+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate -- ILLEGAL document

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Quick update:

My friend just got the "Criminal(Investigation) Records Check Reply" from a police station in Seoul. However, it does not include the lapsed records... they did not give him. I'm gonna upload this one for my additional + LoE hoping they understand. At least this time the title of the certificate complies with what IRCC says (previously I had uploaded Background Check Certificate)

KelseyKk

Aug 14, 2020
So is your husband Korean citizen? As I know Korean citizen can get it easily but not foreigners like us who just lived in Korea for few years.
Ohhh sorry I didn’t realize you weren’t a Korean citizen. Yeah he is, so I guess that’s why they gave it to him so easily.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Quick update:

My friend just got the "Criminal(Investigation) Records Check Reply" from a police station in Seoul. However, it does not include the lapsed records... they did not give him. I'm gonna upload this one for my additional + LoE hoping they understand. At least this time the title of the certificate complies with what IRCC says (previously I had uploaded Background Check Certificate)
I got accepted, my status on Gckey for additional documents changed to "not applicable" and I got pre arrival letter today.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
I got accepted, my status on Gckey for additional documents changed to "not applicable" and I got pre arrival letter today.
Great news! So you'd uploaded the "Background Check Certificate" and they asked for "Criminals Records Check Reply" ? Or you'd uploaded "Criminals Records Check Reply" without the lapsed records and they asked you to provide one with the lapsed records?

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Great news! So you'd uploaded the "Background Check Certificate" and they asked for "Criminals Records Check Reply" ? Or you'd uploaded "Criminals Records Check Reply" without the lapsed records and they asked you to provide one with the lapsed records?
Because I joined this topic before I submitted so I submitted only one time for "Criminals Records Check Reply" without the detailed records together with 3 pages of explanation letter

Reactions: emrzed

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Because I joined this topic before I submitted so I submitted only one time for "Criminals Records Check Reply" without the detailed records together with 3 pages of explanation letter
Right. For my current additional, I also submitted "Criminal Records Check Reply" without Lapsed Records +7 pages of explanation!. I hope this time they understand and accept my document.

Reactions: tham_son

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Quick update:

I hope that you will get it through this time. I was in the similar situation couple months ago. Around then my city was still under lockdown that I couldn't even get the Background Check Certificate. My friend in Korea also couldn't get me the right one. So I had to pay allmingwon (crazy expensive) for their services to get me the Criminal(Investigation) Records Check Reply with lapsed records. I was happy that IRCC accepted my Korean PCC.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
I hope that you will get it through this time. I was in the similar situation couple months ago. Around then my city was still under lockdown that I couldn't even get the Background Check Certificate. My friend in Korea also couldn't get me the right one. So I had to pay allmingwon (crazy expensive) for their services to get me the Criminal(Investigation) Records Check Reply with lapsed records. I was happy that IRCC accepted my Korean PCC.
Good that it's over for you now. Did you upload it when submitting your application or they asked the document as an additional afterward?

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Hahaha I got new email today asking Vietnam and Korea Police Check Certificate again. They need an update since the date I submitted application until now.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hahaha I got new email today asking Vietnam and Korea Police Check Certificate again. They need an update since the date I submitted application until now.
wow again. Does it specifically say in your additional that your police certificate must have "Lapsed Records"?

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
wow again. Does it specifically say in your additional that your police certificate must have "Lapsed Records"?
What they say:

For South Korea police certificate:
If the Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (CIRCR) shows any criminal charge or conviction, you must also submit:
• Summary Order issued by the Prosecutor's Office which includes details of each criminal case and Criminal Fact;
• Documentary evidence supporting the result of each sentence;
• Relevant sections of the Korean Law applicable to each criminal case charged;
• Certificate of Fine Payment and/or Final Disposition for each criminal charge;
• Own detailed written explanation concerning the circumstances surrounding and leading up to each criminal charge listed on the CIRCR.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
What they say:

For South Korea police certificate:
If the Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (CIRCR) shows any criminal charge or conviction, you must also submit:
• Summary Order issued by the Prosecutor's Office which includes details of each criminal case and Criminal Fact;
• Documentary evidence supporting the result of each sentence;
• Relevant sections of the Korean Law applicable to each criminal case charged;
• Certificate of Fine Payment and/or Final Disposition for each criminal charge;
• Own detailed written explanation concerning the circumstances surrounding and leading up to each criminal charge listed on the CIRCR.
So this is for the case when someone does have some criminal records I guess.

tnytny

Oct 13, 2020
I am having the same difficulties getting the police certificate. I went to the embassy in London to get the police certificate with lapsed records and they said that they are not allowed to issue this certificate as this is only possible to obtain from within Korea and even then it's only for personal use so it may be difficult to obtain. So they will issue just the "Background Check (Criminal Records) Certificate".... I will submit this with a LoE explaining the situation and hopefully, the application will go through smoothly.