12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
One of my friends contacted me with some job information:

SuperStore in Shawnessy is hiring: http://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/LCLOnline/home.jsp (This is just SuperStore's website.)

This is the job search I did for all of Calgary:

https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/ASP/TG/cim_searchresults.asp?ref=4292013185654&SID=^kSKNW4kizL/0qVgI2KDyohqupGeTf1urH0Xf/A7N2mB3CskMgjPOl2geiOiL4jIe

Scholar's is also hiring: http://www.scholarschoice.ca/ (Great if you are a teacher or librarian especially)

I didn't see a link on their website for job searches (I have studied all day, so my eyes are cranky). You may have to go physically go to the location.

Both of these are in the Deep South, meaning past Anderson Rd. If you live in the NE or NW, definitely consider commute time because it will be well over 1 hour.

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
Hello guys & gals,

I am closer to do my landing in the city of Calgary, it is about time one of my dream would come true. However, it's been a little hard to plan everything being outside Canada and knowing no more than your experiences and tips which i really appreciate.
Said that, I am asking for a favor from you, if you are able to help me in any way, I've could not get a short stay accommodation so far to rent for a few days in Calgary upon my arrival and as you know all the newcomers need to give an address in order to apply for the SIN, Health system and even more important the landing form. I know it is a sensitive information but I am moving in by myself and I do not know anybody in Calgary, reason why I am asking here.

Thanks in advance

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
betterfuture said:
Hello guys & gals,

I am closer to do my landing in the city of Calgary, it is about time one of my dream would come true. However, it's been a little hard to plan everything being outside Canada and knowing no more than your experiences and tips which i really appreciate.
Said that, I am asking for a favor from you, if you are able to help me in any way, I've could not get a short stay accommodation so far to rent for a few days in Calgary upon my arrival and as you know all the newcomers need to give an address in order to apply for the SIN, Health system and even more important the landing form. I know it is a sensitive information but I am moving in by myself and I do not know anybody in Calgary, reason why I am asking here.

Thanks in advance

I need similar help plz

Neer123

May 8, 2013
Hi Aquib & Senior members,

I can see that a group of senior members are quite active on this forum and have been extending great advices and help to newcomers. I would also like to avail this chance to get advice on a particular matter.

My brother had landed in calgary in August 2012 and he and his wife have settled down with both of them working. Now they have applied for "Credit Line" in Nova Scotia bank as they have the salary accounts as well as credit card accounts in this bank. Bot there "Credit line has been disapproved" by the bank. We all are really surprised as to why such a thing has happened.

Can anybody post your opinion on the matter and make any suggestions to get out of this situation, as everybody knows that credit line is a must for going ahead with any purchasings - car, house, etc.

An early suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
@ Ramzy, I saw that you are planning to apply for APEGA. Have you already applied or still waiting to apply?

ramzy2277 said:
hi there,

i am instrumentation engineer myself,also have exp in oil and gas.....but first did u start assessing ur credials...check the website for APEGA.....as for service centers try theses:

http://www.directionsforimmigrants.ca/

http://www.engineerscanada.ca

http://www.apega.ca/

http://www.mycareerconnection.ca

www.skillsinternational.ca

hope those can help for starters

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
Nandini09 said:
@ amikety .. You are really doing a great job :D :D :D :D :D
i SECOND

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Thanks guys!

It looks like a hot summer for Calgary. I already have tan lines! :D

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Nandini09 said:
@ Ramzy, I saw that you are planning to apply for APEGA. Have you already applied or still waiting to apply?
Hi

I just registered online with APEGA, still my application is not complete.

how about u? do u have experience with APEGA?

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
@ Ramzy, I applied last November. Waiting for the boards decision still. They have updated that they will be taking the decision this month..So waiting for the decision.

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
an74 said:
:) :) Though i am planning to cum to canada as an International student i came accross this thread yesterday. You and Aquib have done a great job.I felt this is one of the most active threads in this forum ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Nandini09 said:
@ Ramzy, I applied last November. Waiting for the boards decision still. They have updated that they will be taking the decision this month..So waiting for the decision.
Hi Nandini,

can you please tell me about ur educational and experience background we might have similarities and exchange experiences with APEGA.

as for me I studied bachelor of Science in Electronics engineering from Ajman university in UAE and have total 9 years of working experience...how about u?....so u saying since November u didnt hear anything from them at all??....by the way did u apply for professional membership or foreign member....I applied as foreign although i will be landing in Toronto in few days ,insha ALLAH,.

did u try other provinces?....i will try to apply to PEO ( professional engineers ontario)....as well ,they will reply in 3 months period.

regards

Nandini09

Dec 4, 2012
@ Ramzy

I am not as experienced as you are.I have done Electronics and Communication Engineering from India.I have a work experience of only 2 years.I also applied a Foreign member.At present i have got admission in NAIT for Instrumentation Engineering Technology course. With God's grace i will be landing in August in Canada if i get my Visa.They have updated all the details in APEGA website. They will not send you an e-mail or call you over the phone. To get the updates you need to check the website.All my formalities have been completed and i am waiting for the board to take the decision.Which will be out by this month(as the website says so)

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
Nandini09 said:
@ Ramzy

I am not as experienced as you are.I have done Electronics and Communication Engineering from India.I have a work experience of only 2 years.I also applied a Foreign member.At present i have got admission in NAIT for Instrumentation Engineering Technology course. With God's grace i will be landing in August in Canada if i get my Visa.They have updated all the details in APEGA website. They will not send you an e-mail or call you over the phone. To get the updates you need to check the website.All my formalities have been completed and i am waiting for the board to take the decision.Which will be out by this month(as the website says so)
Nandini,

U seem very well planned person, i wish if i done the same steps u made prior i recieve my visa but thanks GOD for getting me this chance, i really wanted to do some courses and i was contacting some colleges and institution but most of them required to be a landed immigrant other wise they well treat my application as an intwrnational student and accordingly the fees will be higher so i will wait till i reach canada and then imsha ALLAH will apply,

But tell me, why u choosed nait,and why choose instrumentation as well......is this field highly required in alberta....and did u contact apega and informed them about this step,because they might not rcognise nait or some courses their....