+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

rtippu

Nov 26, 2009
kkd123 said:
Hello Forum Members,
I'll be returning from Canada after a week from my landing. So while returning I'll have only the COPR Doc and the Indian Passport with me. Plz help me with the following doubts...

1) My Flight itinery is like this ... Onward journey : New Delhi --> London Heathrow --> Toronto
Return journey : Toronto --> London Heathrow --> New Delhi
Do I need a Transit Visa in London even though I won't be going out of the Airport? I am Indian. I checked their website for Transit Visa exempt Rules it says people from the listed countries need Transit Visa. India is in that list. Plz suggest whether at all Transit Visa is required in my case?
I have same question? Please help

Alberto70

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
steaky said:
1) You and your wife must land in Canada before your visa expires
2) You can land first and return to your home country. To maintain your PR status, you have to live in Canada for 730 days within a 5 year period. Don't need to be continuous.
3) You can bring your personal belongings after landing as long as you have the intention to settle in Canada for at least one year
4) You can wire money to a Canadian account after landing.
5) Taxes are based on Residency. See Cra website for details.
6) Depending how you encountered during landing, PR card might not be issued to you. If you don't want your wife to forward it to you, you can instruct them to send it to a friend and have the friend to mail it to you overseas.
Thank you very much for your response :)
Just another info about your 3rd response.

When I will bring my personal stuff (the time after landing) what I have to declare to the boarder about my personal stuff?

During the landing I count to bring some gifts (puppets, candy, jam, ecc) and also my personal clothes etc... I have to compile the forms Goods Accompanying List and Goods to Follow List???

Will these forms be filled the second time that I will entry in Canada definitively?

Thank you very much :)
Regards.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alberto70 said:
Thank you very much for your response :)
Just another info about your 3rd response.

When I will bring my personal stuff (the time after landing) what I have to declare to the boarder about my personal stuff?

During the landing I count to bring some gifts (puppets, candy, jam, ecc) and also my personal clothes etc... I have to compile the forms Goods Accompanying List and Goods to Follow List???

Will these forms be filled the second time that I will entry in Canada definitively?

Thank you very much :)
Regards.
Yes, when you are ready to settle Canada, prepare a "Goods Accompanying list" and "Goods to Follow List" if you would be hiring a moving company to transport goods from one country to Canada.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Leon said:
They will use the photo you sent with your application.

You can give your friends address for the PR card but if the immigration officer asks you if you will be staying there when the card comes in the mail and if you say no, they may decide to refuse the address and wait until you can give them an address of your own. If this happens, just wait 2 days after landing, then call CIC and say that when you landed, you did not have an address and then give your friends address again ;)

Good luck.
Hi, wondering if you could advise me on the following:

a> I am the principal for the PR application, and if my dependants are not able to travel together with me for my first landing, is there any problem.. and do they (dependants) need to do the first landing...as they might to serve their National Service (2 years).

b> how long will they need process the PR card...and if not able to stay their to receive the card..would it be consider as first landing..

Thanks....by the way..I am a Singaporean..waiting for the passport request..

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
sansan said:
Hi, wondering if you could advise me on the following:

a> I am the principal for the PR application, and if my dependants are not able to travel together with me for my first landing, is there any problem.. and do they (dependants) need to do the first landing...as they might to serve their National Service (2 years).

b> how long will they need process the PR card...and if not able to stay their to receive the card..would it be consider as first landing..

Thanks....by the way..I am a Singaporean..waiting for the passport request..

a>PA should land first and dependent can do the landing along with PA or after PA but not prior to PA's landing but they (dependents) have to land before the travel document expires.

b> On the CIC website it says 35 calander days but ppl mostly get it in 40-45 days. PR card will be delivered (by mail) to the address provided at the time of landing.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
obaid.Samee said:
a>PA should land first and dependent can do the landing along with PA or after PA but not prior to PA's landing but they (dependents) have to land before the travel document expires.

b> On the CIC website it says 35 calander days but ppl mostly get it in 40-45 days. PR card will be delivered (by mail) to the address provided at the time of landing.
Just a note, i landed last month and i got me and my family got our PR cards (4 cards) exactly on the 35th day after landing. Other persons on the forum who landed in Jan or feb also received their PR cards exactly in 35 days. CIC has speeded the processing for 1st time PR cards and its very unlikely that you get it later than 35 days.

chefsam

Star Member
May 2, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
4/3/2013
Med's Done....
16/3/2013
Passport Req..
4/3/2013
hi seniors

i have send my Medical, pp and other documents to ndvo in March 2013.

i am tourism instructor. actually i am bit confused about my decission because i don't have any relative or friend in canada.

Alberto70

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Hi again :)

thank you for the responses at my questions.
I have finally received my COPR :), and because I'm a little bit paranoid :), I searched on google what happen If I loose the COPR!
OMG I read that it would a disaster...confirm? It must apply for the a Verification of Status and wait for 6 months....I think that it is a little bit incredible...is it?

The COPR will be used also when you apply for the citizenship!!
And also it would a disaster if the PR card is stolen/lost!

But after landing I have to put the copy of my COPR in some safe deposit bank box????

Thank you :)
Bye

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Alberto70 said:
Hi again :)

thank you for the responses at my questions.
I have finally received my COPR :), and because I'm a little bit paranoid :), I searched on google what happen If I loose the COPR!
OMG I read that it would a disaster...confirm? It must apply for the a Verification of Status and wait for 6 months....I think that it is a little bit incredible...is it?

The COPR will be used also when you apply for the citizenship!!
And also it would a disaster if the PR card is stolen/lost!

But after landing I have to put the copy of my COPR in some safe deposit bank box????

Bye
Bro, I would suggest You just have to be responsible with the docs, unless God has other plans for you. :D

tocanadame

May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2010
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
13/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/01/2013
LANDED..........
Not yet
Dear all , i have question regarding the PR and need an answer please

When cic sends the pr after landing , will it be on different mail for each family member ?, and my main concern will the envelope has main applicant name for all of them ? or depend on the pr card that is being sent the name on the envelop will be ?

Thanks

Alberto70

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
obaid.Samee said:
Bro, I would suggest You just have to be responsible with the docs, unless God has other plans for you. :D
aHAHHAHAA you right!!!
But you know...after 24 months to obtain the PR I'm little bit scarred about bureaucracy and processing time :)..I'd like to avoid any other applications until the citizenship :)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
tocanadame said:
Dear all , i have question regarding the PR and need an answer please

When cic sends the pr after landing , will it be on different mail for each family member ?, and my main concern will the envelope has main applicant name for all of them ? or depend on the pr card that is being sent the name on the envelop will be ?

Thanks
CIC will mail Each PR card in a seperate envelope, each envelope will have the name of the PR card holder (not the main applicant), the main applicant will have his name on his envelope only).

tocanadame

May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2010
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
13/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/01/2013
LANDED..........
Not yet
Dear Emamabd,

Thank you for your response

Best Regards

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hi,
We are landing on 6th April so in a process of completing B4 forms.we have GAL n GTF lists that we have already filled using the B4 form but separately.

Now I have got this B4A form through a link on this forum n that has created such a confusion.

We have filled B4 form for GTF list n attached with it separate excel sheets for the details of goods listed.

At the bottom of the table where goods are mentioned ,there is a space asking for additional list of goods with options of B4A form,moving inventory,other......what should we do with these options both in GTF n GAL ?

Is this B4A form for GAL or is that to be used for the purpose of what we have made separate excel sheets?
Like in GTF list we have mentioned the list of electronics,clothings,kitchenware,jewellery n for the details of each group we have made excel sheets e.g;one for electronics,one for jewellery.
So instead of making excel sheets,we should use B4A forms for each group?or B4A form for GAL?

I know n I really feel sorry that though this topic has been discussed so many times on this forum n thanks to qorax n other senior members who have put so much efforts to guide others but after completing this whole stuff ,I still have these confusions.....filling of this additional goods column n Use of B4A form.

Please if anyone can give some hint n help me in getting rid of these confusions....

Thanks.

Regards.