+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed Immigrants in Toronto/GTA - Lets Network /Meet

akb110

Jun 22, 2010
Dear All

I am a new landed immigrant from India, Mumbai presently staying near Eglinton Square. I would like to be part of get together and networking meeting.

Is it possible for me to join the meeting.

Regards

A

anushauc

akb110 said:
Dear All

I am a new landed immigrant from India, Mumbai presently staying near Eglinton Square. I would like to be part of get together and networking meeting.

Is it possible for me to join the meeting.

Regards
Hi,

One of us will post the details of the next meeting which is expected to be by the 25th of this month. You can join the google groups once you show up and meet us all in person. Captain Dutta ( Qorax ) will also post on this and in teh Dubai2Canada blog as well. Keep looking out.

Regards,
Anusha & Chari

lala je

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anushauc said:
People who have landed in the last couple of months - Lets meet/discuss - job opportunities, shopping, housing and other settlement issues. Lets meet near a subway/bus connected area , so that its easy for all to commute.

We landed on 21st June and are currently living in the North York , Toronto area with my aunt. I am a banker and my husband is an IT infrastructure manager.
We are actively looking for jobs and a place to live in a well connected area.

Any thoughts are welcome ..

Cheers

A

anushauc

Ok - Members, here's the details of our Next Meet, that has now been finalized !

Meeting Organizers
Dubai2Canada Group AND Landed Immigrants in Toronto/GTA - Lets Network /Meet

Meet Coordinator:
Member "Qorax” & “AnushaUC” from Canadavisa.Com

Date of Meeting:
25th Sep 2010

Time of Meeting:
11:00 AM (Until we wish to stay back and spend time, over lunch)

Venue of Meet:
Food Court at the Centerpoint Mall, Yonge & Steeles Ave Intersection in Toronto

( See First Search Result : http://www.google.ca/search?q=centerpoint+mall&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a )

TTC Bus Stop:
Right on the intersection (Young-Steeles Ave)

Tenure of Meet:
2-4hrs. Or more as per personal choice

Type of gathering:
Family Event, Casual Networking, Kids r Welcome

Theme of Event:
Get-together over Lunch @ Mall Food Court (Self-Paid)

Transportation Advice
1. Reach Finch TTC Subway Junction (Any Public Transport – GO, Mississauga, Brampton – YRT, TTC)
2. TTC Bus towards North – Route 97, 97B, 97C. Max of 10 Mins from Finch Subway

Note:
- Plz be informed that members r coming from various areas, viz. Scarborough, Toronto & North York, Mississauga & Brampton.
- The meet is open to everyone, even if u r not in the Canadavisa.Com forum. So, ALL ARE WELCOME.
- It's a good way of networking for all new comers. We can grow our friend's circle. Be it from any region. (This will benefit all of us in multiple ways)

All desiring members of this forum r most welcome to join us. We'll be more than happy to get to know each other. If u r willing to join plz, post your willingness and PM either our Leader “Qorax” – Captain Dutta or us (AnushaUC) . There on we can share our contacts and go from there. Thus, we can touch-base for pre-checks, if any.

PS: This message can be passed on to benefit one and all. All are welcome. We are expecting around 15 people at this point of time.

See u there...

Anusha & Chari

afin

Dec 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-1-2010
Doc's Request.
23-2-2010
AOR Received.
25-4-2010
IELTS Request
with full documents
File Transfer...
3-3-2010
Med's Request
waiting " In Process" from 31/5/11
Anushauc/explorer ,

Thanks for your information for North York Area ,as sought by you my requirement is sepcifice .I am searching the accomodation in these areas Baroness Cres/Medeca st,/Mosedale cres/sandbourne cres/seneca hill /axsmith cres,ashstead/Hobart Dr/

how is the availability of accomodation ( Apartments/Flats/) in these areas. and what may be the range for 1 BR flat .

with kind regards

)

A

anushauc

afin said:
Anushauc/explorer ,

Thanks for your information for North York Area ,as sought by you my requirement is sepcifice .I am searching the accomodation in these areas Baroness Cres/Medeca st,/Mosedale cres/sandbourne cres/seneca hill /axsmith cres,ashstead/Hobart Dr/

how is the availability of accomodation ( Apartments/Flats/) in these areas. and what may be the range for 1 BR flat .

with kind regards
)
Afin,

Truly speaking, I have no clue on the areas you mention & nor have I been to these places. Seneca & Finch is good & I have a family friend there. Availability depends on the time you require and will vary. Prices will depend on how interior you are willing to go and what facilities are available with them and at the close by places. You should be able to find them on Mls.Ca or some other renting website online. You will find, Condos, Apts, Flats, Town houses, independent houses, basements etc. It would have various facilities and features and rent may or may not include your heat & other utilities. So its basically your choice and you will need to land and see to decide.

Regards,

rey-shi

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
2281 / 1231 / 0631
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 01, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb 03, 2010
AOR Received.
May 27, 2010
Med's Request
July 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 11, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 08, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 18, 2010
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Hi to all,

We are still waiting for our PPR and hoping to land there early nxt yr. We hope there will be next meeting once we landed in toronto.

Regards to all and hope to see you soon.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Toronto-FriendsCircle : Next Meet

Guys, just a soft reminder that we r meeting tomorrow, 25 Sep 2010.

-Time: 11:00 AM
-Venue: Centre Point Mall, Toronto (Food Court)
-Area: Yonge & Steeles Intersection
-Coordinator: member "AnushaUC"
-Type: Family Get-Together (Kids Welcome!)

Plz mark your calendars, do not forget!
Qorax

P

pv

oops... don't know how come I was thinking its on 26th... the sunday

I wanted to meet all our forum frens.. but will miss this time, going to niagara falls tomorrow morning

Will keep checking for next meet

have fun guys.

tasmac

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
>>Guys, just a soft reminder that we r meeting tomorrow, 25 Oct 2010.

Captain ... tomm is 25 Sep ...

LOL :D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tasmac said:
>>Guys, just a soft reminder that we r meeting tomorrow, 25 Oct 2010.

Captain ... tomm is 25 Sep ...

LOL :D
Sorry... Brain's N/W, I guess!!!
Being amended...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
qorax said:
Toronto-FriendsCircle : Next Meet

Guys, just a soft reminder that we r meeting tomorrow, 25 Sep 2010.

-Time: 11:00 AM
-Venue: Centre Point Mall, Toronto (Food Court)
-Area: Yonge & Steeles Intersection
-Coordinator: member "AnushaUC"
-Type: Family Get-Together (Kids Welcome!)

Plz mark your calendars, do not forget!
Qorax
Another Meet Successfully Completed...
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !

Hi Guys,

We had a wonderful time today!!! Thanks to member Anushauc, the get-together was very well organized. The timing was right, the weather was great, the venue was perfect, the attendees were fab, the discussions were fantastic AND of course - the Food was nice too!

We had an awesome gentry at today's meet. There were 13 attendees, the following is the list:

1. Ms. Anusha
2. Chari
3. Ms. Angela
(NEW)
4. Arun (NEW)
5. S. Kumar (NEW)
6. "Explorer101" (NEW)
7. Sohail (Raj's Son)(NEW)
8. Harsharaj (NEW)
9. "RPN" (NEW)
10. Thomas (Owner of www.safehomstay.com)(NEW)
11. "Krishan" (Trackitt)
12. "Adacol" (Trackitt)
13. "Qorax"

Duration: We all were punctual (no one was late - for the 1st time). Assembled at 11:00 AM in the Food Court of Centre Point Mall, had coffee & later shifted the venue to a proper Restaurant (for privacy & buffet). The event ended at 4:00 PM.

Special Mention/s:

1. THE LADIES: As we always say - GRATITUDE Ma'ams - Anusha & Angela! For taking time off from your busy schedules to join us. Our gatherings, albeit, gets better with your presence!!!

2. All NEW JOINERS: Thank U, for making it. It was a pleasure knowing u folks. And we hope u liked interacting with us... I sure did. And look forward to many more hereon!

3. Mr. KUMAR: Sir, it was great meeting u. U brought-in some fab anecdotes... & your experiences were awesome to reminiscent, since u were too an Ex-Dubaian!

4. "EXPLORER101": Thanx buddy - need I say more?

5. Mr. THOMAS: It was wonderful meeting u Sir. We had all along known said that www.safehomestay.com was our choice for initial accom in Toronto; & your presence proved how correct we were.

6. OFF COURSE, "ANUSHAUC": Good job done dear!

End Note:

A. We have clicked some photos. I'll upload them at our Google Group site soon.

B. We plan to meet again in a month's time. Hope that suits everyone? And some of us should take the initiative to coordinate, any takers?

Thanks & regards; C u guys soon...

Qorax

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday's meeting was fabulous, i did not expect that it is going to so much of fun all day. Had such a pleasurable day after a long time. The company of new immigrants, sharing of info, exchanging views delighted me. I never felt that we were strangers and meeting for the first time. The exotic food also made my taste buds awake and I really eat a lot. Looking forward for next meeting. Thank you all ;D

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Hi all,

It was my first meeting and I really enjoyed the time. If I can manage time I will definitely continue meeting with you all. I appreate Ms. Anusah and Chari's initiative for such arrangement. It was my pleasure to meet Capt. Dutta and other members of the forum. I could able to clarify some of my quiries during the meeting. I invite the other forum members who recently landed please join the next meeting. See you guys.

RPN

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Excellent Steps by Boss Qorax.
I hope there would still be such meetings for us when we'd land there in Toronto.