Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
respectall said:
Thanks for your reply.

Can you guide me regarding the personal assets declaration Vs Canadian benefits?

Is it true that if we don't disclose the amount of our bank statement, jewelries, other wealth in the form (things to borrow latter) then whenever we bring them Canada, it'll be charged by tax rules.

On the other hand if we disclose our wealth (bring them first time or in list them in things to borrow) then we'll be unable to get Canadian social benefits/relaxation (student loan, low wages benefits, etc..)

Secondly, if we want to sponsor parents again we need to have strong wealth in Canada.

How to balance this ratio?

Your guidance is really helpful.

Thanking you in advance.
First, don't worry about sponsoring your parents right now. Yeah, I know. Not what you want to hear. The truth is, you must get yourself settled first. You have to support your own family before you can worry about sponsoring your parents. Not to mention, even if you get a great job right away, you still have to have 3 years of Tax returns in Canada to be allowed to apply.

Anything you don't disclose is taxed. You must declare everything you're bringing with you or goods to follow. If you conceal things and the IO decides to check your items, you could get into trouble. Keep in mind though, most programs don't give a crap about your net wealth. They only view your net income and sometimes, if you own a house.

For example, I know subsidy for childcare doesn't concern itself with anything but your income, if you're a student, and the other parent's working/income and/or child support if the parents are not together. If you have a lot of jewelry, that isn't considered a liquid asset anyway. Yes, it might be easy to sell to a pawn shop, but that isn't getting your money's worth. Also, the people that process the applications don't care if you have a lot of possessions. They understand situations change. If I own a mansion and fancy car today, but I an laid off tomorrow, I can still collect benefits. Simple as that.

But I will warn you - don't rely heavily on benefits. Government benefits make you dependant on the government - never a good idea, especially if the economy goes bad and they must reduce benefits.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
amikety said:
WOW :eek:

Even live in nannies make more than that!
Nannies really make good money.
But not everyone can work as nanny.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Hi

Anyone looking for cheap basement then let me know.
As we moving to our own house next week so basement what we are renting is Available from first June.
Its 2 bedroom , one hall/ kitchen plus 1 lat bath.
All bills inclusive. With laundry we use to pay just $ 750.
Its not a cleanest place to live you can find but still close to all amanaties.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Hi everyone.

Today came on this forum after weeks , read few replies.
Nice to know lots of forum friends waiting for visa and fially got there PR.

Finally we bought our own house.
Moving this weekend.
If anyone looking for cheap basement then place where we lived is empty next week .

Life is very busy here ( or may be just in job which I in ).

&

Arvind i miss your email address for airport pickup. Sorry i missed your flight number.
I wont able to reach there on time at 5 pm tuesday instead i willbe there before 7 pm (leave from work after 6 so 30 min drive ).

Plz wait and sorry for inconvenience. Just to let you know
May be i wont able to pick my mobile if driving.
All the best .
Welcome to Ca.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:
Hi everyone.

Today came on this forum after weeks , read few replies.
Nice to know lots of forum friends waiting for visa and fially got there PR.

Finally we bought our own house.
Moving this weekend.
If anyone looking for cheap basement then place where we lived is empty next week .

Life is very busy here ( or may be just in job which I in ).

&

Arvind i miss your email address for airport pickup. Sorry i missed your flight number.
I wont able to reach there on time at 5 pm tuesday instead i willbe there before 7 pm (leave from work after 6 so 30 min drive ).

Plz wait and sorry for inconvenience. Just to let you know
May be i wont able to pick my mobile if driving.
All the best .
Welcome to Ca.
Congratulations for new home. Can you please share your home buying experience, mortgage loan, per month installment etc.

Lucky777

May 5, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am from Nepal, and, I am also thinking to migrate at your place Alberta. Please provide me more information.
Thank you

brighta

Jul 24, 2012
Hello Dear Friends
Last week i went to change my driving license and I was told that since i am not for a country with reciprocal agreement with Canada I should take knowledge test first, then submit my driving license and take road test after 2-3 weeks. Is this the usual process. On their website it says owners of driving license from non- reciprocal countries should take road test. I went back to the Registry and asked them to explain for me what is on the website. Without adequate explanation they told me I should take the knowledge test first but this is not mentioned on their website. Anyone with same experience please tell me how you got your DL
Thanks.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Lucky777 said:
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am from Nepal, and, I am also thinking to migrate at your place Alberta. Please provide me more information.
Thank you
You need to tell us what you want to know about Calgary. We can guess, but you might think the replies are odd. ;)

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
brighta said:
Hello Dear Friends
Last week i went to change my driving license and I was told that since i am not for a country with reciprocal agreement with Canada I should take knowledge test first, then submit my driving license and take road test after 2-3 weeks. Is this the usual process. On their website it says owners of driving license from non- reciprocal countries should take road test. I went back to the Registry and asked them to explain for me what is on the website. Without adequate explanation they told me I should take the knowledge test first but this is not mentioned on their website. Anyone with same experience please tell me how you got your DL
Thanks.
I am reading this webpage (for your reference): http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1671.cfm#all_other_JM

It says you have to do the knowledge test and road test. I suppose they make you pass the knowledge test before allowing you to take the road test. That has been standard in the USA for a long time (when I got licensed in 1998). They probably want proof you know what a stop sign is before getting into a car and driving away.... probably a good idea too. Flat lands = crazy drivers.

brighta

Jul 24, 2012
amikety said:
I am reading this webpage (for your reference): http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/1671.cfm#all_other_JM

It says you have to do the knowledge test and road test. I suppose they make you pass the knowledge test before allowing you to take the road test. That has been standard in the USA for a long time (when I got licensed in 1998). They probably want proof you know what a stop sign is before getting into a car and driving away.... probably a good idea too. Flat lands = crazy drivers.
Dear Amikety thanks for the quick response. Now i am going to start reading

kur761

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
PILLOT OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-09-2007
Doc's Request.
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2007
IELTS Request
11-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-03-2010
Med's Request
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011 & CHC London office rvd. on 25-07-2011
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
PPR RVD ON 08-03-2012 PPs. SENT 12/03/12 CHC RVD 13/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Status has been changed to "DM" & Canadian address has also been updated.
LANDED..........
11-06-2012
Dear Amikety and others,

I am planning to settle in Calgary very soon and want to know that I have to show the packing list which I will bring through Cargo when I land @ Calgary airport and secondly will I have to prepare the list of items which I will be having with me in my Laugguage???????????

Thanks you in advance.

U R Rehman

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
kur761 said:
Dear Amikety and others,

I am planning to settle in Calgary very soon and want to know that I have to show the packing list which I will bring through Cargo when I land @ Calgary airport and secondly will I have to prepare the list of items which I will be having with me in my Laugguage???????????

Thanks you in advance.

U R Rehman
Yes and Yes, although it doesn't have to be exact. It can say "clothes" or "bedding." Valuables should be listed individually.

usma

Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
25 Sep 2013 at Edmonton
Aquib said:
Hi

As we moving to our own house next week so basement what we are renting is Available from first June.

Very good option

Jan 12, 2013
Hi everyone, we are landing in YYC end of July 2013. I am from England any suggestion please if what is my best option to send my goods to follow which is may be less than 10 boxes of 30kg each . Anybody who has an idea about the job market in the community and social services field. Bear with me guys if in the next few week or so i will be asking for some guidance.

Thank you very much everyone.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aquib said:
Hi

I am interested and right in Canada. My e.mail is niomoubih@yahoo.co.uk and my phone number is 4034736205. Where is the place located?

I am waiting to hear from you.