12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
atifhassankhan said:
very good questions. will be awaiting answerrs, just to add, i have galaxy s2, galaxynote, will they work in canda?

thanks
It depends on the MGHz your phone is set to. My phone didn't work USA to Canada, but my husband's phone does.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minnesota said:
Hi aquib and other seniors.........IT IS URGENT and need your guidance on few questions.
I am flying to calgary on Jan 21 from dubai. I sending my personal house hold items through air cargo. based upon your experiance,if you have also used air cargo service, can you tell me how the clearance/custom is done at calgary cargo terminal??kindly if you know what is the exact location/address from where I can receive international air cargo shipment? as I will not have a car in early few days is there any one you know who can assist me in going with him for collection of items??? and how much he may charge for small van/pickup??? I have total 8 boxes, 1 stroller, 1 suit case. total weight approx 170KG.
secondly, I have to go driving license, grocery store/halal shops, furniture shops, internet/phone/cell service provider etc... again is there any reliable person/driver who knows about these locations or some one I can hire for a whole day who can assist me going to all these locations??? do you have any contact details of some one I can make a call before my departure from dubai???
lastly, I need to book a hotel for a day or two any reliable website I can use for booking hotels??? I will take a van/taxi from airport to reach there. along with me is my wife and 3 years old daugther. I am assuming that a van/taxi will have its own car seat, if it is required.
I am carrying 6 suit case pieces based upon your exp. were there big size taxis available at airport to carry all my stuff along with seat arrangement for a whole family??? You will have to rent a van instead of taxi, which you will find standing near the exit door of the airport. They usually charge $6.50 more for van services. Other than that all rates are same.

any reliable used car dealers in calgary you may know?? which is the most reliable economical car used in calgary??? I heard toyota and honda. I had toyota corolla XLI 1.8 model 2009 here in abu dhabi which I sold. I came to know that after 2009. Toyota cars are assembled in taiwan specially 2012 models and have faults in it. howz camry reputation and which model is used as most. what about lexus and model??? I usually buy used car with 2-3 years old models reconditioned. my budget is to get car ranging CAD 7000-9000.You cannot find two - three years old car with good condition with that budget. You may get some car but be careful about flooded car or accidental car. You can search car auction http://www.regalauctions.com/ and http://calgary.kijiji.ca/

sorry for the in conveniance I am causing you in asking you too many small questions.

Thanks

Minnesota

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minnesota said:
lastly, I need to book a hotel for a day or two any reliable website I can use for booking hotels???
I usually use expedia.ca in Canada and US.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I use www.priceline.ca or www.hotwire.com for hotels. No point in paying full price on an overpriced hotel room.

You could also check www.kijiji.com for people renting out rooms short term. I've heard those are cheaper too.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Good day,I and my family 5 persons in all will be Calgary International Airport on 1- Feb- 2013 2:45PM local time.
Destination will probably be, 4915 35 ave SouthWest, Glenbrook Village. Calgary.
Please note that we will be coming with about 9 bags, a golf bag and 5 carry-on bags.
Thanks

Then I got this reply from one of the services at the airport.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I suggest utilizing one of our large 10 passengers vans to accommodate the passengers and their luggage. We will have a chauffeur track your flight and meet you at your arrivals gate with a name sign and drive you to your destination. In order for us to provide you with a rate I will need to know your destination.

Your Total for this transfer is $142.34. If you would like to reserve this vehicle please contact us. We require a major credit card for all reservations

Please I will like to know if this is a good deal?

Thanks

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
Aquib said:
Now come PC mastercard.
They cant set up automatic payment.
Nor they got any counter where i can deposit cash/ pay bill .

All they told me to transfer payment online using intrect e payment (cost to me ).
Print bill and took it to our bank to pay (rbc, TD etc) again its not free .
Post cheque to them (again not free - mostly)

I decided not to use that card anymore (accept when in real need) as paying its bill is pain and cant take risk of any miss payment which can ruin my credit score .
Happy with RBC cash back mastercard .
Like scorpian_ca advised, you can setup your "Pay Bills" option in your TD bank online account. If you cant, go to any TD bank branch, they will configure/add the option into your online account for you. I did the same and use it to pay my PC Master Card, I usually use it on Canadian Super Store though.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Minnesota said:
Hi aquib and other seniors.........IT IS URGENT and need your guidance on few questions.
I am flying to calgary on Jan 21 from dubai. I sending my personal house hold items through air cargo. based upon your experiance,if you have also used air cargo service, can you tell me how the clearance/custom is done at calgary cargo terminal??kindly if you know what is the exact location/address from where I can receive international air cargo shipment? as I will not have a car in early few days is there any one you know who can assist me in going with him for collection of items??? and how much he may charge for small van/pickup??? I have total 8 boxes, 1 stroller, 1 suit case. total weight approx 170KG.
secondly, I have to go driving license, grocery store/halal shops, furniture shops, internet/phone/cell service provider etc... again is there any reliable person/driver who knows about these locations or some one I can hire for a whole day who can assist me going to all these locations??? do you have any contact details of some one I can make a call before my departure from dubai???
lastly, I need to book a hotel for a day or two any reliable website I can use for booking hotels??? I will take a van/taxi from airport to reach there. along with me is my wife and 3 years old daugther. I am assuming that a van/taxi will have its own car seat, if it is required.
I am carrying 6 suit case pieces based upon your exp. were there big size taxis available at airport to carry all my stuff along with seat arrangement for a whole family???

any reliable used car dealers in calgary you may know?? which is the most reliable economical car used in calgary??? I heard toyota and honda. I had toyota corolla XLI 1.8 model 2009 here in abu dhabi which I sold. I came to know that after 2009. Toyota cars are assembled in taiwan specially 2012 models and have faults in it. howz camry reputation and which model is used as most. what about lexus and model??? I usually buy used car with 2-3 years old models reconditioned. my budget is to get car ranging CAD 7000-9000.

sorry for the in conveniance I am causing you in asking you too many small questions.

Thanks

Minnesota
Hi Minnesota ,
Happy new year and congralts.
Brother I used booking.com for hotel booking. Used prepaid mastercard to book. They dont charge your card before you check in normally .
You can check hotel with free airport shuttle.
Super8, western, travellodge etc all offer free pick ip from airport but check it before booking.
I book Queen double bed and that enough for 4 person plus lot of luggage.
Its got 2 Queen size double beds , with free phone, internet wifi, fridge AC ,LED , Iron , Safe and free Tea /Coffee making facility and free morning breakfast on top of free pickup from airport
(Though we wait approx 40 min for there suttle which is 10 seater Van . All they want you to call them after custom clear and luggage collection and they will send there Van to get you. )

Do book hotel with free internet/wi fi as if you got wifi then you can use internet and can get immidiate virtual canadian number with free outgoing on smartphone (app- fongo).

Tell cargo that u will pick up goods , try to give them pickup date 5-6 days after you land.

I paid something around 50$ for Van (mini truck type) for delivery of approx 14-15 boxes /cartoons.
(I just help driver in lifting and keeping as if i need them to do on own then i need to pay another $30 for second men). I will give you number of that guy. But you can get many movers address on kijiji .

Custom process: go to cargo office which is few km away from airport terminal (just at rear side of airport / you will get bus direct to there from i think either Rundle or Malborough station ) , that pick up address you will get by your cargo co.
You need to go and get paper from them , pay them fees. Then need to go to Custom office (back by same bus ) then at custom office they stamp your docs.
Catch bus and go back cargo office and there you can call Van guy. And took your stuff with u.

Cars : Honda and Tyota are good but expensive compare to other cars of same age. Its matter of own choice though.
Only place who finance your car is Dealers (used car 5 year old max) through Scotia Right Start Auto prog (if you got Scotia bank right start bank account for newcomer) .
BUT.....
6000 $ car you get for 9000 at Dealer , plus they charge 500-800$ admin fee , 200-300$ dealer fee plus Intrest , min deposit required 25% for newcomer so I recommend you buy direct from owner (avoid desi car brokers too who purchase car from auction, repair and sell it).

Autotrader and kijiji are best.

Stroller and Car seat you can bring free on top of your luggage allownces so dont waste money in cargo for them (i didnt bring mine and regratt).

I will mgs you my number .

Sorry if I missed anything .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
cocknbull said:
Hi!

www.booking.com isn't cheaper? Thanks
I used booking .com (since years when original it was Activehotels.co.uk )
It is cheap but i used it as thats only place where i can book hotel without giving my Credit card number , they accept prepaid mastercard number and confirm booking if your card got just £2 balance for authorisation (accept booking directly from Hilton or Accor hotel website) ... Benifits is that I end up booking 2-3 hotels and check in whatever i like , if they dont cancel free in last min then whatever they do thry cant charge my card for no show (sorry if it sound bad). Plus once you save any good deal and still you free to look after last min deal elsewhere or even in same website. They wont care if ypu show up in 1 and no show in 3 other on same day .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
mythestic said:
Like scorpian_ca advised, you can setup your "Pay Bills" option in your TD bank online account. If you cant, go to any TD bank branch, they will configure/add the option into your online account for you. I did the same and use it to pay my PC Master Card, I usually use it on Canadian Super Store though.
I didnt get my first bill yet , though when speak they told me that i can set up with my bank as bill but they wont take payment automatically. We need to go online loging to bank and pay them every month .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
gaizin said:
Dear Auib,
Congratulation of having a Canadian baby. I had a child here in June this year. Based on my experience,

(i) For guarantor signature, I got signed by a Canadian cousin (who immigrated here few years back).
(ii) In Calgary, you need to apply in person (as they will check the application form carefully whether we filled up the form correctly) and in my case, they had sent me the passport back by post.

By the way, which part of Calgary are you living?
Thanks bro
I live near village sq. NE.

Yes i think i try to get sing with one of my indian employee husband who is Ca citizen for 6-7 year. Else it would cost $60-100 for notery.

I called Passport office and they will post me those form for Notery though . Where do u live ?

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
amikety said:
Text messages - SMS.... It's where you write short text and send them to people, like an instant message conversation, but with phones. It's very popular, especially with the younger crowd. Many people prefer it because you can leave someone a message that they can return at their leisure and it won't get distorted like voicemail.

I would research that brand more before buying that phone. They might be fine, I've just never heard of them.
Thanks. Lol did you explaing me meaning of text

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
EMO said:
Good day,I and my family 5 persons in all will be Calgary International Airport on 1- Feb- 2013 2:45PM local time.
Destination will probably be, 4915 35 ave SouthWest, Glenbrook Village. Calgary.
Please note that we will be coming with about 9 bags, a golf bag and 5 carry-on bags.
Thanks

Then I got this reply from one of the services at the airport.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. I suggest utilizing one of our large 10 passengers vans to accommodate the passengers and their luggage. We will have a chauffeur track your flight and meet you at your arrivals gate with a name sign and drive you to your destination. In order for us to provide you with a rate I will need to know your destination.

Your Total for this transfer is $142.34. If you would like to reserve this vehicle please contact us. We require a major credit card for all reservations

Please I will like to know if this is a good deal?

Thanks

Its look too much , try out kijiji. No CC payment. No advance. Try hotel pickup if you going to hotel and that will free. If going to friend house then ask him and he can get something cheaper (i assume its not too far from airport )

mythestic

Apr 10, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2009
Doc's Request.
06-03-2009
IELTS Request
06-03-2009
File Transfer...
January-2011 to London
Med's Request
November-2011
Med's Done....
17-12-2011 (Received at LVO Feb-2012)
Interview........
Decision Made on June 26, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1: 30-April-2012 - PPR-2: 03July2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th July 2012
LANDED..........
Landed successfully in September 2012 - Got PR Cards on 28Nov2012
Aquib said:
I didnt get my first bill yet , though when speak they told me that i can set up with my bank as bill but they wont take payment automatically. We need to go online loging to bank and pay them every month .
Yes, you need to pay them by yourself every time you want. That is how I pay my house rent though..

I got my self registered at http://pcfinancial.ca/mastercard/ so there I can check my credit limit/details as well as my available balance on PC Master Card.
I paid my balance 3 days back from TD bank online banking, and checked today, its paid and balance is clear. I suggest you to visit your TD bank and do the needful.