+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed as PR / Problem with address notification for PR Card

Sep 9, 2018
I am going crazy trying to use the ECAS login and despite many attempts using different identification forms (making sure in correct format too) it cannot find me. I'm thinking it might be this "place of birth" being country versus city. Were you able to resolve it by phone and if so, what number did you call or any suggestions? I need/want to make sure my address is up to date.
On side note, they haven't replied to emails through the Webform to know if my address is updated or not though I sent a few over the course of the last couple weeks including sending Webform email with address change information in it. Hard to reach anyone!
Thanks for any advice.
Hey there!
So it turns out the immigration officer at POE didn't 'confirm' my PR when I landed. I waited for a week since call center wanted me to 'give it more time'. Then I figured this out after multiple calls to CIC call center. The officer apparently didn't finish the last step. So I went back to the airport to get this updated. The airport immigration office was very friendly and resolved my issue in minutes.

Unless your landing and PR is confirmed, you wouldn't be able to pull up your info using the form. That's what call center told me.

I suspect this is also the reason why I didn't get my SIN card yet when I went to apply for SIN card BEFORE I figured out the issue with my landing! Service Canada had to do a paper application for my SIN card when usually others get it in minutes. I am back in US now. Oh well!

Geet_6608

Jul 21, 2019
Hello everyone,

During our landing as PR which we completed (as family) a couple of days ago, the officer did not take into account the address which I provided since it was a temporary one. Instead he has provided a form with a link to CIC website to notify the address where the PR card will be sent to, once that "reliable" address would be known.

Now that we are inland and have an address at hand, I went to the CIC link to submit the address as per the instruction of the officer:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

However, when I fill in the details, i.e. COPR document number etc, the system gives this message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Can anyone provide some direction here please, as to why I am getting such a message and how could we work over the problem?

Sorry, I read volumes about this subject previously in this forum; I thought handling the process would be straightforward, but now I am little bit puzzled.

Thanks

HI,

I landed on 28th July and the officer told me to update the address online. However I am not able to log into ecas as the same message is showing up again and again. how did you resolved this?

thanks

Geet_6608

Jul 21, 2019
Hey there!
So it turns out the immigration officer at POE didn't 'confirm' my PR when I landed. I waited for a week since call center wanted me to 'give it more time'. Then I figured this out after multiple calls to CIC call center. The officer apparently didn't finish the last step. So I went back to the airport to get this updated. The airport immigration office was very friendly and resolved my issue in minutes.

Unless your landing and PR is confirmed, you wouldn't be able to pull up your info using the form. That's what call center told me.

I suspect this is also the reason why I didn't get my SIN card yet when I went to apply for SIN card BEFORE I figured out the issue with my landing! Service Canada had to do a paper application for my SIN card when usually others get it in minutes. I am back in US now. Oh well!
Thanks

CA_Immigration_Noob

May 18, 2018
HI,

I landed on 28th July and the officer told me to update the address online. However I am not able to log into ecas as the same message is showing up again and again. how did you resolved this?

thanks
Hi Geet_6608...Did you manage your PR card? Pls share what worked for you. Am stuck in the same position as you

Geet_6608

Jul 21, 2019
Hi Geet_6608...Did you manage your PR card? Pls share what worked for you. Am stuck in the same position as you
Hi, Yes I did got my PR Card. Please call CIC customer care number in early morning like 8 am and get your address updated on call. It will be done and your PR card will be delivered in a week. Their online system doesn't work at all. I got my PR card by calling them and getting my address updated.

Hope it helps!

asfrh

Mar 30, 2018
Doha, Qatar
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Hi, Yes I did got my PR Card. Please call CIC customer care number in early morning like 8 am and get your address updated on call. It will be done and your PR card will be delivered in a week. Their online system doesn't work at all. I got my PR card by calling them and getting my address updated.

Hope it helps!
Two quick questions. How long did it take for the PR to be issued from the date when they received your address? Was there anywhere in your documents where you could tell that the officer didn't confirm the PR?

Did my first landing yesterday and I am getting the same error message you got. Unfortunately I can't get a hold of the IRCC due the volume of calls they are receiving so they just end my call with a voice message saying to check online.

Jktarik

Jun 10, 2020
Hi
I landed recently and I am facing the same issues described above with address notification
Worst, with Covid it’s apprently imposssible to talk to an agent over phone
Anybody fixed this recently ?
Thanks

Newbie062020

Jun 21, 2020
Hi
I landed recently and I am facing the same issues described above with address notification
Thanks
Landed on 19th June and stuck in the same phase. Were you able to reach out to CIC or anyone form CBSA?

Newbie062020

Jun 21, 2020

Hope it helps!
hi, could you please pass on the cic number you reached out. I tried to dial in the number 18882422100 and the call does not go through.

thanks

asfrh

Mar 30, 2018
Doha, Qatar
AOR Received.
30-09-2018
Hi
Thanks
I called early morning, around 8 am and had to wait for about 1 hour, eventually, I managed to get a hold of an agent and they took my address. FYI, the processing time for the PR card is now around 118 days so It's been more than 3 months and I haven't received my card yet.