+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

nitinkalra99

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
A. The photo issue can happen with anyone. My take: It usually occurs when the pax isn't residing in Canada.
B. That resubmission of pics letter specifies the deadline, usually 45-60 days.
C. Your spouse/kids can visit the CIC office w/out u [if it's their case].
D. The PRTD isn't much a hassle till u do not fall short of the residency requirement [3yrs/5yrs].
E. Post 'landing' - anyone of u can travel alone to Canada... there's no more a 'PA' thereon anymore.

Qorax
Hi Qorax,

I have a query regarding landing procedure.

Can a first time FSW immigrant with Toronto as destination in COPR choose where he/she will perform landing formalities.

In other words landing in Toronto and hoping through Montreal, finally towards his/her final destination. Is it mandatory to perform 'landing' at Toronto (as being first halt in Canada) or can be performed at the final destination.

What would you advise in such a scenario, one thing is for sure customs can only be performed at the point of exits (I think).

Please advice.

With thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nitinkalra99 said:
Hi Qorax,

I have a query regarding landing procedure.

Can a first time FSW immigrant with Toronto as destination in COPR choose where he/she will perform landing formalities.

In other words landing in Toronto and hoping through Montreal, finally towards his/her final destination. Is it mandatory to perform 'landing' at Toronto (as being first halt in Canada) or can be performed at the final destination.

What would you advise in such a scenario, one thing is for sure customs can only be performed at the point of exits (I think).

Please advice.

With thanks in advance.
No, you "perform landing" in the first port of entry - in this case Toronto.

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
[/quote] Hi Everybody,

I am trying to land in Canada from USA in mid september and i have a question. I just broke my wrist, got a fracture and now i have a cast on my hand and forearem. Do you think having this cast would create any problem at POE. I can enter through either vancouver or buffalo and would also like to know which POE would be easier. I also plan to come back to USA in 2 weeks and plan to give the address of my brother in law in canada for PR card. Is that OK to give my relative's address and tell them that i plan to come back to USA in 2 weeks? Can they hold the PR card if they come to know this. Please help me in this matter. Thanks for your help.

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
johnyusa said:
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to land in Canada from USA in mid september and i have a question. I just broke my wrist, got a fracture and now i have a cast on my hand and forearem. Do you think having this cast would create any problem at POE. I can enter through either vancouver or buffalo and would also like to know which POE would be easier. I also plan to come back to USA in 2 weeks and plan to give the address of my brother in law in canada for PR card. Is that OK to give my relative's address and tell them that i plan to come back to USA in 2 weeks? Can they hold the PR card if they come to know this. Please help me in this matter. Thanks for your help.

i suggest not to mention that you are going to stay in canada for just 2wks so that they will process your PR card application as what i did during my landing last month and gave them my friend's address for delivery of my PR card.

johnyusa

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
rslcanada said:
i suggest not to mention that you are going to stay in canada for just 2wks so that they will process your PR card application as what i did during my landing last month and gave them my friend's address for delivery of my PR card.
Thanks a lot for your reply, rsl canada! Did you get your pR cards or still waiting?

rslcanada

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd) Ecas In Process 28-09-2010
File Transfer...
16-04-2010
Med's Request
04-10-2010 received in mail
Med's Done....
09-10(Oct)-2010 @ CT,USA
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 30'11; PP sent June 9/ rcvd by CIC June 14,2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 20 & DM/received PP June 28, 2011
LANDED..........
August 7, 2011 via Winnipeg, MB stayed for 2wks & be back on July 2012
johnyusa said:
Thanks a lot for your reply, rsl canada! Did you get your pR cards or still waiting?
your welcome

still waiting...it will takes 4-6wks.

ryan niazi

Star Member
May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 09,2010
Doc's Request.
14-10-2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
14-10-2010
IELTS Request
3-4-2011
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
Hellow all respectable members,there is a question for you
Additional Documents /updated documents are usually requested by a VO at a stage when a case is IN PROCRSS .
IN my case (a pre june 2010 applicant) I sent my full documents to london vo on NOV15.2010 but after that submission I made a fresh attempt of IELTS and submitted IELTS fresh score to VO on 1st April,2011,will my fresh score be accepted ? my 2nd aor was dated 14th April 2011,
I am asking this question on the basis because VO never asked me to submit this IELTS FRESH score to submit and it was my own choice ,so how will they consider it after the submission of Full documents submission and that too before 2nd AOR,is there and applicant who had submitted his improved score of ielts and vo had considered his submission ,seniors are specially requested o through some light on this issue,
Ryan Niazi

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ryan niazi said:
Hellow all respectable members,there is a question for you
Additional Documents /updated documents are usually requested by a VO at a stage when a case is IN PROCRSS .
IN my case (a pre june 2010 applicant) I sent my full documents to london vo on NOV15.2010 but after that submission I made a fresh attempt of IELTS and submitted IELTS fresh score to VO on 1st April,2011,will my fresh score be accepted ? my 2nd aor was dated 14th April 2011,
I am asking this question on the basis because VO never asked me to submit this IELTS FRESH score to submit and it was my own choice ,so how will they consider it after the submission of Full documents submission and that too before 2nd AOR,is there and applicant who had submitted his improved score of ielts and vo had considered his submission ,seniors are specially requested o through some light on this issue,
Ryan Niazi
Replied to u elsewhere...

SyedAbbas

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 June 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Dear Sir Qorax and all the seniors

I am March 2005 applicant from Pakistan. Any wild guess how long I'll have to wait? I've seen cases up to December 2004 showing some progress but not a single 2005 case being asked for documents update, is this some policy by CHC or what???

Thanks for your response...

sps

Oct 21, 2008
Addition of Dependent Child

Hi Qorax,

We (Myself, wife and daughter) landed in Canada in Nov 2010 and have got out PR cards. We had applied for our PR from the US and were assigned the NY office for processing. Now we have travelled back to India and live in India. We were blessed with a baby girl and would like to apply for her PR card.

1. What is the process to apply?
2. Now that I am in India do I need to apply via the New Delhi Consulate or do I need to apply via US NY office where I originaly applied?

Regards
SPS

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Addition of Dependent Child

sps said:
We (Myself, wife and daughter) landed in Canada in Nov 2010 and have got out PR cards. We had applied for our PR from the US and were assigned the NY office for processing. Now we have travelled back to India and live in India. We were blessed with a baby girl and would like to apply for her PR card.

1. What is the process to apply?
2. Now that I am in India do I need to apply via the New Delhi Consulate or do I need to apply via US NY office where I originaly applied?
To sponsor your baby for PR, you need the forms at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp These forms are sent to Mississauga and Mississauga will then send them to New Delhi.

As a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor a baby. You can try to get a TRV for the baby to come with you to Canada. If refused, try for TRP. If also refused, one of you will have to go to Canada alone and sponsor the baby while the other waits with the baby in India.

globemaster

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
19-03-2011
Med's Request
17-04-2011
Med's Done....
05-05-2011
Passport Req..
25-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2011
LANDED..........
landed on oct. 23, 2011
Hello Qorax,
I would like to ask if we can bring canned goods?
Thanks in advance!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
globemaster said:
Hello Qorax,
I would like to ask if we can bring canned goods?
Thanks in advance!
1. Meat, poultry, seeds, soil, dairy products etc. aren't allowed to be brought-in. U may face confiscation of those packages while entering.
2. It's also not wise to bring canned foods... most of them a easily available here, at very similar prices.

Qorax

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
1. Meat, poultry, seeds, soil, dairy products etc. aren't allowed to be brought-in. U may face confiscation of those packages while entering.
2. It's also not wise to bring canned foods... most of them a easily available here, at very similar prices.

Qorax
As long as they are cooked. I brought mooncakes in and got no problem. Mooncakes are more expensive here than China.