9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Aquib said:
Thanks bro
I live near village sq. NE.

Yes i think i try to get sing with one of my indian employee husband who is Ca citizen for 6-7 year. Else it would cost $60-100 for notery.

I called Passport office and they will post me those form for Notery though . Where do u live ?
Once you're a resident, your MP will perform notary services for free. No need to pay for that service. Just find out who the MP for your district is and make an appointment.

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
amikety said:
Once you're a resident, your MP will perform notary services for free. No need to pay for that service. Just find out who the MP for your district is and make an appointment.
Hi,
What do you mean by MP?
Thanks

abhay175

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23RD FEB
AOR Received.
7/3/12, Second Line added : 28/05/2012
Med's Request
09/10/12
Med's Done....
15/10/12, Medical received on 26/10/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/10/12, RPRF encashed on 20/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30/11/12.......Passport and COPR on 04/12/12
grt work dude...
i totally agree with the public welfare fund...
tats the same reason even m shifting there...
hats off u ddude foe such a grt info...

Aquib said:
Thanks mate , we already got Canadian CC from RBC. They guve me and my wife 1000$ limit each .

I have plan to use 150-250 $ only from each of them and pay in full every month to make good credit history gradually.

Other one will be hopefully small auto loan which will help building my credit history.

Here i met couple of people and they explin me too not to deposit or keep much money in bank account and instead use my UK debit card directly for shopping.

Its related to some benefits which family get who earn less then 54000$ in year which we will be definately in first year. But if you have more then 7000 in your bank then you will loose big chunk from that benefits .
I am not talking about welfare funds. But these related to Free medicine (in addition of free Dr), free eye and dental checkup, refund of school fee , half price bus tickets , free mattress and crib for new born baby , and cheaper housing which will increase with increse in your income . Also amount of funding or student loans also depend upon net saving you got , in case i need to do some Diploma for specefic softwares on top of my existing Masters.

I been told that i can get upto 400$ for child but if i say i earn over 100000$ last year in my country then that will go upto 250$.

Btw its just 20 days we here and over 6000$ has been spended (including cargo ) and little bit furniture n electrical , house rent etc.
if i buy car on cash then another 4000. Or even better car on finance then 2000 deposit for 8000 car .

I do suggest that if you dont want to struggle in student level jobs from first week and want to start your life bit normally in Ca then for a couple with 1-2 child , 10000$ can give you easy start.

I assuming one can get 10-12$ job within 2 week max to survive if he dont have much money in hand but 10000 $ in hand will give you 2-3 month comfortabely. Looking for some better job .

I will enquire about Student loan and funding.
New PR can get upto 20000 funding (non refundable ) plus fee if we want to do any top up course over our degree in order to learn about softwares and progs related to our feild. Even if you cant get funding then they can give you upto 25000$ student loan plus fee which only repayable in small installment if you get good job above 50000 .

Currently i have start looking for my profession jobs. And will give a month or two , may do some parttime weekend night shift if required from next month but i will prefer doing some short course instead of working full time in petrol pump or similer places, afterall i will be getting same amout of money from both place (job or study funding) and after course i can get some on demand job and contribute more to Canadian economy by paying more taxes on my bigger earning .

I really like this country , they do support there people like parents support there childern , now i feel why do we say our country as our mother land , only diffrance is that here money for public welfare goes to public whereas in our own country (India and other 3rd world country) all welfare money goes into pocket of corrupt govt officers and politicians. Otherwise India too have govt collage , govt hospitals , unemployment benifits , scholorships , reservation for poor , free train for cancer patent, some scheme for disables.
We do have Ration card system to get cheap or free grain, oil. And even heard of housing project for Slums. But all in papers , money never goes to needy but goes courroupt .
I wish if there was no corrouption in our country then may be we wont be desperate to come and live in country like Canada making them our home and leaving all our love ones behind .

mannjan10

Jan 7, 2013
Hello ,

I am in the same boat.. We are expecting our first child by march end 2013 and will be traveling with my PR when my wife will be 32 week pregnent jan last week.
I am very confused as will it safe to travel and will i have good coverage to have the baby?

Is Alberta the best place to travel to have medicare as private insurance has denied any medical coverage for pregnency. any luck with jobs?
please advise me for the travel at earliest i am very confussed.

Mann.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
mannjan10 said:
Hello ,

I am in the same boat.. We are expecting our first child by march end 2013 and will be traveling with my PR when my wife will be 32 week pregnent jan last week.
I am very confused as will it safe to travel and will i have good coverage to have the baby?

Is Alberta the best place to travel to have medicare as private insurance has denied any medical coverage for pregnency. any luck with jobs?

Mann.
As long as you are moving from an international location, you're covered from day 1 in Alberta. You just need to go register. Most places have someone on duty that does it that day (at least in Calgary) and they can give you your number the same day. You still have to wait for the card.

However, you must remain in Alberta for at least six months or they will backcharge you for any medical expenses.

Minnesota

Jan 29, 2011
Aquib said:
Hi Minnesota ,
Happy new year and congralts.
Brother I used booking.com for hotel booking. Used prepaid mastercard to book. They dont charge your card before you check in normally .
You can check hotel with free airport shuttle.
Super8, western, travellodge etc all offer free pick ip from airport but check it before booking.
I book Queen double bed and that enough for 4 person plus lot of luggage.
Its got 2 Queen size double beds , with free phone, internet wifi, fridge AC ,LED , Iron , Safe and free Tea /Coffee making facility and free morning breakfast on top of free pickup from airport
(Though we wait approx 40 min for there suttle which is 10 seater Van . All they want you to call them after custom clear and luggage collection and they will send there Van to get you. )

Do book hotel with free internet/wi fi as if you got wifi then you can use internet and can get immidiate virtual canadian number with free outgoing on smartphone (app- fongo).

Tell cargo that u will pick up goods , try to give them pickup date 5-6 days after you land.

I paid something around 50$ for Van (mini truck type) for delivery of approx 14-15 boxes /cartoons.
(I just help driver in lifting and keeping as if i need them to do on own then i need to pay another $30 for second men). I will give you number of that guy. But you can get many movers address on kijiji .

Custom process: go to cargo office which is few km away from airport terminal (just at rear side of airport / you will get bus direct to there from i think either Rundle or Malborough station ) , that pick up address you will get by your cargo co.
You need to go and get paper from them , pay them fees. Then need to go to Custom office (back by same bus ) then at custom office they stamp your docs.
Catch bus and go back cargo office and there you can call Van guy. And took your stuff with u.

Cars : Honda and Tyota are good but expensive compare to other cars of same age. Its matter of own choice though.
Only place who finance your car is Dealers (used car 5 year old max) through Scotia Right Start Auto prog (if you got Scotia bank right start bank account for newcomer) .
BUT.....
6000 $ car you get for 9000 at Dealer , plus they charge 500-800$ admin fee , 200-300$ dealer fee plus Intrest , min deposit required 25% for newcomer so I recommend you buy direct from owner (avoid desi car brokers too who purchase car from auction, repair and sell it).

Autotrader and kijiji are best.

Stroller and Car seat you can bring free on top of your luggage allownces so dont waste money in cargo for them (i didnt bring mine and regratt).

I will mgs you my number .

Sorry if I missed anything .

Aquib....Thanks for the information. could you please provide me the location/address of custom office, how far it is from cargo office???? can you also provide me nos. of custom and cargo offices for contact.
for how long cargo keeps goods without any penalty charges?? you mentioned that you called them and requested to keep goods for 5-6 days. did you hire any cargo agent from the origin and final destination for cargo and custom clearance or every thing was done by you. I am using EMIRATES SKY CARGO service from Abu Dhabi and they asked that every thing will be done by you at calgary as they are not providing any agent service there but will take care of every thing here in abu dhabi
Also provide me the contact details nos. of the Van driver for pick up stuff.
reply earliest.
Minnesota

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
amikety said:
Thanks for advice.
I received form that that has got option for 2 referee. Or 1 gurantor or
Notery , commisnor of oath etc. not a option for MP etc. i will call passport office to double check tomorrow .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
mannjan10 said:
Hello ,

Mann.
Congralts.
Please read this thread. I have share all my personal experience ,
May be they are useful to u in getting answer .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
mythestic said:
Yes, you need to pay them by yourself every time you want. That is how I pay my house rent though..

I got my self registered at http://pcfinancial.ca/mastercard/ so there I can check my credit limit/details as well as my available balance on PC Master Card.
I paid my balance 3 days back from TD bank online banking, and checked today, its paid and balance is clear. I suggest you to visit your TD bank and do the needful.
Thanks bro.
As adviced i did same and sorted out with RBC.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
mannjan10 said:
Hello ,

Mann.
Plz check Skch and Manitoba. They too cover pregnancy from day one .
Try to be in place for 6 month as heard by many senior that they "Can" back charge (though here it looks like / i feel here no body even care if you moved out a week after having baby )
I read once in forum that one lady land Qubec and then moved back US after having baby. Then go to qubec again (though this time she moved with stating perm ) when she 8 month pregnant. But Qubec deny to give free medical service for first 90 days on based of her previous action but they didnt backcharged for her previous .

Only story I readed here about BC who back charged one immigrant lady but dont know in detail .

mannjan10

Jan 7, 2013
Aquib said:
Plz check Skch and Manitoba. They too cover pregnancy from day one .
Try to be in place for 6 month as heard by many senior that they "Can" back charge (though here it looks like / i feel here no body even care if you moved out a week after having baby )
I read once in forum that one lady land Qubec and then moved back US after having baby. Then go to qubec again (though this time she moved with stating perm ) when she 8 month pregnant. But Qubec deny to give free medical service for first 90 days on based of her previous action but they didnt backcharged for her previous .

Only story I readed here about BC who back charged one immigrant lady but dont know in detail .
amikety said:
As long as you are moving from an international location, you're covered from day 1 in Alberta. You just need to go register. Most places have someone on duty that does it that day (at least in Calgary) and they can give you your number the same day. You still have to wait for the card.

However, you must remain in Alberta for at least six months or they will backcharge you for any medical expenses.
Thanks for the answers.

I have no clue which city will be best for me and googling helps only to add more confusion.
I am Computer science Engg. with working exp of 7+ years[SAP] in 3 countries from the same firm. Please let me know which according to you can be the best city for me to land in order to have baby and find a job so i can stay 6 months.

Please advice me... it will be really helpfull.. I wish i land for a good life rather than in trouble for medical help and job. DO advice

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Aquib said:
Thanks for advice.
I received form that that has got option for 2 referee. Or 1 gurantor or
Notery , commisnor of oath etc. not a option for MP etc. i will call passport office to double check tomorrow .
One can be a MP and a notary.

an74

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 30 2004
File Transfer...
APR 2011
Med's Request
01-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-10-2012. PP RECEIVED LVO 29 OCT, Decesion made line added Nov 13, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2012, PP returned back 20-11-2012
LANDED..........
Jun 2013 got PR card August 20 2013
amikety said:

Can you explain what does it mean back charge. If my family leave for holidays out of Canada we would be charged for the medical we took during pregnancy

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
As long ad you're just visiting its fine. Most places view more than 6 months as moving or residing. Even a month long trip would be okay.