Mar 6, 2014
Hi I’ve been a silent reader of this forum, posting my timeline now
Applied: Oct 13 2017
Received: oct 19,2017
AOR: Feb 26, 2017
IP: Mar 5, 2018
Test: Nov 7, 2018
Oath : Dec 7th, 2018
I got test invite 2 weeks prior to the date and was told abt my oath date on the same day I passed my test, email came a week after with official oath date

Jp4life

Aug 15, 2018
Got my test date for December 14/2018 my application was received January 9/ 2018 Ecas still in process admin please update.

rssumal

Feb 18, 2014
Got my test date for December 14/2018 my application was received January 9/ 2018 Ecas still in process admin please update.
Can you tell me about what date you received the email regrading the test? I have a similar timeline as yours just behind by 20 days but still haven't got a test invite yet.

singhharneet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Spoke to IRCC rep on the phone this morning. She confirmed that they have received my Fingerprint information from the RCMP on Dec 3 and all 'security & background checks' are done and that I should wait for an email regarding the test invite. Knowing the experience of fellow KW region applicants, I'm guessing an invite no sooner than Feb 2019. Right?

Received- May 22, 2018
AOR - July 23, 2018
IP - Aug 15, 2018
FP req - Nov 19, 2018
FP done - Nov 20, 2018
FP Received - Dec 3, 2018
Waiting..

Jp4life

Aug 15, 2018
Can you tell me about what date you received the email regrading the test? I have a similar timeline as yours just behind by 20 days but still haven't got a test invite yet.
Done with my test today got 20/20 it was excellent I saw the smile on the officers face nice people he approved my application immediately, he said I will get oath invitation, back to your question I got the test invitation 31 of November 2018 I wish you the best relax you will get there.

Reactions: rssumal

rssumal

Feb 18, 2014
Done with my test today got 20/20 it was excellent I saw the smile on the officers face nice people he approved my application immediately, he said I will get oath invitation, back to your question I got the test invitation 31 of November 2018 I wish you the best relax you will get there.
Did you just read "Study Guide - Discover Canada" or had some extra material or website to practice some questions/Tests from?

Reactions: iamluz

Jp4life

Aug 15, 2018
Did you just read "Study Guide - Discover Canada" or had some extra material or website to practice some questions/Tests from?
Please and please read Discover CANADA it’s the way forward very explanatory, because the online study quiz is good but not good enough to make you pass the test, finish discover CANADA and go through it atleast 4 times , after that practice online to know how you are doing, my reason is the exam is different from what you see online but when you are done with the discover CANADA I bet you , you will nail it.

rssumal

Feb 18, 2014
Please and please read Discover CANADA it’s the way forward very explanatory, because the online study quiz is good but not good enough to make you pass the test, finish discover CANADA and go through it atleast 4 times , after that practice online to know how you are doing, my reason is the exam is different from what you see online but when you are done with the discover CANADA I bet you , you will nail it.
Perfect! Thanks for sharing this.

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
I am a March 2018 applicant. IP since June 20.

My wife and I received email invite to appear for Citizenship test and interview. Location: Kitchener, Test date and time: Jan 3, 2019 at 9:30 am ET. Note: We requested urgent processing (wife's job related) in December...and based on Kitchener office's backlog..it looks like they accepted our request to expedite. Not sure. We will likely know when we meet with the officer for interview. Thanks

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015

My wife and I received email invite to appear for Citizenship test and interview. Location: Kitchener, Test date and time: Jan 3, 2019 at 9:30 am ET. Note: We requested urgent processing (wife's job related) in December...and based on Kitchener office's backlog..it looks like they accepted our request to expedite. Not sure. We will likely know when we meet with the officer for interview. Thanks
Thank you for sharing it, Model Citizen. All the best for your test! Despite the urgent processing request. you gave us some hope regarding this Kitchener office. Keep us updated after the test please. Thanks.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
;)slowly, but at least some movement in the office of the region.:rolleyes:
Thank you all for sharing your experiences.:p:) happy new year !!! for all of us:D

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018

Happy New year!

A quick update. My wife and I had our test and interview this morning, Jan 3 (Location: Kitchener). Both scored 20/20. The test was straight forward. We went through the book twice (strongly recommended) and took a few free online practice tests. Interview took about 10-15 mins. The officer verified all original documents against our application and checked for few stamps on the passport for travel (not all).

The officer indicated that Oath should likely be in early Feb aka. next batch (since we requested urgent processing in early Dec 2018). Thanks everyone. Good luck!