+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Korean Police Certificate -- ILLEGAL document

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
My husband's mom was able to get it for us 2 weeks ago. We originally submitted the "legal" one upfront with the application, but received a request to submit one with lapsed records on 8/8, so I think IRCC still doesn't allow the other type.

By the way, can we form a whatspp group for Korean applicants? I can barely find any Korean applicants in this forum to discuss about application status with.
That's good to know you managed to get the correct PCC. I wonder how your husband's mom did to get this version ? I'm sure many would like to know how,

saxiaoli

Aug 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-19-2018
She just did same thing as before, except that she mentioned the need of including lapsed records (she didn't mention it last time). If it helps, she did it in Daegu.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
She just did same thing as before, except that she mentioned the need of including lapsed records (she didn't mention it last time). If it helps, she did it in Daegu.
The reason I ask is because I experienced (and others too) a lot of resistance from the police clerk telling it's illegal and cannot be done, even if it is the applicant herself who presented to ask it. Maybe the restriction get relaxed lately ?

saxiaoli

Aug 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-19-2018
Not sure if the restriction was lifted lately or we just got lucky to meet an official who didn't know it's illegal to get that.

Rogie

Sep 7, 2018
Not sure if the restriction was lifted lately or we just got lucky to meet an official who didn't know it's illegal to get that.
Hi, I hope you have solved the police report problem.

Do you have any new information about applying for these records in S. Korea. I am very interested in this problem as well.

I plan on sponsoring my Korean wife (inbound) from Canada next May. We are in S. Korea now, and my plan was to go with her to the Police Center, and hopefully, apply and get the police reports while we are in Korea and take them with us to Canada; I believe they are good for 6 months.
So, my wife is Korean, and I am hoping that it would be straight forward for her to apply for that police report - including the checking for lapsed records part as well.
By the way, we live in Gyeongsan, so, we would go to either the Gyeongsan Police center or the Daegu Police center - I guess or think!

saxiaoli

Aug 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-19-2018
Hi, I hope you have solved the police report problem.

Do you have any new information about applying for these records in S. Korea. I am very interested in this problem as well.

I plan on sponsoring my Korean wife (inbound) from Canada next May. We are in S. Korea now, and my plan was to go with her to the Police Center, and hopefully, apply and get the police reports while we are in Korea and take them with us to Canada; I believe they are good for 6 months.
So, my wife is Korean, and I am hoping that it would be straight forward for her to apply for that police report - including the checking for lapsed records part as well.
By the way, we live in Gyeongsan, so, we would go to either the Gyeongsan Police center or the Daegu Police center - I guess or think!
Yep! We've got the police report including lapsed records and uploaded them to GCKey, but haven't heard back from CIC yet.
I'd suggest you try Daegu Police center, that's where we were able to get the report :) Good luck!

Rogie

Sep 7, 2018
Yep! We've got the police report including lapsed records and uploaded them to GCKey, but haven't heard back from CIC yet.
I'd suggest you try Daegu Police center, that's where we were able to get the report :) Good luck!
Thanks so much for replying to me.

Someone, earlier, mentioned allminwon, (BM Korea). That looks like a very very good site, AND, it seems at that site, a person can get the translation AND the notarization of the documents, all done at the same time. It does not mention on the site if the police check included the lapsed record check - that is ONE concern.

I am happy that you got the police records. Were the police records in Korean though? If they were in Korean, didn't you have to get them translated to English and notarized before submitting them.

I was planning to get all of the documents here in Korea before we go to Canada and then, send all of the documents (police records, marriage relation, family relation documents and accompanying translations and notarizations) and then, include them in the original application to sponsor my Korean wife.

Thanks again for answering and any advice or response is appreciated.

saxiaoli

Aug 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-19-2018

Someone, earlier, mentioned allminwon, (BM Korea). That looks like a very very good site, AND, it seems at that site, a person can get the translation AND the notarization of the documents, all done at the same time. It does not mention on the site if the police check included the lapsed record check - that is ONE concern.

I am happy that you got the police records. Were the police records in Korean though? If they were in Korean, didn't you have to get them translated to English and notarized before submitting them.

I was planning to get all of the documents here in Korea before we go to Canada and then, send all of the documents (police records, marriage relation, family relation documents and accompanying translations and notarizations) and then, include them in the original application to sponsor my Korean wife.

I've never heard of allminwon, so I can't comment on that.
The police record is 1 page (assuming you don't have any criminal records), and it is in both Korean and English by default. So no translation is needed!

Rogie

Sep 7, 2018
I've never heard of allminwon, so I can't comment on that.
The police record is 1 page (assuming you don't have any criminal records), and it is in both Korean and English by default. So no translation is needed!
OH - thanks so much for your reply. The police record IS in English - that's great - I assumed it was only Korean. Super, one less translation fee.

And, just one page if no record, which I assume my wife has no record.
And, is the extra check for ALL records and (criminal etc) and all lapsed records and gaps in history, etc., (as mentioned below), do you think that is just a one page report, or is that another form that must be applied for at the same time?

From the guide: "You should apply for a Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) from a Korean National Police station in Korea. Please note that the police certificate must indicate that all records have been searched, including any lapsed records (실효된 형 포함). You should specifically request a search on your entire record, including Criminal Records (including lapsed criminal sentences), and investigation records. "

Last edited:

saxiaoli

Aug 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-19-2018
OH - thanks so much for your reply. The police record IS in English - that's great - I assumed it was only Korean. Super, one less translation fee.

And, just one page if no record, which I assume my wife has no record.
And, is the extra check for ALL records and (criminal etc) and all lapsed records and gaps in history, etc., (as mentioned below), do you think that is just a one page report, or is that another form that must be applied for at the same time?

From the guide: "You should apply for a Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서) from a Korean National Police station in Korea. Please note that the police certificate must indicate that all records have been searched, including any lapsed records (실효된 형 포함). You should specifically request a search on your entire record, including Criminal Records (including lapsed criminal sentences), and investigation records. "
It's one page containing everything. The difference between a regular report and a report including lapsed records is that they add one sentence saying that this report "includes checking lapsed records" lol.

Reactions: Rogie

Rogie

Sep 7, 2018
It's one page containing everything. The difference between a regular report and a report including lapsed records is that they add one sentence saying that this report "includes checking lapsed records" lol.
Thank you saxiaoli, very much appreciated. Now, we will know when we go to get the form that we are getting the correct/right one.

Reactions: saxiaoli

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Does anyone living outside Korea able to get the correct "Criminal (Investigation) Records Check Reply (범죄· 수사경력 회보서)" with lapsed records after paying their fees of approx 80$.

I am in Korea but Korean police guys say they can't issue this to foreigners but not able to show which rule. They showed rule in Korea which infact says we can get certificate for Visa but they were saying its sayng u can't get etc.. so sort of confusing..

I somehow got it by almost begging them but unable to get for my spouse lviing in India.. Her ARC is expired too.. Anyone got above certificate from allminwon than please reply back.

thanks

Paul57

Sep 15, 2018

Hi Reggie,
Any feedback for the allminwon (BM Korea)? I am planning to use their services but wanted to know any feedback or experience from others

Paul57

Sep 15, 2018

Sorry Rogie. I said Reggie on my first reply.
Any feedback for the allminwon (BM Korea)? I am planning to use their services but wanted to know any feedback or experience from others

Hi Reggie,

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Hello everyone,

I also have the same problem. Currently I am in Korea. I went to police office and they refused to give that Check Reply saying it's only for south koreans. They advised me to apply through korean embassy or consulate but according to embassy's website they only give Check Reply without lapsed records! That's nonsense. What shall I do?((