+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landed as PR / Problem with address notification for PR Card

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

During our landing as PR which we completed (as family) a couple of days ago, the officer did not take into account the address which I provided since it was a temporary one. Instead he has provided a form with a link to CIC website to notify the address where the PR card will be sent to, once that "reliable" address would be known.

Now that we are inland and have an address at hand, I went to the CIC link to submit the address as per the instruction of the officer:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

However, when I fill in the details, i.e. COPR document number etc, the system gives this message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Can anyone provide some direction here please, as to why I am getting such a message and how could we work over the problem?

Sorry, I read volumes about this subject previously in this forum; I thought handling the process would be straightforward, but now I am little bit puzzled.

Thanks

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
What were the three possible reasons it listed?

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi mgnlky:
This is the complete text I am quoting:

********************************************************************************************
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

• Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times
  • At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
********************************************************************************************

For info, I landed as PR on 18th Jan 2018.

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
Hi mgnlky:

• This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);

Did it resolve for you?

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
Yes. The birth city needed to be typed exactly as in the eAPR system. Could link my applications afterward. Could change the address over phone. Got notified when PR cards were approved.

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
Yes. The birth city needed to be typed exactly as in the eAPR system. Could link my applications afterward. Could change the address over phone. Got notified when PR cards were approved.
Does it even ask for Birth City? For me it only asks for : UCI, Family Name, Date of Birth, Country of Birth.
Would you mind the link you are using? I am using this link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

this is the screenshot:

Reactions: aurelero

usthb

Star Member
Sep 18, 2017
I got several options on scroll down list wether I would search by UCI number, COPR number, etc. I think it does not matter too much. Your details shall be per data on your eAPR file with 100% match. Make sure also that you called CIC upfront to have address updated.
Pretty sure it did ask me for city of birth by the way.

Last edited:

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
do u solve the problem? I am in the same trouble.
Yes, Had already faxed them the filled-scanned form.
Also called them on the number available on the Address Notification form to confirm if details were they entered were correct. It turned out that they had mistyped some part of my address. So corrected it over the phone.
Waiting for the card now.

Bern Ambe

May 19, 2018
Yes, Had already faxed them the filled-scanned form.
Also called them on the number available on the Address Notification form to confirm if details were they entered were correct. It turned out that they had mistyped some part of my address. So corrected it over the phone.
Waiting for the card now.
Could you please help me with a fax number that you

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
Could you please help me with a fax number that you
Fax No. 1-902-564-7317.
It is present on the "Address Notification - Permanent Resident Card" Form that one gets from the VO at the time of landing only.

Else you may call 1-888-242-2100 (from within Canada) OR 1-613-944-4000 (from Outside Canada)

rkaur2829

Sep 3, 2018
Hi mgnlky:

Hi
I am getting exactly the same message on typing my receipt number (IMM 5401), it says 'We were not able to identify you......' the same message you typed above.
I am getting my information on choosing other options like UCI number OR Application number. I am getting above same message as yours on entering my receipt number. Could you please help, how can I resolve this?

I have done my medical, my medical has been received. I have paid RPRF fee and got receipt number. Unfortunately, receipt number is not working to get information on https://services3.cic.gc.ca

Sears123

Jan 25, 2018
Hello @mj_toronto

Where did you get the form to fill and scan ? And do you remember the digits after we dial the number to quickly reach the agent ? I have been trying but so far couldn't get hold of anybody.

Thanks

Jun 17, 2019
This is because the form at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do has a field called 'PLACE OF BIRTH' which only has dropdown values that list 'COUNTRY OF BIRTH'.

Someone at CIC didn't think this through :) I am on call with CIC. Will keep you posted.
I am going crazy trying to use the ECAS login and despite many attempts using different identification forms (making sure in correct format too) it cannot find me. I'm thinking it might be this "place of birth" being country versus city. Were you able to resolve it by phone and if so, what number did you call or any suggestions? I need/want to make sure my address is up to date.
On side note, they haven't replied to emails through the Webform to know if my address is updated or not though I sent a few over the course of the last couple weeks including sending Webform email with address change information in it. Hard to reach anyone!
Thanks for any advice.