+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kitchener local office after Bill C6

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Happy New year!

A quick update. My wife and I had our test and interview this morning, Jan 3 (Location: Kitchener). Both scored 20/20. The test was straight forward. We went through the book twice (strongly recommended) and took a few free online practice tests. Interview took about 10-15 mins. The officer verified all original documents against our application and checked for few stamps on the passport for travel (not all).

The officer indicated that Oath should likely be in early Feb aka. next batch (since we requested urgent processing in early Dec 2018). Thanks everyone. Good luck!
Thanks for sharing and Congrats! Btw. have you talked to anyone else doing the test? what is their application dates/ IP dates you know? Thanks.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Happy New year!

A quick update. My wife and I had our test and interview this morning, Jan 3 (Location: Kitchener). Both scored 20/20. The test was straight forward. We went through the book twice (strongly recommended) and took a few free online practice tests. Interview took about 10-15 mins. The officer verified all original documents against our application and checked for few stamps on the passport for travel (not all).

The officer indicated that Oath should likely be in early Feb aka. next batch (since we requested urgent processing in early Dec 2018). Thanks everyone. Good luck!
Congrats!
Can you share your interview experience with the topics covered? the main subject was about your professional or private life? Or about the time you spent outside of Canada? they seemed more inquisitive or made you more comfortable in a friendly environment?
I understand that this will vary from person to person, but some have posted that the interviewer can sometimes be quite exhausting as if they were not favored with the process. Thanks in advance.

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Agree Oomuchi, it depends on the officer. The reason i say this is, another couple was being interviewed by another officer (next window) and he was pretty loud ..and sometimes a bit blunt. I guess they didnt have all the documents handy (especially COPR).

Ours was very cool, he was very casual, but made eye contact when he asked questions like "have you ever been a citizen of another country besides XYZ, have you been known by any other name? etc" ... Based on my experience, the interview was primarily to verify all the originals (against photocopies we submitted with our application)...My wife has about 3 pages of travel aka. travel calculator (mostly to US) and she didn't have entry/exit stamps for most of them. We took a copy of the I94 report from the website and provided that to the officer. He appreciated the gesture. He did randomly check for few stamps and thats about it. Btw, our status changed to "Decision made" this morning. Pretty fast I must say. And thia am, I see 3 new oath ceremonies in Kitchener on Jan 15 and 16. So I assume they will invite us on one of those days if we are lucky. Good luck!

Reactions: iamluz and Uranus

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Keeping this Tread alive. anyone else received test invites from Kitchener office yet? Cheers.

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
hello folks,

I see 3 Oath ceremonies scheduled (one on Jan 15'th and 2 on Jan 16'th) for Kitchener location. Anyone invited yet? When we spoke the officer on Jan 3, he indicated that there might be one for end of Jan. So clearly, things have changed since then. Appreciate your response. Thanks!

Reactions: Uranus

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Yay ...got my test invite for jan 24th 2019

(Sent App Jan 17th 2018, in process mar 28th 2018)
Thanks so much for sharing Lingking. Gosh, this office is slow. My IP is in July, I still have a couple of months to wait comparing with your timeline !

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
K

Kitchener is the worst office in CANADA mine is since January no date yet for test, I wish I knew I could have used my friend address in Calgary because I am there attimes for business, I have giving up if they like they should take 10 years to process it, I wish you the best.
John
Have you heard back from the officer yet ?

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Any word from Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge/Guelph applicants with IP from April-August 2018 about your test invites? Kitchener CIC is painfully slow? My application went into processing on Aug 15th and just wanted to understand the timelines. I have a friend with IP on July 30th waiting too.
Ip July 17. 2018, waiting. Damn slow comparing to other offices

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Folks,

Anyone taking oath in Kitchener location this week? I see there are 3 ceremonies scheduled.
No luck for us. But no rush either. Cheers!

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Received oath ceremony invite for Jan 28. Unfortunately, can't make it. Sent an email requesting re-schedule this afternoon. Hoping for the best.

Reactions: Uranus

krishna_05

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
I just wish i knew about this office slowness. I would have moved before I applied to another office jurisdictionction in GTA .