Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yeah, it's over a year now since we r holding these meets... God willing, it'd continue too!

Qorax

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
overall - 8 (7 above in each)
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
Hello,

How is everyone doing ?

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
hi friends,
i am also in the que and looking forward to meet u all.................

with warm regards,
benjamin

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
qorax said:
Hi, all r doing great... How about u?
I'm good captain ...!! all settled here...

Looking forward to meet you and others .. !!

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All! We will be in Toronto the first week of Feb - anybody interested in a get together?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SD said:
Hello All! We will be in Toronto the first week of Feb - anybody interested in a get together?
If you are staying over weekend we can have get together in Toronto. Do tell your program in advance.

jacob333

Aug 2, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th november 2009
Doc's Request.
new delhi 6/05 2010
AOR Received.
16/05 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 submitted
File Transfer...
20/01 2010
Med's Request
1st october 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st october
VISA ISSUED...
29th november
SD said:
hi if i reach there by feb then mee too wish to meet u people. i wish u all the best. we will make a thread here before leaving so that we unite before leaving and meet here if possible :)

regards
jacob333

SD

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cool jacob and explorer! we will be there the weekend of 5th and 6th of feb. so please let us know.
we are staying in bay street in downtown toronto.

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
help pls..
where in toronto is the best place to live(eg. Missisauga, brampton, scarborough and so on)

aybee

Nov 2, 2009
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-October-2009
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
5-July-2010
niwrrehs said:
help pls..
where in toronto is the best place to live(eg. Missisauga, brampton, scarborough and so on)
Depends on your requirements, but according to me for starters Brampton and Missasauga as there are lots of minimum wage jobs that a newcomer generally needs and is fit for. Once you get what you need to work in your field of interest then go out of the GTA as it will be easy to get work. I am saying this as i'm an electrician and this is true for my profession. Now you can decide according to your profession.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
niwrrehs said:
help pls..
Where to live ?
Toronto Neighborhood Watch

Basically, this comes down to how you want to live? And the choices are based on three (3) factors:

1. The Location: Whether in Toronto city main, or its Suburbs (GTA);
2. The Accommodation: Whether in a Multi-storied building, House, or a Townhome;
3. The Dwelling: Whether Independently Staying, Shared Residence, or Basement suite.

Each has its pros-n-cons, but definitely we’d look into all the three aspects based on our choice, requirement & affordability. However, in view of the topic I’d restrict the discussion to Factor-1 only.

Our quest for the right neighbourhood selection would include walk to work, or transit (bus) facility, amenities available, family/social life, schooling, entertainment, medical aid etc. The fact remains that with Toronto such amenities are available in the immediate vicinity of every neighborhood. Toronto has many interesting neighbourhoods, each with their own personality. And people working here would live in almost every part of the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

The Suburbs (GTA)

Toronto Suburbs are areas with lower-density housing and the major mode of transportation is driving (vs. walking and transit). If you have a car and you don't mind Toronto's rush-hour traffic, you can drive or bus to work and may be able to save money on your rent (note, you will always have to pay $50-100 per month for parking at work).

The main areas of residence in GTA would include North York, Vaughan, Markham, New Market etc. (to the North); Etobicoke, Malton, Brampton (to the West); Mississauga, Oakville (to the south) AND Scarborough, Ajax, Pickering etc. (to the East).

Mississauga / Brampton
A good choice of initial residence could be in Mississauga or Brampton. They both are close to Toronto. The price-vs-value of rental properties here are modest. TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) busses reach one location at Mississauga (near the Square One Mall), which is also a hep location... superb buildings & is the downtown of Mississauga – the largest city closest to Toronto. While the prices of rentals at Brampton would be a shade lower, but the quality of life is pretty good. A 1BR condo could be had for $1100-1300 in Mississauga, while in Brampton it could be $900-1200.

Malton
Another fine place of residence could be Malton. A quiet neighbourhood of Mississauga – but delinked to the main city. It’s also closest to Toronto & home of the Pearson intl. Airport. The best part of Malton is that all the three Transits (Toronto, Mississauga & Brampton) comes here – infact Malton is their Terminus. The place is self contained & there are many jobs in the vicinity. Besides, rental prices are the lowest – mainly due to older buildings (but not a deal-breaker!). A 1BR here could be had for $950-1200, while Basement Accommodations are very many, usually costing $450-600.

North York
You can live 4-8 kms north, east or west of Yonge & Finch and probably find something for a few hundred dollars less than along the subway line. Look for clusters of high-rise buildings around Bathurst/Finch, Bathurst/Steeles, Don Mills/Finch, Don Mills/Sheppard, 401/DVP. Beyond that, most of these areas are suburban homes and as such, single-person rental stock is quite limited. If you have 2-3 roommates/families, you can look into renting an entire house as a cost-effective way of living.

Beyond the 8 km range, the localities are almost entirely homes and rentals become hard to come by. Closest to furthest, approximately: Thornhill, Downsview, Rexdale, Agincourt, Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Etobicoke, Markham and Vaughan.

Toronto City

If you can't or don't wish to drive, you have to account for walking/biking or taking the TTC. For which I’d recommend staying within 2-3 kms of the subway line. Taking the subway to work is fast and convenient, as well as cost-effective. U’d have options of daily tokens; a monthly pass or weekends passes - that gives you unlimited use of the entire system – very handy for weekend shopping and entertainment.

Rents along the Yonge line are pricier. However, units slightly removed from Yonge are not and some good deals can be had.

Yonge & Eglinton (North Toronto or Sherwood Park)
This area is the home to basically bachelors or small families, who have moved to Toronto. It is a vibrant, bustling area - built up around the Eglinton subway station. Taking the subway from Eglinton to Dundas Square (heart of Toronto) will take about 15 minutes. The area features cinemas, bookstores, fine dining, pubs, shopping, cafes, fast food. The housing stock tends to be mainly high-rise, low-rise and few houses. There are also many new condos in the area. It is generally quite safe and clean, and has more parks and quiet streets than downtown.

As the neighbourhood is immensely popular, rents can be higher than average. A 1BR apartment at Canterbury/Berkshire House (high-rise attached to the subway) goes for $1350-1600 plus parking. The largest building in the area (88 Erskine) is advertising 1-bdrms for $1495, and another large building (500 Duplex) had some 1BRs for $1350. Bachelors pads can be found in this area as well, usually for $800 or more. There are dozens of high-rises and low-rises here - you can find them around Eglinton, Roehampton, Holly, Broadway, Montgomery, Orchard View, Erskine, Keewatin, Redpath.

To find something cheaper in this general area you have to go somewhat further (2-3 kms+) east, towards Bayview & Eglinton, Leaside. Note there is very frequent bus service along Eglinton, that will take you right into the subway, and Mount Pleasant and Bayview avenues have a lot of shops and restaurants as well.

Yonge and Davisville
This is the next stop south of Eglinton. Similar neighbourhood, although a little quieter. Lots of high-rises, same prices. You can probably just walk or drive around and look for "vacancy" signs - but look on the “RentCanada” site as well and make an appointment or two. Street names with lots of buildings: Lacelles, Balliol, Davisville, Merton.

The DOWNTOWN CORE
(Bay & Bloor, Yonge & Bloor, Yonge & College, Bay & College, Church Street etc.)
The Yonge street, south of Bloor, is considered to be the "core" of downtown (Dundas Square being the centre), with lots of offices, shopping (Eaton Centre), subway and entertainment nearby. There is also a lot of quality cheap fast food joints along Young between Bloor & College. It is generally quite a safe area because of the volume of pedestrian traffic at all times of the day. Grocery shopping can be found at a the 24-hour Dominion store at Church and Dundas. This urban area is home to people of many backgrounds and careers; professionals, students; rich and poor. Church street is also home to Toronto's gay and lesbian community, and is more relaxed than Yonge. Further east, one finds some run-down areas along Jarvis, Sherbourne and Parliament streets which are probably best avoided.

South of Bloor, and east of Yonge has lots of high-rise apartments, between Yonge and Church streets (look for addresses on Charles, Alexander, Wellesley, Dundonald, Maitland, Wood and Carleton streets). Generally you will find apartments in this area to be on par with Yonge and Eglinton with respect to size, price, and features. There are also a lot of high-rise condos between Yonge and Bay streets, west of Yonge street. They can be very expensive, but if one has roommates you might be able to swing it (you might try Horizon on Bay, 633 Bay at the corner of Bay and Edward). The condo offices often act as property manager for owners who wish to rent their suites.

The Danforth
Arranged along the Bloor-Danforth (east-west) Subway line, the Danforth (between Broadview and Donlands) is a popular area because of its lively atmosphere: pubs, restaurants, shops, festivals. It's also easy to get to work - just get on the subway at Donlands, Pape, Chester or Broadview and go anywhere in about 30 minutes. The Danforth is also known as Greektown and there are many Greek restaurants and cultural events in the neighbourhood.

The best part about the Danforth is that it's a great neighbourhood and it tends to be less expensive. The housing stock consists of units in older houses, and a few high-rises near Broadview. Bachelor pads can be had for $725+, and 1-bdrms from $1250.

The Annex
The Annex is along Bloor Street between the Bathurst, Spadina and St. George subway stops. It is home to many UofT professors, students, journalists, writers and a lot of professionals. There is a good "cafe scene" and you can walk to downtown, Chinatown, Kensington Market, the UofT and Little Italy. Bookstores, sushi joints, student pubs and the famed “Honest Ed's” are located nearby.

Houses are old but have a lot of character and the tree-lined streets are pleasant in the summer. Unfortunately, it seems everyone wants to live in the Annex and thus, rents are skyrocketed here. It may be possible to find a 1BR under $1300, but there are many basement options too - for $850 or whole floors for $1400+. Parking can be hard to find though.

Harbourfront (Queen's Quay - on the Lake)
Pros: living on the waterfront, recreation, party atmosphere in summer.
Cons: extremely expensive, cold in winter, oddly isolated from downtown, tourists.

Little Italy (College St. between Ossington and Bathurst)
Pros: cafe culture, bars, shops, entertainment.
Cons: not on the subway line and parking problems.

Corso Italia (St. Clair between Dufferin & Bathurst)
Pros: Duplexes can be less expensive ($1300 for 2 ppl). Cafe culture, bars, shops.
Cons: not on the subway line and parking problems.

Queen St. West (Bathurst to University)
Pros: Entertainment district, bars, shops.
Cons: Noisy, not on the subway line and very expensive.

Living close to Yonge & Finch

Yonge & Finch is one of the nicest neighbourhoods of Toronto. It’s also quite close to the heart of Downtown. You can see the CN Tower from here. This location is soon becoming more "urban" and has most of the basic amenities (grocery, pharmacy, video, fast food). Being 14 kms from downtown (Queen Street), this locality is throbbing with residences of many newcomers . Along Yonge street we’d find clusters of multi-use complexes - apartments, shopping malls, dining, cinema, offices etc. The neighbourhoods don't have a lot of character but are generally very safe and close to the subway and the Highway 401.

There are many new condos along the north Yonge Street corridor, but they tend to be quite expensive ($1300+ for a one bedroom). The houses around here will likely rent only a basement suite or the entire house. But there are always a few high-rises and other units around. Key areas to try searching are Yonge/Finch, Yonge/Steeles, Bathurst/Finch, Bayview/Finch, Yonge/Sheppard, North York Centre. If you are near any of these intersections, you will be served by TTC bus (Sheppard, Finch and NYC are on the subway too).

End Note:
Overall, the choice remains ours whether to reside in the GTA or at downtown. However, for newcomers, given the fact that purchasing a car is the most important decision to take – immediate upon landing – areas like Malton, Mississauga & Brampton are our best bet (purely my opinion), at least initially, for 6-8 months or a year, especially if we are with our families. ‘Coz downtown might have a charm – but it’d be demanding for the kids... just too crowded. Else, go to North York.

Qorax

hamayun

Nov 3, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2017, Case file CIC
Doc's Request.
25-April-2017
Nomination.....
23 November 2016
AOR Received.
11-March-2017
IELTS Request
16-07-2013 submit with file online
File Transfer...
13-March-2017
Med's Request
25-April-2016
Med's Done....
12-May-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05 July 2017
VISA ISSUED...
25 July 2017
LANDED..........
1 September 2017
hello
I am applicant of March 2005 CHC Islamabd case move London.
today I listen from two consultant CHC london sent August 2005 cases backlog, previous all applicant receive letter for up date .
I give you number both counsultant
1) West Land Consultant 042-36360440
2) AliSons Consultant 051-2282506-6

I call both consultant they said our applicant receive letter from london CHC
your near they give correct statment ,If any applicant receive letter for CHC London March 2005 please share, my cell number 0333-5319071
any other new against backlog must share
we are all one boat passanger
hamayun

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
Dear friends,
i m planning to move in the first week of april................what will be the job availability at that time of the year ???????
most probably i will choose missisauga as place of resident for few months......

i am planning to apply for jobs using my friend's address ........... will it be useful or should i land and thn apply ??

1) can any one tell me the link to download PR card application form ( IMM 5444E ) and SIN card application form ( NAS 2120 )
2) hw to fill form B4 ..????( Accompanying goods )

regards n thnx in advance
benjamin

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Benjamin Sapkota said:
Dear friends,
i m planning to move in the first week of april................what will be the job availability at that time of the year ???????
most probably i will choose missisauga as place of resident for few months......

i am planning to apply for jobs using my friend's address ........... will it be useful or should i land and thn apply ??

1) can any one tell me the link to download PR card application form ( IMM 5444E ) and SIN card application form ( NAS 2120 )

regards n thnx in advance
benjamin
Not required.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44793.0.html