Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Frns,

Thank u alll to give me feedback for TRANSIt visa u all are star people

One more thing....For first three month we cant avail the HEALTH INSURANCE facility wat if we fall in that period...i mean do we need to take any international insurance for that period.

Second thing is about making list of things we are talking along with us...do we need to make list of all items or just expensive items...does anyone has the format for the same.

Which is best back to open Account

Thanks again
Abhi

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@abhi

Yea v have to take health insurance of about 3 months( until our health card will be ready), it will cost around 12-15000 INR, i can provide u the link for that if u need!

The list should include all the major items irrespective of price.

If u want to open an account from India, then the best bank is 'Scotia bank'.

Any ways I haven't collected much info about these all issues in much details cuz I am just waiting for my Visa, so not taking these things seriously ( as this all related with later stages of 'planning about landing')

jeby

Jan 19, 2010
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
15-12-2009
Med's Done....
11-01-2010
Passport Req..
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
Dear Abhi292000,

You will get a good lot of info from the following link posted by one of the senior members Qorax. It is very nice, explained everything in detail:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t36735.0.html

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scotia Bank Account Opening.

www.startright.scotiabank.com

Thanks QORAX for the information.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
Abhi if u r planning to stay at the airport than no need of Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV), you will be exempted from the DATV requirements because of valid canadian entry visa see below:

Holders of certain documents are, regardless of nationality, exempt from the requirement to hold a Direct Airside Transit Visa when transiting the UK

1.a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from another country or territory to the country for which the visa is held;
2. a valid visa for entry to Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the United States of America and a valid airline ticket for travel via the United Kingdom as part of a journey from the country for which the visa is held to another country or territory;

in case you wanna go out then apply for tourist visa not transit visa, As per VFS transit visa is strictly for changing airports and not for meeting frnds, shopping etc. i know someone who’s transit visa got rejected because he mentioned that wants to see his frnds.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scotiabank Branches in India

City Address
Mumbai Ground Floor, Mittal Tower "B" Wing
P.O. Box 11507
Nariman Point
Mumbai, India 400-021

New Delhi Dr. Gopal Das Bhavan
28 Bharakhamba Road
New Delhi, India 110-001

Coimbatore Classic Towers
1547 Trichy Road
Coimbatore, India 641-018

Bangalore Mail: S.N. Towers
25/2 M.G. Road
Bangalore, India 560-001

Hyderabad 6-3-346/1 Road No. 1
Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad, India 500 034

Open a Scotiabank Account in Canada from India

As Canada’s most international bank, we are proud of our strong presence in India.

We have 5 Scotiabank branches in Mumbai, New Delhi, Coimbatore, Bangalore and Hyderabad. As well, our partnership with HDFC Bank has extended our global reach to over 2,000 branches across India.

Before you move to Canada, we can help you:

Open a bank account in Canada
Transfer money to Canada from India
Apply for a VISA credit card in Canada
We also offer a simple, cost-effective basic banking package for new immigrants called the StartRight™ program.

Four Easy Steps

Complete the Customer Worksheet
Filling out the Customer Worksheet prior to your visit with an HDFC Bank or Scotiabank branch in India will speed up the account opening process.

Download Worksheet [PDF: 56 kb]

Visit a HDFC Bank or Scotiabank branch in India to complete the Referral Form for New Deposit Account

A. Bring your Customer Worksheet and Personal Identification
Valid Passport (Passport Number and Country of Issue/ Expiry date)
For New Immigrants: Embassy Letter (confirming approval for immigration) or Citizenship and Immigration Canada Form (IMM 5292)
For Foreign Students: Letter of Acceptance from a Canadian educational institution and Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
B. Select the type of account you’re interested in.

New Immigrants:You can open 1 of the 3 listed account types, per applicant. Your choices are:
Scotia Powerchequing Account with a monthly statement

Note: Service charges will be waived for 1-year from the date you arrive in Canada and activate your account for your monthly and transaction fees

Scotia U.S. Dollar Daily Interest Account with a monthly statement

Note: Monthly Bank statements will be mailed to the address you provided on your application (with exception of the Euro account)

Scotia Euro Daily Interest Savings Account with no statement, passbook will be provided upon initial visit to Scotiabank Branch
For Foreign Students: You can open 1 of the 3 listed account types, per applicant. Your choices are:

Student Banking Advantage Plan with a monthly statement (Canadian account)

Scotia U.S. Dollar Daily Interest Savings with a monthly statement (Option available only if joint account opened with parent/guardian)

Note: Monthly Bank statements will be mailed to the address you provided on your application (with exception of the Euro account)

Scotia Euro Daily Interest Savings Account with no statement, passbook will be provided upon initial visit to Scotiabank Branch
C. New immigrants and foreign students moving to Canada to live or study can apply for a Scotiabank VISA credit card. If you wish to apply for a credit card, your overseas Bank Officer can indicate this on the Referral Form.

D. Decide where you want to open your Scotiabank Account:

View list of participating Scotiabank Branches
Send a Bank Draft or Wire Payment
As soon as your new bank account has been opened in Canada, Scotiabank will send you a Welcome Letter containing your account number, authorized amount of funds eligible for deposit, status of your Scotiabank VISA credit card, branch address, hours of business and your Scotiabank branch officer’s contact information.

You can submit (1) bank draft or (1) wire payment/telegraphic transfer (preferred) AFTER your account has been opened. Wire payments can be submitted in Canadian Dollars/U.S. Dollars/EURO.

Bank draft or wire payment/telegraphic transfer can be sent from any HDFC Bank branch or Scotiabank branch in India and can be submitted in Canadian Dollars, U.S. Dollars or EURO.

To credit funds to your account prior to your arrival in Canada, please ensure the following:

The amount of the initial deposit is in line with the Acceptable Deposit Limit Chart
The funds must be wired from an HDFC Bank branch or Scotiabank branch in India
The funds cannot be from a third party (i.e. sender and beneficiary name on the account must match)
Incoming wire transfer/draft originated/issued in the same jurisdiction (i.e. India)
Only 1 wire payment/draft for deposit is allowed prior to immigrating to Canada
Note: If any of the above conditions are not met we will be unable to credit your account and the funds will be returned to you.

Activate your Account
When you arrive in Canada, visit your Scotiabank branch to activate your account. You must bring the following original documents with you:

Valid Passport
For New Immigrants: Citizenship and Immigration Canada Form (IMM 5292)

For Foreign Students: Letter of Acceptance from Canadian educational institution and Study Permit (IMM1294).
If you wish to transfer your account to a branch closer to your new Canadian address, let your Personal Banking Officer know. They will make sure your account documentation is delivered to the branch of your choice. (Contact information provided in the welcome letter)

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Doglover,

Can u please provide me link for the Insurance thingi please... so that i can also get myself insured for 3 months till i avail the health insurance facility

Thanks
Abhishek

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Jeby,

Thanks for the help bro

Regards
Abhishek

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo shekhawatmx ,

Thanks for ur help bro

Abhi

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binny8 said:
you can opt for Immigration trust in Canada. you can put in money into the trust for yrs after ur day of arrival. it can also include capital gain from sale of property and it will all be tax free. giving you link of the trust.hope it helps
u...
www.advisor.ca/images/other/ae/ae_1004b_immigrationtrusts.pdf
first of all, i m sorry for ans so late, i was busy in some office work for past 8 days. there is some work pending, but it can wait for a day or so.

thnx for the link, i m going to check it out.

dsr08

Sep 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June2009
AOR Received.
July2009
Med's Request
15-Dec-2009
Med's Done....
25-Dec-2009
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-Dec-2009
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
LANDED..........
-
Rocky if you have not booked your air ticket yet, you can think of Finnair (Direct Flight starting from Delhi June 6). It will cost around Rs. 28,000/- (Just Check their website).

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsr08 said:
Rocky if you have not booked your air ticket yet, you can think of Finnair (Direct Flight starting from Delhi June 6). It will cost around Rs. 28,000/- (Just Check their website).
Thanks a lot for the information. Yes I will be soon booking the tickets. If option available then I would Prefer JET/Air India and then others. But lets see which One I get. Planning to land in May

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsr08 said:
Just Checked Fin Air. Ticket Cost 37580/- INR for last week in May.

Fri 21 May
44580 INR Sat 22 May
48780 INR SUN 23 MAY
48780 INR Mon 24 May
44580 INR Tue 25 May
No Seats Wed 26 May
37580 INR

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
rocky272727 said:
Just Checked Fin Air. Ticket Cost 37580/- INR for last week in May.

Fri 21 May
44580 INR Sat 22 May
48780 INR SUN 23 MAY
48780 INR Mon 24 May
44580 INR Tue 25 May
No Seats Wed 26 May
37580 INR

I booked for August

Easterna China Airlines via Taipei.. 33000/-