+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear qorax bro.,

I've just sent you a PM.

Kindly reply.

Thanks.

uysidiane

Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21-2-12
IELTS Request
with docs
Hello Sir, I will be landing in Canada sometime in May.
I'm sa QSW and I wanted to visit my friend in Regina, SK for a few days before flying off to Montreal. is that possible?
And can I give my friends address in SK for the PR card since I still dont have address in Montreal?

Hope you can clear my queries.

Thank you!

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
qorax said:
1. One B4 will always be enough. the trick is in compiling various 'similar items' under one group and writing the group heading in one of the 8 rows of the B4. E.g.: A group heading of "Electronics & Gadgets" could encompass TVs, Home Theatre Systems, Music Systems, Cameras, Camcorders, Laptops, PS3s etc.

2. That's correct. And attach separate "group lists" to the B4.

3. Yes. And don't forget their photos.

4. Whatever they've received is good enough... if there's any shortfall -- ur Family Physician shall do the needful.

Qorax
Ps.: Didn't u read my thread on B4?
is there tax on personal clothes we will bring later. Do I need to mention all the possible clothes in things to follow list. What if I bring things in two or three steps after landing. Do i need to make separate form

srmo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
march 2010 2nd AOR dated 27-05-2010 received june 17 2010
IELTS Request
already done april 2009 have 6.5 overall bands
File Transfer...
18-03-2010
Med's Request
may-11, 2012
Med's Done....
June-30, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July-27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 August 2012, received on 25-08-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
qorax said:
1. One B4 will always be enough. the trick is in compiling various 'similar items' under one group and writing the group heading in one of the 8 rows of the B4. E.g.: A group heading of "Electronics & Gadgets" could encompass TVs, Home Theatre Systems, Music Systems, Cameras, Camcorders, Laptops, PS3s etc.

4. Whatever they've received is good enough... if there's any shortfall -- ur Family Physician shall do the needful.

Qorax
Yes i did not read it. Please let me know the link to download the form for SIN no Application and it its no. please.

spokhrel

Feb 5, 2013
qorax said:

Qorax

Hello Qorax sir,
please accept my regards. could u plz bail me out of this crisis? my status turned to decision made on 12thfeb, 2013 after i had sent medicals and passports in november. since the canadian cooperation office in Nepal is closed we were given an email by visa application centre to which i forarded an emai after few days i got a reply from NDVO which reads: your application is awaiting final review by a visa officer. please be assure that as soon as the review is complete, you will be advised accordingly. isn't that confusing? my status still shows decision made with the usual details which one is authentic? my ecas or the mail i received? plus isnt decision made a state where everything like stamping the visa done? your input will put my pounding heart at rest?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
uysidiane said:
Hello Sir, I will be landing in Canada sometime in May.
I'm sa QSW and I wanted to visit my friend in Regina, SK for a few days before flying off to Montreal. is that possible?
And can I give my friends address in SK for the PR card since I still dont have address in Montreal?

Hope you can clear my queries.

Thank you!
U can land in SK while showing ur onward tkts (to a Quebec port) to the BSO at SK, that's a non-issue. However, if u offer them an sK address -- u'd be in trouble for sure, b'coz being a QSW applicant u r obliged to stay in the province of Quebec, at least for sometime after landing.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
an74 said:
is there tax on personal clothes we will bring later. Do I need to mention all the possible clothes in things to follow list. What if I bring things in two or three steps after landing. Do i need to make separate form
Just write a general/overall figure, e.g. "Personal used clothing = 2 boxes". It doesn't matter... no taxes/duties/levies anywhere/anytime in any case.

srmo said:
Yes i did not read it. Please let me know the link to download the form for SIN no Application and it its no. please.
U don't need to prefill the SIN card application... u can do so at the Service Canada office.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
spokhrel said:
Hello Qorax sir,
please accept my regards. could u plz bail me out of this crisis? my status turned to decision made on 12thfeb, 2013 after i had sent medicals and passports in november. since the canadian cooperation office in Nepal is closed we were given an email by visa application centre to which i forarded an emai after few days i got a reply from NDVO which reads: your application is awaiting final review by a visa officer. please be assure that as soon as the review is complete, you will be advised accordingly. isn't that confusing? my status still shows decision made with the usual details which one is authentic? my ecas or the mail i received? plus isnt decision made a state where everything like stamping the visa done? your input will put my pounding heart at rest?
99% ur visa is stamped... just a matter of time before u receive it. ND - KTM gets a bit delayed, but u'd've it soon, RELAX!

Feb 16, 2013
Dear Sir,

After reading this forum, it seems that I have known you for a long time already. :) You are such a blessing.

Anyway, I hope you can give your opinion to my dilemma.

You see, I have applied for nursing registration (SRNA) in SK for more than 2 years now since my friends are there. Due to document issues, mostly on my side, the SRNA took ages before they could finalize the said application. On the process of this application, I lost hope since it showed no progress at all. So i applied for QSW instead and disregard that SRNA application. Now, I already have my QSW Visa and I will be flying off on June. Then I receive this letter from SRNA to go for assessment in SK so I can get my license.

Now Im confused. I wanted to get that license in SK and start my career as soon as possible due to financial reasons which i cannot do yet in Quebec because I have not yet applied for the registration. So I wanted to stay in SK now instead of Quebec. I have weighed the pros and cons but it seems that staying in SK is better and practical. Im planning to land in Montreal for 3 days just for the sake of landing then fly to SK and do the assessment. I can use my friends address in Montreal to receive my PRC.

Here are the thoughts that has been clouding my mind for quite sometime:
1.) Is it possible to fly from Montreal to SK without the PRC yet?
2.) Wont I get deported if Quebec knew that I dint stay in quebec as what I have intended to initally?
3.) In the long run, will it not complicate things up when I apply for citizenship?
4.) Have you ever known somebody who also left Quebec after they had landed?
5.) What would be the worst case scenario?

Please enlighten me. I'm sorry to take up your time. I dunno what to do.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
frustratedbaker said:
Dear Sir,

After reading this forum, it seems that I have known you for a long time already. :) You are such a blessing.

Anyway, I hope you can give your opinion to my dilemma.

You see, I have applied for nursing registration (SRNA) in SK for more than 2 years now since my friends are there. Due to document issues, mostly on my side, the SRNA took ages before they could finalize the said application. On the process of this application, I lost hope since it showed no progress at all. So i applied for QSW instead and disregard that SRNA application. Now, I already have my QSW Visa and I will be flying off on June. Then I receive this letter from SRNA to go for assessment in SK so I can get my license.

Now Im confused. I wanted to get that license in SK and start my career as soon as possible due to financial reasons which i cannot do yet in Quebec because I have not yet applied for the registration. So I wanted to stay in SK now instead of Quebec. I have weighed the pros and cons but it seems that staying in SK is better and practical. Im planning to land in Montreal for 3 days just for the sake of landing then fly to SK and do the assessment. I can use my friends address in Montreal to receive my PRC.

Here are the thoughts that has been clouding my mind for quite sometime:
2.) Wont I get deported if Quebec knew that I dint stay in quebec as what I have intended to initally?
3.) In the long run, will it not complicate things up when I apply for citizenship?

Please enlighten me. I'm sorry to take up your time. I dunno what to do.
Hi,

U don't need ur PR cards to travel, or settle down, or opening a bank a/c, or buying a car, or whatever!

That's a strong word/notion, can't really comment on that. However, u r required to stay in the province of Quebec for sometime being a QSW applicant.

There can be questions raised.

After some time more.

Citizenship is getting tough/er by the day. Now, nearly 50% cases get the RQ, which used to be only for 10% sometime back. Meaning? -One never knows what's coming next. Take/make a wise decision.

Good Luck
!

Feb 16, 2013
qorax said:
Hi,

U don't need ur PR cards to travel, or settle down, or opening a bank a/c, or buying a car, or whatever!

That's a strong word/notion, can't really comment on that. However, u r required to stay in the province of Quebec for sometime being a QSW applicant.

There can be questions raised.

After some time more.

Citizenship is getting tough/er by the day. Now, nearly 50% cases get the RQ, which used to be only for 10% sometime back. Meaning? -One never knows what's coming next. Take/make a wise decision.

Good Luck
!
Sir,

What do you suggest will I do? Your opinion will be highly appreciated.

Saffska

Jan 17, 2013
Cheltenham, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frustratedbaker said:
Sir,

What do you suggest will I do? Your opinion will be highly appreciated.
He said in his previous reply to you to make a wise decision, meaning it's your decision when it comes to what you do.

spokhrel

Feb 5, 2013
qorax said:
99% ur visa is stamped... just a matter of time before u receive it. ND - KTM gets a bit delayed, but u'd've it soon, RELAX!
thank you so very much. more than i can ever put into words.

teejay

Aug 25, 2012
NIGERIA
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2010
Nomination.....
02-2012
AOR Received.
02-2012
IELTS Request
03-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Request
15-08-2012
Med's Done....
18-08-2012
Interview........
SKIPPED
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013
LANDED..........
soon
my people, pls guide me, i am coming to Calgary enroute Montreal, which means i will do my POINT OF ENTRY FORMALITIES AND POF DECLARATION in Montreal before boarding Calgary's flight 3 hrs later.

I hope this is doable pls, hope I will not be worried again if I get to Calgary for another POE AND POF processes?

kindly guide me before I book pls!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teejay said:
my people, pls guide me, i am coming to Calgary enroute Montreal, which means i will do my POINT OF ENTRY FORMALITIES AND POF DECLARATION in Montreal before boarding Calgary's flight 3 hrs later.

I hope this is doable pls, hope I will not be worried again if I get to Calgary for another POE AND POF processes?

kindly guide me before I book pls!
Yes, it is doable and not a problem. The landing formalities are relatively fast and you will not go through immigration again in Calgary because Montreal to Calgary is a domestic flight.