+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sherine1972 said:
Dear qorax,

Ill be landing in a week and i changed the address in my e-cas to my cousin 's as i have to go back to my home country to finalize somethings and my cousin will receive the pr cards and mail it for me

What should i tell the immigration officer about this address
I dont wanna lie,
Should i tell him its my cousin's house or what,
Please advice

Thanks
You don't have to tell him it is your cousins house unless they ask. If they ask you can tell them.

If they ask if you will be there when the PR card comes in the mail and if you say no to that question, they could decide to put your PR card on hold until you are back in Canada for good.

If that happens, you have two options. You can either phone CIC and tell them when you landed, you did not have an address and now you do and then give your cousins address again or you can skip the PR card for now and when you are ready to come back, apply for a PR travel document.

sherine1972

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2011
Doc's Request.
With the application
AOR Received.
PER received: 19-01-2012
IELTS Request
With the documents
File Transfer...
Ottawa-pilot
Med's Request
4-5-2012
Med's Done....
19-5-2012
Passport Req..
19-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15 jan 2013
LANDED..........
Soon inshallah
Leon said:
You don't have to tell him it is your cousins house unless they ask. If they ask you can tell them.

If they ask if you will be there when the PR card comes in the mail and if you say no to that question, they could decide to put your PR card on hold until you are back in Canada for good.

If that happens, you have two options. You can either phone CIC and tell them when you landed, you did not have an address and now you do and then give your cousins address again or you can skip the PR card for now and when you are ready to come back, apply for a PR travel document.
Thanks a lot for your help

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
If few days after ,we want to leave from Canada like e.g:going back where we currently have job,Is there anything to do here in Canada?means any paper to to write or sign?while leaving from Canada,does anyone ask anything at airport....regarding short trip for landing n going back?

please anyone who has the same experience n can guide.

Thanks.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
prism said:
If few days after ,we want to leave from Canada like e.g:going back where we currently have job,Is there anything to do here in Canada?means any paper to to write or sign?while leaving from Canada,does anyone ask anything at airport....regarding short trip for landing n going back?

please anyone who has the same experience n can guide.

Thanks.
nobody will ask you anything in the airport when you are leaving...in fact you will not meet any immigration officer, only the airline check-in staff and thats it.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Actually I had to pass immigration officer when I was leaving Canada last time, because I was flying via US.

emamabd said:
nobody will ask you anything in the airport when you are leaving...in fact you will not meet any immigration officer, only the airline check-in staff and thats it.

kkd123

Jun 26, 2012
Hi Qorax and other senior members,
Can a Canadian Bank Account eStatement be shown as proof of Fund?

I have a account in ICICI Canada having the required amount. I can get a e-Statement of that account through email.
Can I show this e-statement as Proof Of Fund or only hard copy of statement, DD, MO etc.. will be considered as Proof of Fund.

Plz advise.

van100

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex-Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
March 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
pooja82 said:
Hi Qorax

We are flying to Toronto on 10th May

My Itenray is Doha - Heathrow London - Toronto & return trip is Toronto - Heathrow London - Doha

First, Do we need transit Visa forLondon. We will be there for 5-6 hrs only and NOT COMING out of Airport. My agent says NO. Someone on the Forum said, it is required?

Second, My Husband will fly back in two weeks & I'll stay there for a month or so TO RECEIVE THE PR Cards. Approx How much time will that take?

Third, How do we take the funds (for 3). What percentage.

Fourth & Last, Is there a problem if we tell / don't tell the Immigration custom whether Husband is flying back in 2 weeks time. What if they ask?

rgds

P
It depends on your nationality.
Please check if you need UK visa for transit(connecting flight)

Go to
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Then choose Do I need a Visa?
As a result I changed my flight to Turkish Airline via Istanbul as transit airport because there is no transit visa there.
Wish you all check UK visa as many airports will not allow you to pass if you don't have UK transit-visa.

fahad_siddique

Nov 19, 2012
Dear Seniors

I am planning to land in mid May 2013 in Toronto. I will be staying for 2 months or max 3 months. Then fly back to home country with the family. I want to continue my previous job in my country as the salary is good till the time I can get my credential evaluation by Canadian Agencies. So in this time period what doucments I can get and what not?

I am worried about Health Card of Ontario as it says as follows :

Eligibility
Ontario residents are eligible for provincially funded health coverage (OHIP). Generally, to be eligible for Ontario health coverage you must :

be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or among one of the newcomer to Canada groups who are eligible for OHIP as set out in Ontario’s Health Insurance Act ; and
be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province; and
make your primary place of residence in Ontario.
OHIP coverage normally becomes effective three months after the date you establish residency in Ontario. The ministry strongly encourages new and returning residents to purchase private health insurance in case you become ill during the OHIP waiting period.

I have taken it from Ontario health minitsry website.

It means, if I dnt stay for that period of time since my residency, i cant get my health Card. As u see the clause " must be present 153 days of 183 days"

obviously I cant b there for such long time. So I cant get health card. If not at this time,if I return after 1 year, Can I get any health card or no?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because you are not staying this time, you are not eligible to apply for a health card right away. When you come back to settle at a time you plan to stay in Ontario for 153 out of the first 183 days, you will be able to apply.

dumdumhogayamein

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga - Sponsorship / IRCC Delhi - Spousal Immigration
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-08-2016; AOR 2: 31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-10-2016
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
01-06-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
Folks,

For landing in Canada, do i need to cross the US check post or can i just make a U-Turn before the check post and enter the Canadian Post to get my landing.

Any help is appreciated OR please lemme know if this is the correct forum to post this on.

Regards

fahad_siddique

Nov 19, 2012
Leon said:
Because you are not staying this time, you are not eligible to apply for a health card right away. When you come back to settle at a time you plan to stay in Ontario for 153 out of the first 183 days, you will be able to apply.
Thanks Leon Bro

Ind2ca

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
4131/3111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan, 2010
IELTS Request
8.0 bands
Med's Request
June, 2012
Med's Done....
July, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April, 2013
LANDED..........
June, 2013
Hi Qorax / Leon / Senior Members of this forum,

Kindly help me with my query.

I am supposed to land in Toronto in June, 2013. Regarding 'Goods that I carry' and 'Goods that follow', is there any restriction that the 'Goods that follow' have to reach Canada within a specified time frame after my initial landing. Further, can I get the 'Goods to follow' items in 2-3 trips or do I have to get everything in 1 go and things that I bring later than that one time, would attract custom duty (even though they were mentioned in the initial 'Goods to follow' list).
I would be highly grateful, if some senior person comments.
Thanks.

- Ind2ca

dina07

Star Member
May 1, 2013
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-2010
IELTS Request
6.5 BANDS
Med's Request
22/02/2013
Med's Done....
01/03/2013
Interview........
WAIVED BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Passport Req..
22/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
23/04/2013
LANDED..........
may be in Aug-Sep-2013
Hello I am new in this foram

BY THE GRACE OF MATAJI, GOD, VACHARDA DADA, ALLAH, MY NANIMA, MY MUMMY, PITRUDEV, YAMUNAJI, KULDEVI I GOT CANADA PR.

Is it necessary to land to the place which we have mention in Generic Form?

What to do when visa Oficer ask address for PR in canada Airport as there is no relative or friend in canada? I mean to say which address to give?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dina07 said:
Hello I am new in this foram

BY THE GRACE OF MATAJI, GOD, VACHARDA DADA, ALLAH, MY NANIMA, MY MUMMY, PITRUDEV, YAMUNAJI, KULDEVI I GOT CANADA PR.

Is it necessary to land to the place which we have mention in Generic Form?

No but if you applied under FSW, don't land in Quebec unless you have a transit flight taking you out of there again. Reason: Quebec has their own immigration program.

What to do when visa Oficer ask address for PR in canada Airport as there is no relative or friend in canada? I mean to say which address to give?

Tell them you don't have an address yet and ask them how to notify them of address later. They will probably tell you to call the call centre.

zeecee

Oct 16, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
AOR Received.
PER 11-JAN-2012
IELTS Request
8 band
File Transfer...
22 June 2012
Med's Request
30 August 2012
Med's Done....
21 October (3rd line)
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 18.03.2013 DM on 11.4.2013 waiting for PPR2
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Ind2ca said:
Hi Qorax / Leon / Senior Members of this forum,

Kindly help me with my query.

I am supposed to land in Toronto in June, 2013. Regarding 'Goods that I carry' and 'Goods that follow', is there any restriction that the 'Goods that follow' have to reach Canada within a specified time frame after my initial landing. Further, can I get the 'Goods to follow' items in 2-3 trips or do I have to get everything in 1 go and things that I bring later than that one time, would attract custom duty (even though they were mentioned in the initial 'Goods to follow' list).
I would be highly grateful, if some senior person comments.
Thanks.

- Ind2ca
Hi ind2ca,

You can write as many things as you want. There is practically no time frame for them to be carried in and lastly you can take them in as many trips as you want.

Rgds
Zee