+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing and living in province different from COPR

skeecandidate

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi Experts,

I have my COPR with Province of destination as "BC' and City of destination as "Vancouver" and I'm yet to complete landing.
My employer has offered me a transfer to Toronto, ON which is different from what is listed on my COPR. Is it fine to land in Toronto and start living there with the job offered by my employer?
Or, is there any such requirement that I need to go to the city/province listed in my COPR?

Note: I'm from the FSW stream, NOT a provincial nominee

Thank you for your help and comments!!!

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Experts,

I have my COPR with Province of destination as "BC' and City of destination as "Vancouver" and I'm yet to complete landing.
My employer has offered me a transfer to Toronto, ON which is different from what is listed on my COPR. Is it fine to land in Toronto and start living there with the job offered by my employer?
Or, is there any such requirement that I need to go to the city/province listed in my COPR?

Note: I'm from the FSW stream, NOT a provincial nominee

Thank you for your help and comments!!!
Hi

Yes, it's fine for you to land and live in Toronto. You don't need to go to Vancouver.

Reactions: skeecandidate

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you not try to land in Quebec, there is no problem there.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As long as you not try to land in Quebec, there is no problem there.
You can "land" in Québec but provide a PR card address in another province. It's only a problem if you indicate that you are settling in Québec.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can "land" in Québec but provide a PR card address in another province. It's only a problem if you indicate that you are settling in Québec.
Nope you cannot land in Quebec. You can transfer via Montreal but not to land there. They will reject to land you without Quebec nomination.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Nope you cannot land in Quebec. You can transfer via Montreal but not to land there. They will reject to land you without Quebec nomination.
I stand corrected. You learn something new every day...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
This is not correct. Non-CSQ holder with proof of onward journey can finish landing formalities in Quebec. I know bunch of folks who were heading to Toronto with layover in Montreal. They finished landing formalities in Montreal.

Navu14

Jul 19, 2019
Hello,

I have the same question, can I go anywhere for landing in Canada or it should be the same province that nominated me for PR?