+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

CANPK

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
Hi, Members,

I am new to the forum. I am planning to land next month can anyone help me in selecting the good area in Toronto.
What is the average rent for 1bedroom apartment or house in center city?

Thank you

CANPK

jirehrajan

Sep 9, 2011
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
25-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
19-10-2011
Hi CANPK,
me too landing on 19th of October at Toronto, staying till 31st of October and returning to resume duty in Kuwait. Still to find an accommodation. tried with safehomestay, overseashome, torontorooms4u etc. but no positive result. Im keep searching,God wil make a wayout. thanx.
CANPK said:
Hi, Members,

I am new to the forum. I am planning to land next month can anyone help me in selecting the good area in Toronto.

Thank you

CANPK

CANPK

Star Member
Sep 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
jirehrajan said:
Hi CANPK,
me too landing on 19th of October at Toronto, staying till 31st of October and returning to resume duty in Kuwait. Still to find an accommodation. tried with safehomestay, overseashome, torontorooms4u etc. but no positive result. Im keep searching,God wil make a wayout. thanx.
Yes brother I think we will find the accommodation. Check all short term accommodation. Also check with forum members.
I will stay permanently. I am leaving my job and coming to Canada. I am in Sharja, UAE.

Thank you

CANPK

L

Luvdubai

Hi Qorax,

First of all, thank you for the gr8 effort you put in here. It sure is very helpful.
I have questions though regarding the b4 and b4a forms.

What's the difference between those two forms, because I do not really know which one to fill.
Secondly, Do I have to put in there everything that I carry along, even clothes? like the details of jackets, shirts, etc.. (hope that doesn't sound like a silly question!) but I really need to know what to put on the form and what not to.

Many Thanks.

DELHI INDIAN

Jan 24, 2011
Mayankpandya, you can also open scotia bank account from india and transfer your funds and save all hassles of tc/bd/conversion charges etc.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Thanks Qorax for your reply on Scarbourough , right now i have no option. Will change it later.

Thanks Delhi Indian for advise. But Scotia need 21 days to open account & i am running short of time.

Regards
Mayank

DELHI INDIAN said:
Mayankpandya, you can also open scotia bank account from india and transfer your funds and save all hassles of tc/bd/conversion charges etc.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CANPK said:
Hi, Members,

Thank you
CANPK

17. Toronto Neighborhoods: - Which are the 'good locations' for residence'...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t66734.0.html

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jirehrajan said:
Hi CANPK,
CANPK said:
Yes brother I think we will find the accommodation. Check all short term accommodation. Also check with forum members.
I will stay permanently. I am leaving my job and coming to Canada. I am in Sharja, UAE.

Thank you

CANPK
Since most of the "ShortStay Accoms" r running full till end of this yr I'd suggest u guys to touchbase with Studio6 & Motel6.

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know you can buy a car, register and use it in the period in Ontario and BC with your UAE license, but I'm not sure whether you can in Manitoba.

Have you think of the cost of getting insurance for your car also at the time of registering?

Read this website for info:

http://www.mpi.mb.ca/english/dr_licensing/ForeignDL.html

WPG Canada 11 said:
Dear Qorax

I got my Visa recently and planning to land soon in Manitoba where I am planning to live.
the issue that I will be landing for 2-3 months to get the PR card then get back home for 1 year to prepare finalize my business there and move permanently to Canada.

My plan was to rent a car temporary for 2-3 months which I will spend in my first landing, but I found that car rental for this period will cost like 4-6 Thousand dollars if not more, So I am thinking to buy a car and use it for this period then store it in my friend parking until I will be back after one year from my leaving.

My question: am I able to buy and register a car in Manitoba (get it insured as well) before getting my Canadian (Manitoba driving license), also to ask if I can drive with my international UAE driving license until I get my Manitoba one (I am not sure how long it will take me to get the driving license there)

what do you think about the idea of buying a car in this way, don't you think it is better to pay the above 4-6 thousands as part of car cost instead of give it away to the car rental company.

Note: I have 2 driving license since more than 5 years (Saudi and Emirates one).

Thanks for your help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luvdubai said:
Hi Qorax,

First of all, thank you for the gr8 effort you put in here. It sure is very helpful.
I have questions though regarding the b4 and b4a forms.

What's the difference between those two forms, because I do not really know which one to fill.
Secondly, Do I have to put in there everything that I carry along, even clothes? like the details of jackets, shirts, etc.. (hope that doesn't sound like a silly question!) but I really need to know what to put on the form and what not to.

Many Thanks.
B4a is just a continuation of B4. If you are not sure how to fill it out, just prepare a list of items on separate piece of paper (preferably in excel format) and then handover them to the customs officer with the uncompleted forms. The officer will help you complete.

The list shall be in this format:

S/N Description Category Remarks Make Quantity Value for duty (CAD) Years of Possession
1 IPAD2 Appliance Ship Apple 1 200 6 months

WPG Canada 11

Star Member
Oct 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/01/2010
Nomination.....
24/12/2009
AOR Received.
20/02/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
01/06/2011
Med's Done....
17/07/2011
Passport Req..
17/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/08/2011
@ Qorax

please i am still waiting your response for my above question.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
WPG Canada 11 said:
Dear Qorax

I got my Visa recently and planning to land soon in Manitoba where I am planning to live.
the issue that I will be landing for 2-3 months to get the PR card then get back home for 1 year to prepare finalize my business there and move permanently to Canada.

My plan was to rent a car temporary for 2-3 months which I will spend in my first landing, but I found that car rental for this period will cost like 4-6 Thousand dollars if not more, So I am thinking to buy a car and use it for this period then store it in my friend parking until I will be back after one year from my leaving.

My question: am I able to buy and register a car in Manitoba (get it insured as well) before getting my Canadian (Manitoba driving license), also to ask if I can drive with my international UAE driving license until I get my Manitoba one (I am not sure how long it will take me to get the driving license there)

what do you think about the idea of buying a car in this way, don't you think it is better to pay the above 4-6 thousands as part of car cost instead of give it away to the car rental company.

Note: I have 2 driving license since more than 5 years (Saudi and Emirates one).

Thanks for your help
We have dealt with this query, earlier, in the DL thread...

1. With your IDL/IDP u could drive for 3 months in Canada... only a "rented car" -- not your personal vehicle.

2. With your overseas license u can buy a car here, but u can't get it registered... thus, technically the car "won't" move-out from the dealer's/seller's premises... thus, factually u haven't bought the car.

3. With your 5yrs' overseas driving history u'd have a wait-time waiver -- thus, u could get your Canadian DL in 7-14 days... max 1-2 months even if u fail the [once allowed] direct 'G' r/test.

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Qorax,

Are you sure?

Last time my BC lawyer told me that with my overseas license, regardless rented car or personal vehicle, I could drive in BC up to 90 days of moving here. Here's the relevant webpage:

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/moving-bc/moving-dl/other_most

Besides, when I first move here I bought a car from a dealer, got it registered and insured using my overseas license and no-claim letters, and drove the car back home. ICBC had no issues about that.

For (3), is it just Ontario? In BC, you can get a interim L License after you pass the knowledge test. If you pass the road test, you can get a interim class 5 License and get the regular in 8 days.

qorax said:
We have dealt with this query, earlier, in the DL thread...

1. With your IDL/IDP u could drive for 3 months in Canada... only a "rented car" -- not your personal vehicle.

2. With your overseas license u can buy a car here, but u can't get it registered... thus, technically the car "won't" move-out from the dealer's/seller's premises... thus, factually u haven't bought the car.

3. With your 5yrs' overseas driving history u'd have a wait-time waiver -- thus, u could get your Canadian DL in 7-14 days... max 1-2 months even if u fail the [once allowed] direct 'G' r/test.

Qorax

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
rslcanada said:
i suggest not to mention that you are going to stay in canada for just 2wks so that they will process your PR card application as what i did during my landing last month and gave them my friend's address for delivery of my PR card.
Hi rslcanada,

I completed my landing at niagra falls on sept 16 and everything went fine. As suggested by you, i told them that we are going to stay in Canada and they said that you will get the card in 4-6 weeks. I also applied for SIN number and now i am back in usa. Is there a way to track your PR Card online? Also did you get your card or still waiting? Thanks!

arjignesh

Jan 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
27-03-2012
Dear Seniors,

How much expense we can expect for couple with normal 1BHK appt. rent and average food (VEG) tele.net etc..

I know it depends upon choice but i just wanted to know some experience.

Because I will be carrying the fund exactly CIC has mentioned not more than that..so i was confused whether it will be sufficient or not.