+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
landed since 28,Nov.2012 still waiting for my PRCard, please advice.
Dear Qorax, I'd like to share this post in your active topic, hoping to get more comments, I appreciate if u have one, and thank u for ur previous answers and advices before my landing I really got too much benefits, thank u so much:
I called CIC when I landed to be reassured about my new canadian address, and asked why still my address on e-cas is the wrong address and they answered it needs time to update address on e-cas,
how can I contact the related CIC office for follow up?
any one think that leaving Canada befor PRC receipt being the cause of that delay?
does a PRC arrival leads to appearance of the address on e-cas which we provided at/after landing?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
D.Osman said:
landed since 28,Nov.2012 still waiting for my PRCard, please advice.
Dear Qorax, I'd like to share this post in your active topic, hoping to get more comments, I appreciate if u have one, and thank u for ur previous answers and advices before my landing I really got too much benefits, thank u so much:
I called CIC when I landed to be reassured about my new canadian address, and asked why still my address on e-cas is the wrong address and they answered it needs time to update address on e-cas,
how can I contact the related CIC office for follow up?
any one think that leaving Canada befor PRC receipt being the cause of that delay?
does a PRC arrival leads to appearance of the address on e-cas which we provided at/after landing?
Why do u bother about the e-Cas address now?
As long as u've provided ur Canadian address to the BSO as part of ur landing - u r good. It takes around 2 months to get the PR cards. And if it doesn't come by 3 months - u may call their Customer Service#.

qorax said:
PR Cards Call Center
For information on citizenship and immigration programs and services, including the Permanent Resident Card [PRC] program, Call up:

TEL. NO.: 1 888 242‑2100 (in Canada only)

TIMINGS: Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4 pm

TIPS: Since call volumes are higher on Mondays and Tuesdays, you are encouraged to contact the Call Centre later in the week.

Qorax

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
qorax said:
Why do u bother about the e-Cas address now?
As long as u've provided ur Canadian address to the BSO as part of ur landing - u r good. It takes around 2 months to get the PR cards. And if it doesn't come by 3 months - u may call their Customer Service#.
the problem is that I'm currently outside Canada and planning for return with my family for their landing nearly,
I heard some mentioned that appearance of the new address on e-cas is the indicator of PRC bas been mailed to it, and no one can call the # as they ask for authorization and unfortunately I didn't authorized one, I think I should contact my visa office in Poland if the email of CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry@cic.gc.ca not answered my inquiry.
I'm just worried about a possibility of mailing it to a wrong address.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
D.Osman said:
the problem is that I'm currently outside Canada and planning for return with my family for their landing nearly,
I heard some mentioned that appearance of the new address on e-cas is the indicator of PRC bas been mailed to it, and no one can call the # as they ask for authorization and unfortunately I didn't authorized one, I think I should contact my visa office in Poland if the email of CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca not answered my inquiry.
I'm just worried about a possibility of mailing it to a wrong address.
Return back using a PRTD.

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
Re: LANDING IN CANADA ??? Cheapest deal ever

hi all

i booked my tickets for may17th 2013 i saw a v.gud deal in orbitz. i booked thru online. the fares differ each day so go to site and chk ur deal and availability

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013
hi mr.qorax

please clear my doubt on this surname issue

i applied for my passport after marriage. my surname is my husbands name in tha passport whereas all other documents contain my dad's name. my visa also contains the same thing as in the passport. tell me if i have to use the same in all other documents in canada or will they accept the name in other documents. if so what should i do . change the surname in passport or legally change my surname in gazette

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
srilatharajesh said:
hi mr.qorax

please clear my doubt on this surname issue

i applied for my passport after marriage. my surname is my husbands name in tha passport whereas all other documents contain my dad's name. my visa also contains the same thing as in the passport. tell me if i have to use the same in all other documents in canada or will they accept the name in other documents. if so what should i do . change the surname in passport or legally change my surname in gazette
Dear Ma'am,

U don't need to worry about anything. Once 'landed' ur name everywhere with remain the same as what's reflected in ur COPR. That's what will be in ur PR Card, SIN Card, Health Card, D/License, Bank A/c etc. And it wouldn't matter if ur previous docs (b'fore marriage) had a/ny other variant of ur name.

All the best!

Qorax

srilatharajesh

Jul 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
File Transfer...
30 March 2010
Med's Request
23 June 2012
Med's Done....
12 july 2012
Passport Req..
23 June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
18 May 2013

gery79

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Viena
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have a question that maybe it has been asked before
Supposed i have applied to Quebec and also passed all the phases of the proccess . I have my passports with Visas and everything . I do not want to go to Montreal or any other french speaking provinces .
Can i go to another English speaking province?
or is this a big issue.
Thanx

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gery79 said:
i have a question that maybe it has been asked before
Supposed i have applied to Quebec and also passed all the phases of the proccess . I have my passports with Visas and everything . I do not want to go to Montreal or any other french speaking provinces .
Can i go to another English speaking province?
or is this a big issue.
Thanx
Since you applied to Quebec, you have to live in that province for a little while. You can however choose to live in an area in Quebec closest to Ontario (an English speaking province) so that you can work in Ontario.

CSQ

Aug 29, 2012
Question for those who landed recently in Canada for the first time

-Do we need to take the PR card application form pre-filled or the immigration officer will fill the application online at the point of entry.
- Any photographs required at the point of entry.

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CSQ said:
Question for those who landed recently in Canada for the first time

1-Do we need to take the PR card application form pre-filled or the immigration officer will fill the application online at the point of entry.
2- Any photographs required at the point of entry.

Regards
1. No. It'd be filed online automatically by the BSO handling ur record of landing. U'd need a Canadian address though.
2. Not required, however it's good to carry a couple of them (the CIC size).

srmo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
march 2010 2nd AOR dated 27-05-2010 received june 17 2010
IELTS Request
already done april 2009 have 6.5 overall bands
File Transfer...
18-03-2010
Med's Request
may-11, 2012
Med's Done....
June-30, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July-27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 August 2012, received on 25-08-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
Dear Sir
I am Planning to land with my wife and 2 kids on April 7th. I have some queries
1. What if one B4 form is not sufficient Should we print the same blank one or there is a continuation sheet?
2. When we fill the form should we group like clothing, kitchen Utencils, Shoes etc?
3. for gold ornaments should we use the same form?
4. For Children I have vaccination record signed by the Physician in booklet called International Certificate of Vaccination but not on the form from Canada.
My kids were administered with Yellow Fever, BCG, DPT, Polio, Measles and Hepatitis B only.
a) Do they need any other vaccination as well besides these?

waiting to here from you qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
srmo said:
Dear Sir
I am Planning to land with my wife and 2 kids on April 7th. I have some queries
1. What if one B4 form is not sufficient Should we print the same blank one or there is a continuation sheet?
2. When we fill the form should we group like clothing, kitchen Utencils, Shoes etc?
3. for gold ornaments should we use the same form?
4. For Children I have vaccination record signed by the Physician in booklet called International Certificate of Vaccination but not on the form from Canada.
My kids were administered with Yellow Fever, BCG, DPT, Polio, Measles and Hepatitis B only.
a) Do they need any other vaccination as well besides these?

waiting to here from you qorax
1. One B4 will always be enough. the trick is in compiling various 'similar items' under one group and writing the group heading in one of the 8 rows of the B4. E.g.: A group heading of "Electronics & Gadgets" could encompass TVs, Home Theatre Systems, Music Systems, Cameras, Camcorders, Laptops, PS3s etc.

2. That's correct. And attach separate "group lists" to the B4.

3. Yes. And don't forget their photos.

4. Whatever they've received is good enough... if there's any shortfall -- ur Family Physician shall do the needful.

Qorax
Ps.: Didn't u read my thread on B4?