+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
I'd need to have my own contact number as soon as I arrive in Canada to be shared for some important follow-ups back home.

So are pre-paid SIM cards an easy purchase at the airport/POE?

I've my concerns since without PR Card or SIN no., if a new comer can easily buy a SIM card right at the airport and that would mean GSM and not CDMA network?

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
Dear Qorax,Dear Brother and Sister

May be you remember me. I am person whose passport were in CHC london and my brother passed away at that time. Now i have some questions which is not clear to me. Could you please give a me detail about below
1 COPR (IMM 5292B)
2. POF. What is POF????
3. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease. Where i will get this form and i have to fill it before flight???
4. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease. I am not carrying anything with myself because going for a day.so do I need it???
5. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled). Not clear???
6. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]. where i will get this NAS 2120????

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best Regards

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
jawad1879 said:
Dear Qorax,Dear Brother and Sister

May be you remember me. I am person whose passport were in CHC london and my brother passed away at that time. Now i have some questions which is not clear to me. Could you please give a me detail about below
1 COPR (IMM 5292B)
2. POF. What is POF????
3. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease. Where i will get this form and i have to fill it before flight???
4. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease. I am not carrying anything with myself because going for a day.so do I need it???
5. Goods Accompanying List. -as above, a table of things u r carrying on person (value & Totaled). Not clear???
6. SIN Card Apps Form (NAS 2120). -Not Needed at the A/port [later at Services Canada]. where i will get this NAS 2120????

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best Regards
1 COPR (IMM 5292B) : Theses are the form you got with PPs. confirmation of permanent residence forms
2. POF. What is POF???? : Proof of funds, cash or DD you have to take with you at the time of landing it depends on your number of family members, normally $ 10,000/person you can check it on cic website for updated one
3. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease. Where i will get this form and i have to fill it before flight??? No need to fill it, would be done by POE officer
4. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease. I am not carrying anything with myself because going for a day.so do I need it???: Yes you need goods to follow list bc when u land again these items would be free of duty otherwise you have to pay tax on the items you would import later., yes pre printed two copies each i think.

Dear Captain please correct me if wrong.

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
Dear Sirsss!!!
Thanks for information.

Goods to follow. I have to print on simple paper or their is special format. What goods i can write in it which will be later useful for me taking from Dubai.

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
an74 said:
1 COPR (IMM 5292B) : Theses are the form you got with PPs. confirmation of permanent residence forms
2. POF. What is POF???? : Proof of funds, cash or DD you have to take with you at the time of landing it depends on your number of family members, normally $ 10,000/person you can check it on cic website for updated one
3. PR Card Application (IMM 5444E). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease. Where i will get this form and i have to fill it before flight??? No need to fill it, would be done by POE officer
4. Goods to Follow List (Form B4 / B4A). -carry it filled pre-printed, for ease. I am not carrying anything with myself because going for a day.so do I need it???: Yes you need goods to follow list bc when u land again these items would be free of duty otherwise you have to pay tax on the items you would import later., yes pre printed two copies each i think.

Dear Captain please correct me if wrong.

Dear Sirsss!!!
Thanks for information.

Goods to follow. I have to print on simple paper or their is special format. What goods i can write in it which will be later useful for me taking from Dubai.

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
Dear Qorax, and Mates,

Any one knows what to write in Disembarakation form as i am just going to complete my landing and came back on another day to UAE. I dont have vacations and due to personal loan i cant shift immediately to Canada so no cushion to leave my current Job.Do they will know that i have return ticket or will ask how many days i will stay in Canada
Please consider it a gigantic help from your side to my family.
God Bless you all.

Regards from Shaheed Family

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawad1879 said:
What goods i can write in it which will be later useful for me taking from Dubai.
Read this guide for details on what goods you can bring:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5114-eng.html#s11

jawad1879 said:
Dear Qorax, and Mates,

Any one knows what to write in Disembarakation form as i am just going to complete my landing and came back on another day to UAE. I dont have vacations and due to personal loan i cant shift immediately to Canada so no cushion to leave my current Job.Do they will know that i have return ticket or will ask how many days i will stay in Canada
Please consider it a gigantic help from your side to my family.
God Bless you all.

Regards from Shaheed Family
Unless asked, you don't need to explain the reason why you need to return to UAE. They will know sooner or later that you would depart Canada because they have the airlines manifest.

jawad1879 said:
1 COPR (IMM 5292B)
2. POF. What is POF????
1) COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Resident = PR visa; one of the document that you need to proceed the landing formality in order to get the PR card
2) POF = Proof of Fund; You need to bring a certain amount of money in the form of DD and equivalent to prove to immigrant officers that you are financially capable of supporting yourself and your family for a certain period. Read this older discussion for details:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-next-month-and-country-of-origin-has-restriction-on-foreign-currency-t130689.0.html;msg1993880#msg1993880

3) The immigration officer will complete that
4) No, bring it again when you intend to settling Canada for at least a year period
5) Same as Goods follow list
6) You can get the SIN application form from Service Canada office across Canada.

an74 said:
Proof of funds, cash or DD you have to take with you at the time of landing it depends on your number of family members, normally $ 10,000/person you can check it on cic website for updated one
This is incorrect. CIC has set minimum POF amount which are updated every year:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
steaky said:
Read this guide for details on what goods you can bring:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5114-eng.html#s11

Unless asked, you don't need to explain the reason why you need to return to UAE. They will know sooner or later that you would depart Canada because they have the airlines manifest.

1) COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Resident = PR visa; one of the document that you need to proceed the landing formality in order to get the PR card
2) POF = Proof of Fund; You need to bring a certain amount of money in the form of DD and equivalent to prove to immigrant officers that you are financially capable of supporting yourself and your family for a certain period. Read this older discussion for details:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-next-month-and-country-of-origin-has-restriction-on-foreign-currency-t130689.0.html;msg1993880#msg1993880

3) The immigration officer will complete that
4) No, bring it again when you intend to settling Canada for at least a year period
5) Same as Goods follow list
6) You can get the SIN application form from Service Canada office across Canada.

This is incorrect. CIC has set minimum POF amount which are updated every year:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Dear Boss,
Thanks a lot for your detailed feed back,
1)My question is IO in Canda will know that i have return ticket f>
2) what to wrtie in disembarakation form that how many days i will stay.
3)we are 2 and one kid means in total 3. So 20,000USD will be suffiecnt for POF.
4) Goods to follow i have to type in simple paper or there is some form available for it.
Thanks for your reply

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawad1879 said:
Dear Boss,
Thanks a lot for your detailed feed back,
1)My question is IO in Canda will know that i have return ticket f>
2) what to wrtie in disembarakation form that how many days i will stay.
3)we are 2 and one kid means in total 3. So 20,000USD will be suffiecnt for POF.
4) Goods to follow i have to type in simple paper or there is some form available for it.
Thanks for your reply
1) What does it matter if they know or not? It doesn't matter! Once you arrive, you can depart Canada the same day if you want. :)
2) It's up to you
3) Yes, that amount is ok
4) Type or handwrite in the B4E form. If you need more space, attach the item list in plain paper

jawad1879

Jan 7, 2013
steaky said:
1) What does it matter if they know or not? It doesn't matter! Once you arrive, you can depart Canada the same day if you want. :)
2) It's up to you
3) Yes, that amount is ok
4) Type or handwrite in the B4E form. If you need more space, attach the item list in plain paper
Dear Boss,
Thanks for reply.
1) I mean that they(IO) may not process my PR card if they have access to airline system that i am leaving Canada after 2 days.As i will be having confirmed booked ticcket
2) Where to get B4E form.
I must say thanks in advance for your help

tiktak

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 1012
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 23, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
Hi folks,

I received passport request via email however the only requirement for me to do is only to send passport and prepaid courier and no request for COPR and new photo ID. Do I need to send ID and COPR though not requested? or is there new rule that ID or COPR at not needed anymore?

Thank you in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawad1879 said:
Dear Boss,
Thanks for reply.
1) I mean that they(IO) may not process my PR card if they have access to airline system that i am leaving Canada after 2 days.As i will be having confirmed booked ticcket
1) True. But you don't need the PR card if you have a visa exempted passport. Or if you enter Canada via non commercial vehicle, you don't need the PR card anyways.
2) In the CBSA website: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiktak said:
Hi folks,

I received passport request via email however the only requirement for me to do is only to send passport and prepaid courier and no request for COPR and new photo ID. Do I need to send ID and COPR though not requested? or is there new rule that ID or COPR at not needed anymore?

Thank you in advance.
COPR is generated by CIC. It'd automatically come in the returning package with ur stamped pps.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jawad1879 said:
Dear Boss,
Thanks for reply.
2) B4E: Read here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44793.0.html

tiktak

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
na
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 1012
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 23, 2013
LANDED..........
May 27, 2013
qorax said:
COPR is generated by CIC. It'd automatically come in the returning package with ur stamped pps.
Great! Thanks you sir Quorax..