+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in a different Port of Entry than what is stated on COPR?

CANPR12

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Folks,

I recently got my COPR and I am super excited. I however was wondering if Landing in a different port of entry than what is stated on the COPR is a problem?

My situation - FSWO - My COPR says that the port of entry is Toronto but I'd like to land in Vancouver for my initial entry and apply for SIN and Services in Vancouver. Is it a problem to land in a different port of entry than what is already given on the COPR? Has any one done it before (landing in a different Port of entry) ? Kindly share your comments and any previous first hand experience.

Pontingmartin

Jul 14, 2017
Hi Folks,

I recently got my COPR and I am super excited. I however was wondering if Landing in a different port of entry than what is stated on the COPR is a problem?

My situation - FSWO - My COPR says that the port of entry is Toronto but I'd like to land in Vancouver for my initial entry and apply for SIN and Services in Vancouver. Is it a problem to land in a different port of entry than what is already given on the COPR? Has any one done it before (landing in a different Port of entry) ? Kindly share your comments and any previous first hand experience.
According to CIC website here is a reply , but they have mentioned live but confusion is about landing.

I am a new permanent resident in Canada. Can I live somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence?
Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.

However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province.

Reactions: permafrost_can

arjitkd84

Mar 19, 2018
Hi Folks,

Hii, did u land in Vancouver? Did u face any difficulty? Plz share , I am planning the same thing

Reactions: Vishalljoshii

RCJ

May 4, 2018
I am Saskatchewan PNP. I will be landing in Calgary, stay with my cousin for two weeks and then go to Saskatchewan. I will be pretty booking my onward Greyhound tickets and temporary accommodation in Regina.

Do you think this will be allowed as per CBSA with respect to intent to reside.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

I am Saskatchewan PNP. I will be landing in Calgary, stay with my cousin for two weeks and then go to Saskatchewan. I will be pretty booking my onward Greyhound tickets and temporary accommodation in Regina.

1. There is a very little chance that they will care.

Vishalljoshii

May 5, 2018
Hi ! I have the same exact situation. But you went back in the past. Could you please tell me your experience with this. It would be of great help :)

Vishalljoshii

May 5, 2018
Hi Folks,

Hi ! I have the same exact situation. But you went back in the past. Could you please tell me your experience with this. It would be of great help :)

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
@RCJ
@RCJ Did you do this? If yes, Can you please share your experience?

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Why no one shares their experiences after they received suggestions/help in their question ? Did anyone who planned to land in the location different from is stated in CORP , landed ? Any issues ?