+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate -- ILLEGAL document

mongchira

Sep 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

Today I got my landing letter - PR approved a week ago.

I submitted the free Criminal Record Check that I got from my local Korean Consulate (in Vancouver).

I also submitted emails from the Korean Police Agency, the Korean Foreign Office, the Korean consulate in Toronto - all stating that the document requested was no longer being issued by the Korean Police Agency. I also submitted emails forwarded to me from other people on this forum and elsewhere who had been officially informed that the document was no longer available. Thank you to all those who helped me in this way.

I am happy to forward any of the emails I received from official sources. It may make a difference that I am NOT KOREAN and do not live in Korea. Still, if I can help anyone through this bit of dodgy legislation, I will.

Thanks again for all your help and support.
Hi, Daryl congratulation. Can i know your email please? Just in case when i can't get my police clearance from Korea then I will need your guidance to email the IRCC. Still trying to get one in Korea. So far just went to 1 polj

lizhiying

Sep 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

I submitted the free Criminal Record Check that I got from my local Korean Consulate (in Vancouver).

I also submitted emails from the Korean Police Agency, the Korean Foreign Office, the Korean consulate in Toronto - all stating that the document requested was no longer being issued by the Korean Police Agency. I also submitted emails forwarded to me from other people on this forum and elsewhere who had been officially informed that the document was no longer available. Thank you to all those who helped me in this way.

I am happy to forward any of the emails I received from official sources. It may make a difference that I am NOT KOREAN and do not live in Korea. Still, if I can help anyone through this bit of dodgy legislation, I will.

Dear DaryIM,

Congratulation for getting your Canadian PR. I read your post on the forum. I have same problem with getting Police Certificate from South Korea ( including lapsed of Criminal Sentence). Could you please forward to me those emails from the Korean Police Agency, the Korean Foreign Office, the Korean consulate in Toronto - all stating that the document requested was no longer being issued by the Korean Police Agency. My email address is zhehe.zhang@gmail.com

I really appreciate it !!!

Sincerely,
Zhiying Li

khayedh

Oct 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hi, Can you also share those emails to me at kedh_28@hotmail.com? I'm also struggling how can I get this document. Thank you so much!

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hi,

Can you please forward the emails to me as well - tejas.utah@gmail.com?
Thanks for your help and congratulations!

wentzelg123

Oct 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hello DaryIM,

Would it be possible for you to forward those emails to me? gerberwentzel@gmail.com

This sounds like an impossible mission. Your message gave me some hope.

stellazz47

Oct 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hi! I just got my PR application CANCELLED because of this, I just submitted the criminal records check that I got from the consulate in Toronto, I didn't even think it was an issue! I'm going to call CIC tomorrow and see what can be done. Could you also forward those emails to me, that would be amazing!! estellemccaughan@hotmail.co.uk

ersabine

Star Member
Feb 15, 2018
I asked my friend to apply on the behalf of me, but they havent put my ARC number and the address is last korean address of mine. Now I am outside Korea. Is it fine or not ? I also have police report which I got one day before I left Korea?

litles9191

Oct 19, 2019
Hi all. This is so sad and frustrating! Why can't they change the rule! DarylM thanks for such an informative post. I've seen mixed things about allminwon in terms of whether or not they do the required police check. However they are still advertising it on their website, so if I get a confirmation that they will do it on MOnday I'm going to take the risk and go for it. Without close friends or family in Korea I don't really have a choice.

If anyone has any good documents or official websites that state it's illegal, would you mind please emailing me? rosiesugar555@gmail.com

Last edited:

hsetayesh

Nov 4, 2019
hi everyone,
my husband and I have a same problem.our application was cancelled because in police certificate doesnt indicate in including any lapsed records. I will appreciate you if you can send those screenshots that help him to get canadian PR to my email.
h.setayesh986@gmail.com

hsetayesh

Nov 4, 2019
Hi everyone,

I extremely appreciate you, if you send me those emails.
h.setayesh986@gmail.com