+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

mail2bista

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sept'014
AOR Received.
16 Nov'014 (new delhi)
File Transfer...
3 Nov'014
Med's Done....
15 Aug'014
Passport Req..
30 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Leon said:
You can NOT marry before you land without adding your wife. This is very important.

If you marry before you land, your visa issued for single becomes invalid and you should return it to the visa office and ask to add your wife to your application and get PR visas for you both. If you land on this visa without disclosing that you are married, you are committing misrepresentation. When you try to sponsor your wife later, immigration will see that you married before you landed and they will bar you from ever sponsoring your wife and they could even revoke your own PR.

However, you could land and then return home and get married. There are no rules against that. Only the visa office might want to make sure that you did not live with your wife in a common law partnership before getting married because if that was the case, you would have had to add her to your application as well. If you didn't, that's fine.

In order to sponsor your wife, you will have to return to Canada after the wedding because a PR sponsor must reside in Canada. There is no specific income requirement to sponsor a spouse but you might want to have a job before you apply so you can say that at least you have some income. Depending on where your wife is living, the sponsorship can take anywhere from a few months up to a couple of years. You must continue to reside in Canada during this time. You can visit your wife for a short time but if immigration finds that you have moved back to your country, they will cancel your application.
Thx Leon for your prompt response. I want one more favour from you. In your opinion, which one is better for me. Go my home and get married and notify VO or first land to canada as a single then go back to home country and get married then returning to canada start spouse sponsorship application....Also, I have applied from london VO and can I transfer my file to NDVO (as it is the nearest from my home) to process for future wife?

thnx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mail2bista said:
Thx Leon for your prompt response. I want one more favour from you. In your opinion, which one is better for me. Go my home and get married and notify VO or first land to canada as a single then go back to home country and get married then returning to canada start spouse sponsorship application....Also, I have applied from london VO and can I transfer my file to NDVO (as it is the nearest from my home) to process for future wife?

thnx
In my opinion, because your visa was already issued and if you marry now and want to add your wife, they could possibly say, sorry but your visa was already issued, application closed, please apply again from scratch, you should land first, then marry and then go back to Canada and sponsor your wife. If she is in India, you will sponsor her through New Delhi and you are lucky that they tend to be fast and she will probably have her visa in 6 months.

samoo

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
issued
Can you please let me know which is the best flight through UAE and what is the appropriate date to reserve flight

Thanks

sidhardh

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
London
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
18/01/2018
HELLO QORAX,,,I APPPRECIATE URHELP...M DENTIST FRM INDIA,,,SO AFTER LANDING AS A IMMIGRANT,,,WAT ABT DAILY INCOME OR JOBS??THANK U..

PLS SKYPE ME-DRSIDHARDH

SMILESDENTZ@LIVE.COM

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
mail2bista said:

thnx
Hey. i was same situation, i am the added wife :). anyway my husband got his copr (single) and we got married before he lands. now i was added and we are waiting for the last steps (ppr request). itll take also between 6 to a year since they will scrutinize the wedding as well as it depends on the VO processing (ours was warsaw)

in my opinion both are accepted it just depends if you want to be with your other half or you can take a chance of having distance relationship for a year or more (if you sponsor her).

sherine1972

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2011
Doc's Request.
With the application
AOR Received.
PER received: 19-01-2012
IELTS Request
With the documents
File Transfer...
Ottawa-pilot
Med's Request
4-5-2012
Med's Done....
19-5-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15 jan 2013
LANDED..........
Soon inshallah
Dear qorax,
I have a very important question , my Canadian address in the application was Halifax Nova Scotia and I changed my mind and i will be landing in Calgary Alberta ,
To change my address should I do thru the embassy in Cairo or only thru the online website?
Ur answer is so important as ill be landing in a month from now and on the website they said I should change it within 3 weeks before traveling

Thanks a lot

kkd123

Jun 26, 2012
Leon said:
1) You have already answered yourself.

2) Doesn't matter.

3) There is a 3 month wait for OHIP and you are only eligible if you stay in ON at least 5 out of the first 6 months after you establish residency and after that 6 months in every 12. If you are leaving right away, you are therefore not eligible.
Thanks for the valuable information Leon.
I again read the UKBA site for the Transit Visa requirement. I am just putting it here for reference...

"
ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions
If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

you must arrive and depart by air; and
your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.
Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; "

So does this imply that I DO NOT require a Transit Visa as part of that DATV exemption?
Can You, Qorax or anyone who has faced such situation earlier will be able to help out here?

shibu

May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,

I plan to land in 1st week of April. At later stage I intend to carry an amount of approx. $250000 which will be through sale of property. What will be the procedure?

Please Advise

Thanks

vkkpnm

Mar 16, 2013
qorax said:
1. Yes, your friend can courier it to u abroad. But remember, the risks involved [lost in transit].
2. SIN No. u get on the spot, the card takes 10-15 days. U don't need the card for anything.
3. All offices r closed in weekend. Mon-Fri working.
Hi,

Are we sure if we provide friend address for PR, do they actually deliver at his home? My friend immigrated there in 2010 and he told me that they don't deliver at home address but local immigration office and you have to personally collect it from office.

I am not questioning anyone but just want to have facts cleared.

Thanks,
Vkkpnm

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vkkpnm said:
Hi,

Are we sure if we provide friend address for PR, do they actually deliver at his home? My friend immigrated there in 2010 and he told me that they don't deliver at home address but local immigration office and you have to personally collect it from office.

I am not questioning anyone but just want to have facts cleared.
Your first PR card is always mailed. The reason your friend may have had to pick his up at the office could be that there was a problem with the pictures or possibly he did not get the PR card on his first entry and had to apply for another when he came back to stay. If you don't get a PR card for some reason in the first 6 months after you land, you can apply for one but it is treated like a renewal and they had to be picked up in the office until recently that they started to get mailed out as well, at least most of them are.

The only problem giving a friends address is that the immigration officer could ask you if you will be staying there when the PR card arrives in the mail. If you say no, they may refuse the address based on that they don't want your card to get lost and that you should just have it processed when you have a permanent address. However, if this happens to you when you land, you can try calling CIC a couple of days after you land and try to give the same address again. It has worked for some.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibu said:
Dear Qorax,

I plan to land in 1st week of April. At later stage I intend to carry an amount of approx. $250000 which will be through sale of property. What will be the procedure?

Please Advise

Thanks
You can wire that money to your Canadian account. I am doing that quite often.

LKetchup

Oct 16, 2012
Dear quorax

Once my pr is expired is it possible to go and visit my family whose PR is still valid on a visit visa ?
Can my wife sponsor me ?
Thks in advance
Rgds

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LKetchup said:
Dear quorax

Once my pr is expired is it possible to go and visit my family whose PR is still valid on a visit visa ?
Can my wife sponsor me ?
Thks in advance
Rgds
You need to relinquish your PR status before you can apply visit visa or your wife sponsor you for a new PR!

Alberto70

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Hello qorax,
thank you very much for your useful and up-dated information.

I'd like to ask you an advise.
My Visa (under spouse class) is ready (it expires in Jan 2014) and, many months ago, I booked a fly to visit my wife in April.

The problem is that at the moment I can't relocate in Canada (maybe it will happen in December 2013) and I'd to know if you raccomand to landing now or wait.
Somebody in this forum suggested me to no wait and landing ASAP.

These are in my opinion the CONTRO to land now:
- In base how you wrote, the second time (after the landind) that i will entry in Canada I can't bring my personal stuff.
- Many months will have passed without my presence in Canada (PR expires if I will not stay in Canada for at least 2 year of the last 5)
- PR Card (when it will be ready) must be shipped from my wife to me
- Other?

PRO:
- Landing and forget the application process :)

What do you think?

And also:
How and when it is better to transfer money from my account bank to a canadian account bank without any type of taxes?
Is it possible to do after the landing? What do you reccomend?

Best regards :)
Alberto

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alberto70 said:
Hello qorax,
thank you very much for your useful and up-dated information.

I'd like to ask you an advise.
My Visa (under spouse class) is ready (it expires in Jan 2014) and, many months ago, I booked a fly to visit my wife in April.

The problem is that at the moment I can't relocate in Canada (maybe it will happen in December 2013) and I'd to know if you raccomand to landing now or wait.
Somebody in this forum suggested me to no wait and landing ASAP.

These are in my opinion the CONTRO to land now:
- In base how you wrote, the second time (after the landind) that i will entry in Canada I can't bring my personal stuff.
- Many months will have passed without my presence in Canada (PR expires if I will not stay in Canada for at least 2 year of the last 5)
- PR Card (when it will be ready) must be shipped from my wife to me
- Other?

PRO:
- Landing and forget the application process :)

What do you think?

And also:
How and when it is better to transfer money from my account bank to a canadian account bank without any type of taxes?
Is it possible to do after the landing? What do you reccomend?

Best regards :)
Alberto
1) You and your wife must land in Canada before your visa expires
2) You can land first and return to your home country. To maintain your PR status, you have to live in Canada for 730 days within a 5 year period. Don't need to be continuous.
3) You can bring your personal belongings after landing as long as you have the intention to settle in Canada for at least one year
4) You can wire money to a Canadian account after landing.
5) Taxes are based on Residency. See Cra website for details.
6) Depending how you encountered during landing, PR card might not be issued to you. If you don't want your wife to forward it to you, you can instruct them to send it to a friend and have the friend to mail it to you overseas.