Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
kur761 said:
Hi members,

I M planning to fly next year to Calgary INSHAA ALLAH and got good fare from Qatar airline. I waana ask you which airline is better from Montreal to Calgary i.e AC or WJ. Although I had experience with AC when I was landing @ Toronto airport from London this June and really we didn't enjoy our travelling because of roud behaviour of crew.

Can anyone share your experience with WJ which helps in making my decision with AC or WJ.

Regards,
Please note that you are still going to be served by Canadians on WJ flight. I will rather that you focus on getting to your destination safely. But for alternative, try WJ.

I noticed that most flight from Doha to Calgary are checked through and AC is mainly the interlined airline by Qatar.

Cheers

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Harri said:
Dear Forum Members who travelled/transited through Heathrow International airport,

I have got my tickets confirmed for 14 Feb on Emirates for Calgary to complete the landing at POE. On my ticket the Transit time at Heathrow Airport is 2 hours while coming from Dubai and landing via Terminal 3 and catching the next flight on Terminal 5. Is the 2 hours time enough? Seeing the distance between these two terminals and also the formalities. Please note that my checked beggage is booked from Islamabad to Calgary and at Heathrow we shall be coming out with hand luggage only.

As I am travelling first time on this route, there is a little doubt that I request forum members with previous experience of travel to explain for me.
Terminal 3 and terminal 5 , you need to be quick as i think you need to catch suttle from terminal 3 to 5.
I not sure if you need to pass through visa clearance for transit.
But heathrow is one of busyest airport in world and forsure terminal 1,2,3. Are far from terminal 5 .

Please double check with airlines if they can give you some other connection else you need to be quick. All the best .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
jug2012 said:
Fongo has free Canada wide calling, available for Android/iOS/Windows PC.
It also gives a Canadian phone number for free.

http://www.fongo.com/
Fongo previously known as Dell Voice is really good but it work only on 3G or WiFi.

I am using it since day 1 in canada and mention few time in forum too. Its worth having it

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
kur761 said:
Hi members,

I M planning to fly next year to Calgary INSHAA ALLAH and got good fare from Qatar airline. I waana ask you which airline is better from Montreal to Calgary i.e AC or WJ. Although I had experience with AC when I was landing @ Toronto airport from London this June and really we didn't enjoy our travelling because of roud behaviour of crew.

Can anyone share your experience with WJ which helps in making my decision with AC or WJ.

Regards,
U are correct. Qatar airways got best cust service and food.

As Middle Eastern airline will screwed there staff if anyone complain about them.

BA , IA, CA etc got worst cust service as your complaint wont make any harm to there staff. So they dont care .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Hi ,
As our baby is over 3 weeks , and we got his birth cert. now next step is to apply for his Canadian passport.

I am looking at form. There is option for Guarantor Signature.
As we new here , can anyone (sorry but - Please only those who got practical experience reply here ) tell me whom should we ask for sign ?
Did anyone got exp to apply at Calgary regional passport office in person , do they return Birth cert immediately or send back by post later on ?

Plz reply .
Thanks

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Dear Auib,
Congratulation of having a Canadian baby. I had a child here in June this year. Based on my experience,

(i) For guarantor signature, I got signed by a Canadian cousin (who immigrated here few years back).
(ii) In Calgary, you need to apply in person (as they will check the application form carefully whether we filled up the form correctly) and in my case, they had sent me the passport back by post.

By the way, which part of Calgary are you living?

Aquib said:
Hi ,
As our baby is over 3 weeks , and we got his birth cert. now next step is to apply for his Canadian passport.

I am looking at form. There is option for Guarantor Signature.
As we new here , can anyone (sorry but - Please only those who got practical experience reply here ) tell me whom should we ask for sign ?
Did anyone got exp to apply at Calgary regional passport office in person , do they return Birth cert immediately or send back by post later on ?

Plz reply .
Thanks

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
gaizin said:
Dear Auib,
Congratulation of having a Canadian baby. I had a child here in June this year. Based on my experience,

(i) For guarantor signature, I got signed by a Canadian cousin (who immigrated here few years back).
(ii) In Calgary, you need to apply in person (as they will check the application form carefully whether we filled up the form correctly) and in my case, they had sent me the passport back by post.

By the way, which part of Calgary are you living?

Thanks for reply bro .
I live in NE.
I dont know anyone here who is Ca citizen for 5 year and know me for 2 year .

Will they return cjild birth cert immiediately or return it after some time by post ?

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Aquib,
They will give the child birth certificate back to you on the same day you apply in person i.e. after they finish checking up the form.

Could you ps send me your cell number by PM as I wanna talk to you.

Aquib said:
Thanks for reply bro .
I live in NE.

Will they return cjild birth cert immiediately or return it after some time by post ?

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
gaizin said:
Aquib,
They will give the child birth certificate back to you on the same day you apply in person i.e. after they finish checking up the form.

Could you ps send me your cell number by PM as I wanna talk to you.
Thanks bro i mgs you my no .

They dont give birth cert immideately.
After filling form at hospital , we need to go to regestry services (after 2 weeks ) there they charged you 42$ for birth cert (normal delevered to your home in 5-6 week ) i paid $ 20 extra for urget 1 week one which i collected from same regestry after 6 day of applying (3 week after baby born).

I tick for Sin number in same app form/birth cert app in hospital so i get SIN number yesterday too .

Hopefully i will going to passport regeional office tomorrow .

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Aquib,
I mean they will the baby's birth certificate back to you immediately at Passport Regional office. They will check the passport application form first and return the birth certificate.

Aquib said:
Thanks bro i mgs you my no .

They dont give birth cert immideately.
After filling form at hospital , we need to go to regestry services (after 2 weeks ) there they charged you 42$ for birth cert (normal delevered to your home in 5-6 week ) i paid $ 20 extra for urget 1 week one which i collected from same regestry after 6 day of applying (3 week after baby born).

I tick for Sin number in same app form/birth cert app in hospital so i get SIN number yesterday too .

Hopefully i will going to passport regeional office tomorrow .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Aquib said:
Thanks for reply bro .
I live in NE.

We do need some one with 5 year of Canadian passport to Gaurantee for our newborn passport . Thats rule.
Been told that if we dont know anyone then we can fill form
PPTC 132
Which is not available online / i cant find it.
That need to attested by notery or oth commisoner means another 50-100$ .

I will try to go to PP regional office tomorrow to do that.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Now come PC mastercard.
They cant set up automatic payment.
Nor they got any counter where i can deposit cash/ pay bill .

All they told me to transfer payment online using intrect e payment (cost to me ).
Print bill and took it to our bank to pay (rbc, TD etc) again its not free .
Post cheque to them (again not free - mostly)

I decided not to use that card anymore (accept when in real need) as paying its bill is pain and cant take risk of any miss payment which can ruin my credit score .
Happy with RBC cash back mastercard .

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's totally up to your personal matter. However, you can open a free chequing a/c with PC Financial and pay your bill from that a/c through online.

I used to have a TD a/c and paid my credit card bills (different banks and companies) from that a/c through online. You need to set up your credit card info under pay bills option and it's not interac money transfer. It's free.

I cannot make any comment about RBC a/c. However, I think most of the banks should have the same pay bills option.

Aquib said:
Now come PC mastercard.
They cant set up automatic payment.
Nor they got any counter where i can deposit cash/ pay bill .

All they told me to transfer payment online using intrect e payment (cost to me ).
Print bill and took it to our bank to pay (rbc, TD etc) again its not free .
Post cheque to them (again not free - mostly)

I decided not to use that card anymore (accept when in real need) as paying its bill is pain and cant take risk of any miss payment which can ruin my credit score .
Happy with RBC cash back mastercard .

Minnesota

Jan 29, 2011
Hi aquib and other seniors.........IT IS URGENT and need your guidance on few questions.
I am flying to calgary on Jan 21 from dubai. I sending my personal house hold items through air cargo. based upon your experiance,if you have also used air cargo service, can you tell me how the clearance/custom is done at calgary cargo terminal??kindly if you know what is the exact location/address from where I can receive international air cargo shipment? as I will not have a car in early few days is there any one you know who can assist me in going with him for collection of items??? and how much he may charge for small van/pickup??? I have total 8 boxes, 1 stroller, 1 suit case. total weight approx 170KG.
secondly, I have to go driving license, grocery store/halal shops, furniture shops, internet/phone/cell service provider etc... again is there any reliable person/driver who knows about these locations or some one I can hire for a whole day who can assist me going to all these locations??? do you have any contact details of some one I can make a call before my departure from dubai???
lastly, I need to book a hotel for a day or two any reliable website I can use for booking hotels??? I will take a van/taxi from airport to reach there. along with me is my wife and 3 years old daugther. I am assuming that a van/taxi will have its own car seat, if it is required.
I am carrying 6 suit case pieces based upon your exp. were there big size taxis available at airport to carry all my stuff along with seat arrangement for a whole family???

any reliable used car dealers in calgary you may know?? which is the most reliable economical car used in calgary??? I heard toyota and honda. I had toyota corolla XLI 1.8 model 2009 here in abu dhabi which I sold. I came to know that after 2009. Toyota cars are assembled in taiwan specially 2012 models and have faults in it. howz camry reputation and which model is used as most. what about lexus and model??? I usually buy used car with 2-3 years old models reconditioned. my budget is to get car ranging CAD 7000-9000.

sorry for the in conveniance I am causing you in asking you too many small questions.

Thanks

Minnesota

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
Minnesota said:
Hi aquib and other seniors.........IT IS URGENT and need your guidance on few questions.
I am flying to calgary on Jan 21 from dubai. I sending my personal house hold items through air cargo. based upon your experiance,if you have also used air cargo service, can you tell me how the clearance/custom is done at calgary cargo terminal??kindly if you know what is the exact location/address from where I can receive international air cargo shipment? as I will not have a car in early few days is there any one you know who can assist me in going with him for collection of items??? and how much he may charge for small van/pickup??? I have total 8 boxes, 1 stroller, 1 suit case. total weight approx 170KG.
secondly, I have to go driving license, grocery store/halal shops, furniture shops, internet/phone/cell service provider etc... again is there any reliable person/driver who knows about these locations or some one I can hire for a whole day who can assist me going to all these locations??? do you have any contact details of some one I can make a call before my departure from dubai???
lastly, I need to book a hotel for a day or two any reliable website I can use for booking hotels??? I will take a van/taxi from airport to reach there. along with me is my wife and 3 years old daugther. I am assuming that a van/taxi will have its own car seat, if it is required.
I am carrying 6 suit case pieces based upon your exp. were there big size taxis available at airport to e carry all my stuff along with seat arrangement for a whole family???

any reliable used car dealers in calgary you may know?? which is the most reliable economical car used in calgary??? I heard toyota and honda. I had toyota corolla XLI 1.8 model 2009 here in abu dhabi which I sold. I came to know that after 2009. Toyota cars are assembled in taiwan specially 2012 models and have faults in it. howz camry reputation and which model is used as most. what about lexus and model??? I usually buy used car with 2-3 years old models reconditioned. my budget is to get car ranging CAD 700be awaiting th0-9000.

sorry for the in conveniance I am causing you in asking you too many small questions.

S2 and galaxy note
ting
Thanks

Minnesota
very good questions. will be awaiting answerrs, just to add, i have galaxy s2, galaxynote, will they work in canda?

thanks