NA
Passport Req..
02/02/2010
VISA ISSUED...
05/05/2010
LANDED..........
12/09/2010
Hi All
Any idea why NOC 0213 (IT and Sys-manager) is removed from the FSW1 list? Dose that means that IT openings are saturated?

Thank
Sam

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
Hi all, thank you for a very informative forum...however, I am still confused a bit, what are the things we can declare as to follow? and by what mode?

Thank you so much.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sam2Canada said:
Hi All
Any idea why NOC 0213 (IT and Sys-manager) is removed from the FSW1 list? Dose that means that IT openings are saturated?

Thank
Sam
Yes, it means they already have enough supply of 0213 already and they are not seeking additional 0213 professionals

Irmaar

Jun 4, 2010
Hello Qorax,

Thanks for updating your PR status.

It will help me decide my plans for booking the flight.

Many Thanks,
Irmaar.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Rocky,

Since you have landed can you pl guide me whether we should also apply to placement consultants in respective province as they donot charge anything as per govt guide lines

...will it help
....have you tried this way to finding jobs
...are there any other angles involved like they donot entertain persons having qualif /exp other than canadian
....will they not take up our cases at all
...can they provide us any career counselling
....do they have any prescreening of the applicants like a informal interview

Can you pl throw some more light on the above topics and discuss them in detail...
Hi

I have not tried any consultants yet, but since I have relatives here so they are very helpful.

Here word of mouth works a lot. What I have seen is if you network with people, it helps a lot. I have given couple of interviews and lets see some might work, but how it happend is 1 I applied online for right kind of jobs and others is through some references and all as well, like they just send the resume internally with employee reference and the only difference it makes here is that, ok this employee knows this candidate that is it.

I want to join the Co-Op courses which helps you get free volunteer work exp and then help you find jobs and I am only talking about the once funded by CIC.

So be very cautious and there are many scam and frauds here as well who take your money. Remember, good consultants will never charge you even a penny only if you get a job they get money from the company like it works everywhere.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chefumang said:
can someone please put a light on getting health insurance card in canada. how long it takes and what all things they need for newly landed immigrant.
Depends upon which Province you land and plan to stay, Ontario takes 3 months to get your health card activated.

ZACH

Feb 18, 2010
Middle East
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 2009
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2009
Interview........
Wavied
Passport Req..
07 Jun 2010
VISA ISSUED...
07 July 2010
LANDED..........
LANDED
Dear Rocky272727,

I am from India and yet to land.

The Ontario Govt site says that a new immigrant can drive with a foreign license for a period of 60 days. If so, it is really required to get an 'international license issued' before we proceed?

Right now I am in middle east and do not have a license here. I have valid driving license issued from Delhi (valid till year 2013). But to get an international one issued, I will have to travel to Delhi.

I am really thorough with left hand driving (drive right) and had a US license also, which got expired in 2007.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Zach

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ZACH said:
Dear Rocky272727,

I am from India and yet to land.

The Ontario Govt site says that a new immigrant can drive with a foreign license for a period of 60 days. If so, it is really required to get an 'international license issued' before we proceed?

Right now I am in middle east and do not have a license here. I have valid driving license issued from Delhi (valid till year 2013). But to get an international one issued, I will have to travel to Delhi.

I am really thorough with left hand driving (drive right) and had a US license also, which got expired in 2007.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Zach
U need to have the IDL/IDP to drive here for 2 months, on a Rented Car. Just the foreign D/L is not good. The same applies to all nations... For Visitors... Not necessarily Canada.

I

isysy

Sam2Canada said:
Hi All

Thank
Sam
I think this is favorable to us who have applied already and are going to canada. By the time that we will be adjusted to Canada and their work style - then they'll be running out of 0213. I'm a 0213, waiting for my visa. Going to Canada next month. I expect and would prefer to work on a survival job at first - to get taste of what is work outside. perhaps a desktop technician, data center technician, QA tester, LAN engineer or the like.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maverick_stallion said:
Dear Rocky & Qorax,

pl go thro the link and give your views on the below report....could this report be true it seems very realistic...

http://www.immigrationwatchcanada.org/

Your views awaited since you have already landed.

In every country there are groups that oppose immigration. Just stating that the number of immigrants is too high is flawed because as long as there are jobs for them, then how can the number be too high?

Stating that immigrants shouldn't be taken in while there are people unemployed is another thing they mention but then you have to look at the skills of the unemployed and their location. If there is a shortage of electricians for example, can these unemployed people fill those spots? Well, unless they happen to be electricians, they can not. The other thing is their location. If an employer somewhere in AB advertises for an electrician and there happens to be one unemployed somewhere in say NB, who is to say that he wants to move? His whole family may be in NB, his ageing parents he helps in their daily lives, his kids are in school there, maybe his spouse has a career there so as a result the employer gets an LMO for a guy to come from somewhere else on a work permit. Should the employer be denied an LMO because this guy in NB was unemployed and could have but wouldn't take this job? It's not realistic to think that unemployed people can fill vacancies that not in their areas of expertise or in the area where they live. I wouldn't really worry about this report too much.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Very well said Leon.

Could u kindly provide an insight to this issue too?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/advice-please1095-rule-and-tracking-your-time-in-canadahelp-t45659.0.html

QORAX

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
Dear QORAX, once u've provided the link to practice the knowledge test for DL. I've tried a lot to find it but couldnt find it. Plz update the link.

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
Hi Mooving2canada

Link:

http://www.apnatoronto.com/ontario-g1-practice-test.html

Qorax,

If any additional site, please provide...

Thanks

mooving2canada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July2009
Doc's Request.
September2009
Nomination.....
December2009
AOR Received.
December2009
File Transfer...
September2009
Med's Request
1st Feb,2010
Med's Done....
18th March,2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1st Feb,2010
VISA ISSUED...
7th April,2010
LANDED..........
Landed at Vancouver on 26th May,10. Residing at Burnaby and now looking for Job
CBI said:
Hi Mooving2canada

Link:

http://www.apnatoronto.com/ontario-g1-practice-test.html

Qorax,

If any additional site, please provide...

Thanks
Thanx CBI, i was looking for the same link.

Neel09

Star Member
May 20, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
06/08/2010, Edmonton
penpal said:
Hi Neel,

I was also on the lookout for a network for immigrants landing in Calgary.I am for it,but would be landing somewhere end of Sep'10.Anyhow let's keep up the zeal and spirit for future networking.I am a chartered accountant currently in dubai.

Thanks
Hi penpal

A new thread for Calgary has finally started !!! lets make a good network of friends in Calgary:)