Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016 (1st AOR) / 01-12-2016 (BOWP - 2nd AOR)
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
We have landed yesterday, I thought I would share our experience.

We already live in Canada, and visited family back in Europe. We planned to do our landing at the Ottawa Office, because the time between connection flights were really tight. We arrived to Montreal and were going to Ottawa after. We decided not to mention our approved PR application, just being sure we can catch the next flight

The border officer was a really nice young man. He asked what we were doing in Canada, and pointed out, that our visas will expire in December. He asked about our future plans. That was the point, when I said we got COPR already. He was really happy (said "awesome!") , but I told him that we would like to do the landing interview later at the office in Ottawa. He said, he needs to double-check if we can do that, because usually everybody has to do landing at first entry. After a phone call he said, we are good but also asked when our next flight was leaving. We had about 70 minutes. He made an other call and said, there is only one client at immigration and he can help us to do the interview really quickly.

He closed his booth and asked us to follow him to the immigration room. He joined to his colleagues and called us after 1 minute. He asked the mandatory questions, we signed the COPRs and he gave them to a colleague who had access to the computer, and typed every detail into the system. He asked about proof of funds, and I told him we applied under CEC and we are exempt of POF. The guy said "If you are saying..." :) We were done in 5 minutes, and we could catch our flight easily. Everybody was super nice!

These two guys were so nice, we knew we were back in Canada! :) I wish the same experience to everyone!

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
congrats!!

All the best for your future.

Reactions: neorol

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
neorol said:

We already live in Canada, and visited family back in Europe. We planned to do our landing at the Ottawa Office, because the time between connection flights were really tight. We arrived to Montreal and were going to Ottawa after. We decided not to mention our approved PR application, just being sure we can catch the next flight

The border officer was a really nice young man. He asked what we were doing in Canada, and pointed out, that our visas will expire in December. He asked about our future plans. That was the point, when I said we got COPR already. He was really happy (said "awesome!") , but I told him that we would like to do the landing interview later at the office in Ottawa. He said, he needs to double-check if we can do that, because usually everybody has to do landing at first entry. After a phone call he said, we are good but also asked when our next flight was leaving. We had about 70 minutes. He made an other call and said, there is only one client at immigration and he can help us to do the interview really quickly.

He closed his booth and asked us to follow him to the immigration room. He joined to his colleagues and called us after 1 minute. He asked the mandatory questions, we signed the COPRs and he gave them to a colleague who had access to the computer, and typed every detail into the system. He asked about proof of funds, and I told him we applied under CEC and we are exempt of POF. The guy said "If you are saying..." :) We were done in 5 minutes, and we could catch our flight easily. Everybody was super nice!

These two guys were so nice, we knew we were back in Canada! :) I wish the same experience to everyone!
Thank you for sharing this awesome story! good luck with a new life as a PR holder :)

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
neorol said:

Congratulations!! What were the mandatory questions if I may ask??

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Congrats ;D. Looking forward to writing a similar post myself.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Thanks everyone! :)

Questions were:

Have you been convicted with crime?
Are you still married?
Do you have any other dependent child who is not included in the COPR?

I think that's all they asked.

Reactions: lino82

shomoita

Jun 26, 2017

Hi,

Do you live in Quebec/Ottawa? Did they ask for an address to send your PR card? Thanks for sharing!

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Hi,

Do you live in Quebec/Ottawa? Did they ask for an address to send your PR card? Thanks for sharing!
Sorry for the late reply, we live in Ottawa. Yes, they asked for the address.

neorol

Jul 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
09-11-2016 (Passed)
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
Congratulations!! What were the mandatory questions if I may ask??
They asked if we are still married, do we have any dependents not mentioned on COPR, have we commited any crime, etc...

mooon_23

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
10-09-2015
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
24-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-09-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

If I (Sponsor) land with my spouse (Principal Applicant) am I allowed to accompany him through the landing process?