+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

numenor84

Oct 30, 2014
Hi Gents,

I have a small query about entering timeline to Canada.

My application has been approved and we have received the visas for our passports. As my wife is South Korean national, she hasn't been issued a sticker in her passport (with comment on the envelope stating that she doesn't need any visa to enter to Canada), but we got our COPR papers.

My wife's passport is expiring on 20 Oct 2016 and due to completion of my current assignment, our plan to move to Canada is like mid-May or mid-June 2016.

My questions is, should we follow any deadline such "you need to enter to Canada at least 6 months before your passport expiry" for entering to Canada to preventing any possible issue during our immigration process? Or is it okay to enter like 4 months before her passport expiry?

Long story short, as long as our visa is valid, at least how many months before the expiry of passports we should enter to Canada?

Kindly note that deadline for our visas to enter Canada is end of July 2016.

Thanks in advance for your advise

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
Quick question on Form B4 & B4A

Hi All,

I'm traveling to Canada to complete my "Landing" in a couple of weeks time. I'm my POE for Landing is going to be Toronto Airport. I'm a NS-PNP so post Landing I will fly to my Destination - Halifax. My wife is the Primary and she has already done her "Landing" at the CIC Halifax Office. I'm the Secondary and I'm traveling to merely complete the "Landing" formalities. I will be staying in Halifax for 2 weeks and then return to India.

I will be carrying very less items on me (My office Laptop + 15Kg checkin baggage). I'm going to carry some medicines for my wife and few other small cosmetics items for her. I will not be traveling with any jewelry apart from the silver ring which I wear on my finger.

I will never ship any goods through a International Relocations Company from India to Canada in the future. At the max going forward each time we travel from India to Canada my wife might carry some clothes and jewelry in luggage and on herself.

Do I still need to fill out the form B4 & B4A?

Any answers will be appreciated.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Re: Quick question on Form B4 & B4A

sabret00the said:
Hi All,

I'm traveling to Canada to complete my "Landing" in a couple of weeks time. I'm my POE for Landing is going to be Toronto Airport. I'm a NS-PNP so post Landing I will fly to my Destination - Halifax. My wife is the Primary and she has already done her "Landing" at the CIC Halifax Office. I'm the Secondary and I'm traveling to merely complete the "Landing" formalities. I will be staying in Halifax for 2 weeks and then return to India.

I will be carrying very less items on me (My office Laptop + 15Kg checkin baggage). I'm going to carry some medicines for my wife and few other small cosmetics items for her. I will not be traveling with any jewelry apart from the silver ring which I wear on my finger.

I will never ship any goods through a International Relocations Company from India to Canada in the future. At the max going forward each time we travel from India to Canada my wife might carry some clothes and jewelry in luggage and on herself.

Do I still need to fill out the form B4 & B4A?

Any answers will be appreciated.
Hi, if you are completely sure that you will not be bringing any goods into Canada in the future, then you don't need 'Goods to Follow" form. Just print it out and indicate NIL for items and for their value. You will however need to fill "goods accompanying" form for your laptop and any other valuable with you, no matter how little the value. With this, you're okay. All the best.

Shreenath2014

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-04-2014
Passport Req..
June 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 23, 2015
LANDED..........
In March 2016
Hi guys...

I plan to go for short landing in March 2016. And plan to return in June 2016, since somethings here are needed to sort out.

Now that my Sons passport expires in May 2016, what should I do??

Can I get my sons passport renewed here??? His old passport has visa stamp? Will it create any issue???

Please help.

Thanks

Shreenath
__________________________________________________________________________________
Based on the above query I met the VFS guys here and they also said that I have to travel with new Passport of my son. I also raised a CSE to NDVO. Their answer came with in 24 hours, which is as follows.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, India.

Please refer to below email for your information.

If you or a family member have modified personal information after the issuance of a visa, including if you have obtained a new passport, you must request that a new visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) be issued. This includes if you have married or have a newborn child who was not included on your application at visa issuance.

If you do not request to include your spouse or child(ren) on your application BEFORE you land in Canada, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)

Do not attempt to travel on your visa and COPR until the modifications have been made or you may not be permitted entry at the Port of Entry in Canada.

You are required to submit:

- any documentary evidence of the modification;
- the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependants);
- the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for yourself (and dependants);
- an updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information; and
- There is a processing fee associated with this service, please see the CIC website for fees and payment instructions

- Passport size photographs for yourself and each dependant

If you are adding a spouse or newborn child to your application, you will also be required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse and/or child to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse and/or child

- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- If the spouse or child is accompanying you to Canada, processing fee for your spouse and/or other dependant
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse and/or child

- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse and/or child according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information)
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- you must return the passports and visas for persons where visas have been issued in order for us to proceed with processing your added dependants

- two additional recent passport-size photographs for each person with previously issued visas that must be cancelled, according to specifications

- if you applied as a Skilled worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse and/or child

- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse or child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Upon receipt of your request for visa re-issuance and the above mentioned documents and fees, our office will re-issue visas with the modified information. Please note that new visas may be issued for every family member, not just those with modified information, therefore it is important to submit all the passports and COPR’s for everyone included on the application.

Our office generally requires one week to process requests for visa re-issuance. However, if you are adding an additional family member then the processing time will take longer as the added family member will need to be examined and meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Sincerely,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally My question is,

I am getting my sons passport renewed

I will also have to send all (My, my wife and My sons new passport and All COPR ) for re-visa with all photographs.

Then how much fees do I have to pay?? Hope not the RPRF? So what kind of fees is this? Please help

Thanks,

Shreenath

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Shreenath2014 said:
Hi guys...

I plan to go for short landing in March 2016. And plan to return in June 2016, since somethings here are needed to sort out.

Now that my Sons passport expires in May 2016, what should I do??

Can I get my sons passport renewed here??? His old passport has visa stamp? Will it create any issue???

Please help.

Thanks

After landing immidtly apply for ur sons passport but not now
Shreenath
__________________________________________________________________________________
Based on the above query I met the VFS guys here and they also said that I have to travel with new Passport of my son. I also raised a CSE to NDVO. Their answer came with in 24 hours, which is as follows.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, India.

Please refer to below email for your information.

If you or a family member have modified personal information after the issuance of a visa, including if you have obtained a new passport, you must request that a new visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) be issued. This includes if you have married or have a newborn child who was not included on your application at visa issuance.

If you do not request to include your spouse or child(ren) on your application BEFORE you land in Canada, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)

Do not attempt to travel on your visa and COPR until the modifications have been made or you may not be permitted entry at the Port of Entry in Canada.

You are required to submit:

- any documentary evidence of the modification;
- the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependants);
- the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for yourself (and dependants);
- an updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information; and
- There is a processing fee associated with this service, please see the CIC website for fees and payment instructions

- Passport size photographs for yourself and each dependant

If you are adding a spouse or newborn child to your application, you will also be required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse and/or child to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse and/or child

- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- If the spouse or child is accompanying you to Canada, processing fee for your spouse and/or other dependant
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse and/or child

- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse and/or child according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information)
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- you must return the passports and visas for persons where visas have been issued in order for us to proceed with processing your added dependants

- two additional recent passport-size photographs for each person with previously issued visas that must be cancelled, according to specifications

- if you applied as a Skilled worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse and/or child

- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse or child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Upon receipt of your request for visa re-issuance and the above mentioned documents and fees, our office will re-issue visas with the modified information. Please note that new visas may be issued for every family member, not just those with modified information, therefore it is important to submit all the passports and COPR’s for everyone included on the application.

Our office generally requires one week to process requests for visa re-issuance. However, if you are adding an additional family member then the processing time will take longer as the added family member will need to be examined and meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Sincerely,

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally My question is,

I am getting my sons passport renewed

I will also have to send all (My, my wife and My sons new passport and All COPR ) for re-visa with all photographs.

Then how much fees do I have to pay?? Hope not the RPRF? So what kind of fees is this? Please help

Thanks,

Shreenath

numenor84

Oct 30, 2014
numenor84 said:
Hi Gents,

I have a small query about entering timeline to Canada.

My application has been approved and we have received the visas for our passports. As my wife is South Korean national, she hasn't been issued a sticker in her passport (with comment on the envelope stating that she doesn't need any visa to enter to Canada), but we got our COPR papers.

My wife's passport is expiring on 20 Oct 2016 and due to completion of my current assignment, our plan to move to Canada is like mid-May or mid-June 2016.

My questions is, should we follow any deadline such "you need to enter to Canada at least 6 months before your passport expiry" for entering to Canada to preventing any possible issue during our immigration process? Or is it okay to enter like 4 months before her passport expiry?

Long story short, as long as our visa is valid, at least how many months before the expiry of passports we should enter to Canada?

Kindly note that deadline for our visas to enter Canada is end of July 2016.

Thanks in advance for your advise
Dear All,

Do you think should I enter Canada 6 months before passport expiry or is it okay to enter when there is still 4 months till passport expiry? (Visa will be valid by that time)

Thanks in advance.

zohair5932

Dec 1, 2014
Me and my wife will be landing in January, 2016. Do I need to bring all the money i.e. 14000 CAD (Proof of fund) in Cash OR I can bring only some small necessary amount and the rest of money in the form of Bank Statement from my Home Country?

albatros

Jun 11, 2015
zohair5932 said:
Me and my wife will be landing in January, 2016. Do I need to bring all the money i.e. 14000 CAD (Proof of fund) in Cash OR I can bring only some small necessary amount and the rest of money in the form of Bank Statement from my Home Country?
I have exactly the same question, and would need an urgent answer. Hopefully someone has the answer to this. My wife and I are landing in Canada in just a couple of weeks and I was wondering if it is mandatory to bring all that cash in hand (or any other equivalent form, but still in hand), or a minimum to function for a few days plus a certificate from my current bank in my country would be enough. Then I would open a bank account in Canada and wire transfer my money into that account later, and so on, saving by that process some money in by skipping some abusive fees for getting currency exchanged in my country into CAD$.

Thanks a lot.

albatros

Jun 11, 2015
albatros said:
I have exactly the same question, and would need an urgent answer. Hopefully someone has the answer to this. My wife and I are landing in Canada in just a couple of weeks and I was wondering if it is mandatory to bring all that cash in hand (or any other equivalent form, but still in hand), or a minimum to function for a few days plus a certificate from my current bank in my country would be enough. Then I would open a bank account in Canada and wire transfer my money into that account later, and so on, saving by that process some money in by skipping some abusive fees for getting currency exchanged in my country into CAD$.

Thanks a lot.

Anyone can shed any light on this?

The COPR letter says:

"in hand (...) cash, money orders or travellers' cheques."

While the CIC site says (now of course only for "Express Entry"):

"How much money should you bring?
It is a good idea to research how much it costs to live in the place where you plan to settle in Canada.

Bring as much money as you can to make moving and finding a home in Canada easier. Note, however, that Canadian customs regulations require you to declare if you are bringing more than C$10,000 into Canada. If you do not tell them, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

- cash
- documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
- documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

So my question is, more accurately:
-> Does a bank statement showing my available money ready to be transfered count as "cash in hand" for CIC?

This is making me worry a lot because I need to make a decision in a few hours, and getting CAD$ here will make me lose hundreds of dollars in fees. :(

Any thoughts?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albatros said:
This is making me worry a lot because I need to make a decision in a few hours, and getting CAD$ here will make me lose hundreds of dollars in fees. :(

Any thoughts?
You can bring Euros if you want, which might save you some bucks in fees. :D

Rajanat

Jul 12, 2014
***URGENT ***

Seniors...need ur help..

I am planning to travel to canada during Jan 2016 just to complete the landing formalities and I want to return after 2 days. Is it fine to return immediately after 2 days ?

But I also, learnt from this forum that, IM officer will ask, how days you intend to stay,
so should i say 2 days ?

Thanks
Rajanat

anilmohan1981

Sep 4, 2014
I have been issued with the canada visa for myself and my family, the expiry is mentioned as 22-Aug-2016. is there any problem if I stay until June 2016 and i enter Canada only on July 2016 middle ?....seniors pls reply.

mustu521

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
anilmohan1981 said:
I have been issued with the canada visa for myself and my family, the expiry is mentioned as 22-Aug-2016. is there any problem if I stay until June 2016 and i enter Canada only on July 2016 middle ?....seniors pls reply.
Why should there be a problem?. As long as you land before your visa expiry date you shouldn't have a problem.