2-3 days and there is no way we can get this transit visa if at all it's really required.

Pls confirm asap.

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
steaky said:
1) True. But you don't need the PR card if you have a visa exempted passport. Or if you enter Canada via non commercial vehicle, you don't need the PR card anyways.
2) In the CBSA website: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
Dear Steaky,Dear Qorax, Dear Senoirs, Dear Brother, Dear Sisters
I require visa for every country to enter it:)
My question that staying for 2 days in Canada will not effect process of issuing my PR card. I will provide postal adress of my first cousin and later they bring it here to UAE on thier upcomming visit.
Thanks for your help

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
mr_rana said:

Pls confirm asap.
I dont think so ... for UK you dont require any transit visa whereas if transitting US then u must have.....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jawad1879 said:
Dear Steaky,Dear Qorax, Dear Senoirs, Dear Brother, Dear Sisters
I require visa for every country to enter it:)
My question that staying for 2 days in Canada [size=10pt]will not effect process of issuing my PR card. I will provide postal adress of my first cousin and later they bring it here to UAE on thier upcomming visit.[/size]
Thanks for your help
Hi,

Usually it'd not matter if u haven't disclosed ur short stay to the BSO handling ur 'record of landing' at the Canadian POE during ur 1st entry.

There r many who do the same... enter Canada for their 'landing' and return back to their erstwhile country asap - to wind-up and return later to settle down - and they get their PR cards thru successfully too. However, there also r a minuscule few who get stuck with the same - in which case they enter back [later] by using a PRTD.

Hope that clarified everything. And BTW, Steaky had explained everything well to u before.

Qorax

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_rana said:

Pls confirm asap.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t133469.0.html;msg2047732#msg2047732

Transit visa Not required...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions
If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

you must arrive and depart by air; and
your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.
Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; or
3) a valid USA I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998; or
4) an expired I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998, accompanied by an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship; or
5) a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002; or
6) a valid Australian or New Zealand residence visa; or
7) a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA); or
a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state under Council Regulation (EC) number 1030/2002; or
9) a valid UK residence card; or
10) a valid EEA family permit issued by the UK government; or
11) a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People's Republic of China; or
12) a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or
13) a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam.

A valid US immigrant visa packet (form 155A/155B) is a 'valid visa' for these purposes, but the following documents are not valid for the DATV exemption:

an I-512 parole letter or an I-797C (notice of action) instead of a valid US visa.
a transportation letter instead of a valid US permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998;
a valid travel document with a US 'ADIT' stamp saying - 'Processed for I-551. TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL [date]. EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED'; and
a US visa foil endorsed, "NOT A VISA. FOIL PREPARED AT DHS REQUEST".
If you are a national of a DATV country and you hold a non-national (including refugee) travel document, you will need to get a DATV to transit the UK airside unless you qualify for one of the exemptions listed above.

Please note that this concession is operated at the UK Border Agency's discretion. Our officers may therefore prevent you from using the concession. If you are unsure whether you meet the concession's criteria, you should get a visa before you travel.

As part of your application, you will need to enrol your fingerprints and facial image (known as 'biometric information') at a visa application centre.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
steaky said:
Unless asked, you don't need to explain the reason why you need to return to UAE. They will know sooner or later that you would depart Canada because they have the airlines manifest.
Hi Steaky,

can you please elaborate on the airline manifest and its impact on short stay in Canada? what impact does short stay have on future in Canada if person has to enter Canada before expiry of his/her permanent visa and return to wrap up/finish employment?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coffee said:
Hi Steaky,

can you please elaborate on the airline manifest and its impact on short stay in Canada? what impact does short stay have on future in Canada if person has to enter Canada before expiry of his/her permanent visa and return to wrap up/finish employment?
No impact. As long as you maintain your residency obligation, you are fine.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_rana said:

Pls confirm asap.
Visa not required buddy, I travelled last month via london, no need of transit visa
provided you are not leaving out the airport
All the best, and have a safe journey :)

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
thanks for all the replies...

karbon

Mar 2, 2013
hi to all, please tell me if i did wrong. i booked my tickets via Montreal and my destination is Toronto. bcos i didnt know Quebec's rules of immigration. i am an immigrant and first time land in canada. what problems will i face at the POE.

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Visa not required buddy, I travelled last month via london, no need of transit visa
provided you are not leaving out the airport
All the best, and have a safe journey :)
Its needed for visitors to canada but for PR card or immigrant visa it snot required.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
an74 said:
Its needed for visitors to canada but for PR card or immigrant visa it snot required.
Depending on the nationality, some visitors doesn't require a transit visit. Read this older post by CanV for more info:

CanV said:
That should work to.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-to-transit-landside/

'Transit without visa' concession

If you are a visa national or recognised as stateless, you may be able to transit the UK landside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

you must arrive and depart by air;
your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary

Additionally, if you are a national of country covered by the DATV system, you (or a person with whom you arrive in the UK) must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; or
3) a valid USA I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998; or
4) an expired I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998, accompanied by an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship; or
5) a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002; or
6) a valid Australian or New Zealand residence visa; or
7) a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA); or
8) a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state under Council Regulation (EC) number 1030/2002; or
9) a valid UK residence card; or
10) a valid EEA family permit issued by the UK government; or
11) a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People's Republic of China; or
12) a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or
13) a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam.

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request