Edmonton
AOR Received.
2nd 17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
APR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011 - Not On My Merits But On His Grace
sanjn said:
Thanks Qorax, hope to see you all soon sometime.
Cheers
Sanjn
CONGRATS Sanjn
Good luck always --- :D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
3401 DUFFERIN ST, Toronto or somewhere else.
Hi Explorer101,

It was wonderful meeting u today morning. I had a real good time & learnt a lot from u.
I must admit - u r an epitome of courage & your success is very well deserved!!!

Hope to see u often in our group meetings as well.
Good Luck brother!

Qorax

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi Explorer101,
It was wonderful meeting u today morning. I had a real good time & learnt a lot from u.
I must admit - u r an epitome of courage & your success is very well deserved!!!
Hope to see u often in our group meetings as well.
Good Luck brother!
Qorax
Hi, I also enjoyed your company and hearing your voice was a pleasure. Now, I dont have to imagine "who is qorax". I can say, I know the person who is helping here so many. Now I am nearby and driving also count me in next time in group meeting. See you some other time soon.
bye

afin

Dec 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-1-2010
Doc's Request.
23-2-2010
AOR Received.
25-4-2010
IELTS Request
with full documents
File Transfer...
3-3-2010
Med's Request
waiting " In Process" from 31/5/11
How is the North York area for living and how far it is from central places like down town ,will be gratefull if you can reoly-

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afin said:
How is the North York area for living and how far it is from central places like down town ,will be gratefull if you can reoly-
It is a nice place to live. And down town is 13-14Km away from it takes 20-25 min.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
afin said:
North York - Don Mills subway- take subway to Sheppard( 7 minutes), get down take yellow line subway to Union( 20 munutes). Get down at Union and you are in downtown. $2.5 (by coin) is the rent. Going by car it will take more time.

North York from Airport : 30-40 minutes by Taxi- Charges $90-100
2 Hours by ( TTC Bus + Subway)

I feel North York is mini China Town. It is good but expensive place.
Hope this helps.

A

anushauc

afin said:
Agree with Explorer :)
I live here for the last close to 3 mths since I landed. Let me know if you have any specific queries.
Finch & Yonge in North York has all connectivity required to go in any direction as GTA is pretty huge. That is where I have rented a Condo unit 3 weeks back. South of Yonge is Toronto Downtown and Yonge is the longest road in the world. North York By itself has a mini downtown & spreads across near Scarborough which is East York. You hae all facilities required here and will not need a car while here.

Cheers

Sha_sha

Apr 11, 2010
Hi anu, staying in Brampton would be a nice idea in the initial days of landing? Will it be helpful in the job search process? If am renting a basement apartment in Brampton for $850 what should I expect? Please give me some idea about this.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sha_sha said:
Hi anu, staying in Brampton would be a nice idea in the initial days of landing? Will it be helpful in the job search process? If am renting a basement apartment in Brampton for $850 what should I expect? Please give me some idea about this.
Basement in $850 is very expensive. Good basements are available in $600-650 with all the aminities included. First have a look at any basement before renting it. Some basements are very suffocating, no windows( not even small). You would not makeout if it is day or night outside. Initially landed immigrants should rent on month to month basis cause they are not sure where they get the job and may have to move.

Canadian4U

May 12, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
Basement in $850 is very expensive. Good basements are available in $600-650 with all the aminities included. First have a look at any basement before renting it. Some basements are very suffocating, no windows( not even small). You would not makeout if it is day or night outside. Initially landed immigrants should rent on month to month basis cause they are not sure where they get the job and may have to move.
Good piece of information. Thanks +1 for you.

Yes initially you should rent on month to month basis.

Regards

A

anushauc

Sha_sha said:
I second Explorer on this as well.
Firstly land and have an idea of the topology before you decide a place.
Our personal experience : Every single interviewer / recruiter we have met have asked us on the location ( intersection )of our residence and decides our commutable radius based on the means of transportation available there. - If this helps you.

Regards,
Anusha & Chari

D

drgladiator

thanks explorer...god bless..[quote author=explorer101 link=topic=46132.msg417368#msg417368 date=1284031983]
[/quote]

docv

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
hi everybdy,
i hv one querry.i am landing on 2nd of oct ,i would like to know how difficult is it to get an apartment on monthly basis
at reasonable rent.
thanks a lot
docv

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
docv said:
hi everybdy,
i hv one querry.i am landing on 2nd of oct ,i would like to know how difficult is it to get an apartment on monthly basis
at reasonable rent.
thanks a lot
docv
By an "Apartment" if u mean an Independent Condo - it'd be tough to get one w/out an Annual Lease Contract. But Basements (1/2BRs), u definitely can get on a month-to-month basis.

Qorax