+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener local office after Bill C6

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
I am a March 2018 applicant, in process since June 20. I received my GCMS notes effective oct 22 and there is absolutely no movement on my file except criminality which is marked passed.

Well done Kitchener office, hope things move a tad bit faster.

Reactions: iamluz

rssumal

Feb 18, 2014
Question to all -

Is it normal for a Kitchener resident to have the Fingerprint request received from IRCC, Greater Toronto Area - CEN, 15th Floor, 325 Milner Ave, Scarborough ON?

As in, I thought my processing office will be Kitchener? Please advise.

@rssumal - the experience at the DriversCheck office was exceptional! Very friendly staff and I was out in 10 minutes. Related to my current question, did your Fingerprint request originate from the same Scarborough office despite being from KW?
Yes I had the request from the same office. It will not be kitchener as Scarborough is where they verify the fingerprints. Its normal if you have a same last name as lot of other people in the system to verify that the applicant is the right person, in your and my case I guess the last name is Singh which is probably 50 other people with the same last name and first name.

Reactions: singhharneet

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Yes I had the request from the same office. It will not be kitchener as Scarborough is where they verify the fingerprints. Its normal if you have a same last name as lot of other people in the system to verify that the applicant is the right person, in your and my case I guess the last name is Singh which is probably 50 other people with the same last name and first name.
Got it. Makes sense.

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
I am a March 2018 applicant, in process since June 20. I received my GCMS notes effective oct 22 and there is absolutely no movement on my file except criminality which is marked passed.

Well done Kitchener office, hope things move a tad bit faster.
Model_citizen,

Did you try to call them? You can ask whether they initiated the security check and whether the application is routine or not. Did you receive fingerprint request?

Lingking

Aug 27, 2018
Man this KW office seems to be slow! They received my app on Jan 28th 2018-no test date yet. I am hoping I receive the test date before 2019, but I am not confident. It looks almost guaranteed, that folks that applied in Jan 2018 will not done in <1yr. Slackers...

rssumal

Feb 18, 2014
Man this KW office seems to be slow! They received my app on Jan 28th 2018-no test date yet. I am hoping I receive the test date before 2019, but I am not confident. It looks almost guaranteed, that folks that applied in Jan 2018 will not done in <1yr. Slackers...
Same here. App received in the end of January 2018 but no test date yet. Kitchener office is turning out to be the slowest.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --&gt; CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Mine was received on 13 Oct 2017. Still nothing except AOR in 2017. Ordered GCMS, called helpline to nudge them. Nothing has worked so far. Kitchener office sucks :(

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
What I am hearing on this thread is mind boggling to say the least. How is it possible that applications from October have no test dates? I wished more people from Kitchener updated this thread and we could have a better picture

Lingking

Aug 27, 2018
wow oct 2017 and no test date, that's insane. I'm screwed if mine takes that long, I need it for a federal job. Reading other threads it looks like if it takes more than the 12 months quoted on the CIC website, you should make a big fuss, call your mp ect. I really cant understand why it takes so long. It is basically the same checks as PR renewal yet that only takes a couple of months. I should have applied sooner. Up until only recently they were estimating 6 months on the CIC website. A buddy of mine got his in like 5 months total in 2017.

Reactions: Uranus

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Sharing my Timeline here :

AOR in April 2018 . IP on July 17, 2018, called CIC. File is in Kitchener office, CIC agent confirmed no other requests whatsoever.

So… Still waiting…

montesir

Apr 3, 2016
Sharing my Timeline here :

AOR in April 2018 . IP on July 17, 2018, called CIC. File is in Kitchener office, CIC agent confirmed no other requests whatsoever.

So… Still waiting…
I somehow feel they are processing applications based on landing date. There are many candidates who could not apply earlier because of the 4 year rule which was subsequently changed back to 3 years. So if someone who was under the 4 year rule and someone under the 3 year rule apply at the same time, the person under the 4 year rule gets priority (unless there are delays in their application due to other reasons such as security checks etc). It’s fair and makes sense.

Applied: Feb 2018
In process: May 2018
Test: Nov 2 2018

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
I somehow feel they are processing applications based on landing date. There are many candidates who could not apply earlier because of the 4 year rule which was subsequently changed back to 3 years. So if someone who was under the 4 year rule and someone under the 3 year rule apply at the same time, the person under the 4 year rule gets priority (unless there are delays in their application due to other reasons such as security checks etc). It’s fair and makes sense.

Applied: Feb 2018
In process: May 2018
Test: Nov 2 2018
I do not know how is their workflow based on, but your reasoning makes sense to me. I just feel Kitchener office is quite slow taking consideration of the app volume as compared to other major offices, such as Scarborough. if make prediction according to your timeline, I will most likely get the invite/test in Jan 2019. Have you got the oath date yet?

montesir

Apr 3, 2016
I do not know how is their workflow based on, but your reasoning makes sense to me. I just feel Kitchener office is quite slow taking consideration of the app volume as compared to other major offices, such as Scarborough. if make prediction according to your timeline, I will most likely get the invite/test in Jan 2019. Have you got the oath date yet?
Not yet and no invitation as yet.