+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

land in montreal? (destination is BC)

ashk

Apr 14, 2018
Don't worry about landing in Montreal. My wife landed there and cbsa didn't even ask to see my wife's CSQ. The CSQ is only needed when you register for quebec goverment service for the first time. You can landed in Montreal, go out to visit for days or more then continue your trip to final destination.
Thanks for the post its a bit relief for me.
Can you help me out with this:-

I got my pr in Montreal under QSW category and I have my CSQ. My wife has got her approval of pr under spousal category and her province of destination is surrey, BC. I was in surrey when I applied for her case but now I have moved back to Montreal. She has a flight booked already destined to Montreal. So would there be any problem for her if she lands in Montreal or she has to arrive at other ports but quebec? Would she require CSQ to present to the immigration or cbs officer? If not would she be asked to apply for CSQ at the same time or would she be given some timeframe to apply and allowed to enter into canada? If none works what are the other options and to be on safe side what is the best option? What would happen in worst case if she lands in Montreal?

Coz I intend to move to toronto in couple of months and I wanted to stay here temporarily so I didnt update my address.

I have my relatives in Toronto. Should I anyhow book a connecting flight to Toronto to prove as a final destination?

Please Suggest..!!!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/6867465/edit

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
Thanks for the post its a bit relief for me.
Can you help me out with this:-

I got my pr in Montreal under QSW category and I have my CSQ. My wife has got her approval of pr under spousal category and her province of destination is surrey, BC. I was in surrey when I applied for her case but now I have moved back to Montreal. She has a flight booked already destined to Montreal. So would there be any problem for her if she lands in Montreal or she has to arrive at other ports but quebec? Would she require CSQ to present to the immigration or cbs officer? If not would she be asked to apply for CSQ at the same time or would she be given some timeframe to apply and allowed to enter into canada? If none works what are the other options and to be on safe side what is the best option? What would happen in worst case if she lands in Montreal?

Coz I intend to move to toronto in couple of months and I wanted to stay here temporarily so I didnt update my address.

I have my relatives in Toronto. Should I anyhow book a connecting flight to Toronto to prove as a final destination?

Please Suggest..!!!
She can land in Quebec without the csq but she won't be able to get goverment service from Quebec. She'll need to ask for CSQ.

Reactions: ashk

Shineon39

Dec 3, 2015
Yellowknife, Northwest territories
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
22-10-2015
Nomination.....
Csq received 26-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2015 AOR2: 07-01-2016
File Transfer...
17-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-09-2016
So Can she apply for CSQ later? I mean after getting permanent residency?
Yep she can, My wife has a friend who landed in Nova scotia then moved to Quebec with her husband. She applied for CSQ and got it.

Reactions: ashk

ashk

Apr 14, 2018
Yep she can, My wife has a friend who landed in Nova scotia then moved to Quebec with her husband. She applied for CSQ and got it.
Thanks for ur reply. What if she gives montreal address? Even then she can land in montreal? or the address would have to be outside quebec with a proof of onward travel?