January 23
Passport Req..
January 23
VISA ISSUED...
January 23
LANDED..........
Soon
adt83 said:
Congrats! How is he enjoying life in canada? Did he land in Toronto? I was wondering about this process... i'm hoping to align things so I can fly back from Jamaica to be there when my husband lands, but I wasn't sure if I would be allowed in with him or if I would be ushered away and into the Canadian passport holder line. Did you just tell them at the start of the line that your husband was a new PR?
If you are traveling with your hubby it's not a problem at all ...you can go right up to the desk with him .and even I. The landing section .they will not not give you any problems ....ask one of the workers which line bc they sent us to a section where it wasn't even the regular Long line that I normally see.. And yes I did land in Toronto... trust me you have nothing to worry about I must say all.of.the officers were really pleasant .....my husband is adjusting well exceot for the weather but he was lucky he had a visitors visa before so it's wasn't his first time in Canada with me.....good luck!

the mrs campbell

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
nations capital
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good day everyone. I am heading down next month for a long overdue reunion. Any recommendations for an affordable stay in the MoBay area. Thanks

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Hey ladies
Question does the UCI number stay with us forever, like we applied for a visitation Visa and receive a UCI number do i put that on the sponsorship application?
We used the UCI number my husband had been given for his work visa for our sponsorship application, so it seems that it does indeed stick forever. :)

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Ok next question and only 2017 people can answer I think
So Schedule A IMM 5669
The Kingston check list ask for it but not the main on and now they've made the document without bar codes and from what i've read you only need to fill it out once CIC has accepted your file
Oh boy too many changes in how to file

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Ok next question and only 2017 people can answer I think
So Schedule A IMM 5669
The Kingston check list ask for it but not the main on and now they've made the document without bar codes and from what i've read you only need to fill it out once CIC has accepted your file
Oh boy too many changes in how to file
I saw your question and I just submit my own application a few weeks ago so I can tell you what i know :) I have heard of people sending the IMM 5669 with their application and having no problem with it even with the new application, but I did not send one because they will ask you to upload it once they have your file and you have linked your account online. So if you send it, then they might not need you to upload another or they might still ask you to, so I don't think it would hurt your application if you put one in but they don't ask for it on the new checklist so I don't think it's mandatory.

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Minosis said:
I saw your question and I just submit my own application a few weeks ago so I can tell you what i know :) I have heard of people sending the IMM 5669 with their application and having no problem with it even with the new application, but I did not send one because they will ask you to upload it once they have your file and you have linked your account online. So if you send it, then they might not need you to upload another or they might still ask you to, so I don't think it would hurt your application if you put one in but they don't ask for it on the new checklist so I don't think it's mandatory.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, but on the Kingston Check list it asks for it :-[
I printed it without the barcodes and had my Husband sign it anyways and include it in the package and later on if they ask of it uploaded we'll do that too.

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Thank you for taking the time to reply, but on the Kingston Check list it asks for it :-[
I printed it without the barcodes and had my Husband sign it anyways and include it in the package and later on if they ask of it uploaded we'll do that too.
hi guys landed on monday, process went smoothly, im adjusting to the weather and hubby and i and the kids are excited and happy.
;) ;) ;) ;)

hubbyjam

Aug 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 20
AOR Received.
August 11
File Transfer...
August 30th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
January 23
Passport Req..
January 23
VISA ISSUED...
January 23
LANDED..........
Soon
Welcome back lisamac@! It's cold ! Lol

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
Anyone on here doing the new inland process? Hubby is coming on his visa and we plan to do inland so he gets an Open Work Permit while waiting for his permanent resident approval. I wonder if it will as fast as what I'm seeing on here. I commend you all for your patience, its been 6 months and I can't take the distance.

hytltons12

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 31/2017
AOR Received.
April 19/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/05/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
Interview........
November 14/2017
Hi everyone, my application was returned yet again because of notice of assessment/employment letter, i submitted both but only got back the notice of assessment, this is so fustrating because my application was sent in first in January, there is a blank post it note on what i think the notoce of assessment is, can anyone help me out with what exactly it should look like and if this is the actual problem, please and thanks very much

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
hytltons12 said:
Hi everyone, my application was returned yet again because of notice of assessment/employment letter, i submitted both but only got back the notice of assessment, this is so fustrating because my application was sent in first in January, there is a blank post it note on what i think the notoce of assessment is, can anyone help me out with what exactly it should look like and if this is the actual problem, please and thanks very much
Sorry- did you send the app a 2nd time on January 1st? or was that the 1st time?
Did you use the new application or the old one?
Did you send them a 2015 notice of assessment or 2016?
Wouldn't you know what the notice of assessment looks like if you had sent it to them?

hytltons12

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 31/2017
AOR Received.
April 19/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/05/2017
Med's Done....
10/06/2017
Interview........
November 14/2017
adt83 said:
Sorry- did you send the app a 2nd time on January 1st? or was that the 1st time?
Did you use the new application or the old one?
Did you send them a 2015 notice of assessment or 2016?
Wouldn't you know what the notice of assessment looks like if you had sent it to them?
The one i sent is from 2016 and it literally says notice of assessment on it, and i sent it back in february because of the picture, and sent it back and i just received it

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
hytltons12 said:
The one i sent is from 2016 and it literally says notice of assessment on it, and i sent it back in february because of the picture, and sent it back and i just received it
Hmmm... Did you follow these steps to get it? http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/ssmnt-eng.html

Angella

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
North York ONT
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2009
File Transfer...
07-11-2009 KGN Rec'vd July 30 2009
Passport Req..
9/06/2010
LANDED..........
10/18/2010
Re: seperation

Hello room and forum members i have not been on here for a long time. I am not here to damper anyone's spirit i am just telling you my story. I sponsored my hubby to come up in 2009 he arrived nov 2010 we lived together for 5 years. We had our ups and downs in april 2014 he applied for his daughter who was 18 she arrived and my marriage took a turn for the worse. She came to Canada pretending to like me. Used me abused me verbally and her father said nothing. I came to my boiling point in dec 2015. I moved out left him with his bad daughter. He reached out to me in feb 2016 we tried talking but i was only fooling myself that hooves me he only wanted to come to Canada to take up his daughter who hated me and never wanted me in her life always wish i wud die. We have been seeing each other on and off since feb 2016. This past monday we met up he told me his now 20 year old daughter boyfriend is coming in from the usa to live with him. I asked him how is that going to work out and u live in a one bedroom he got mad and said wat do i want him to do throw her out i said the whole situation is messed up as his daughter did not give him enough notice plus wat she is doing is outta order and rude my husband said his daughter said its either my bf comes to our one bedroom or she will leave. I asked my husband wat is he going to do he said he will let him come stay with them and i told him well there is no more us as u chose a stranger to come live with you and no response concerning working us out of any future. People i have bent over backwards for this man to treat me like shit you can't force a man to love you. I just wished he had the love he has for his daughter for me. I believe in marriage but one person cannot love alone. He chose a stranger over me now i see no future or sense talking to this man anymore since the daughter boyfriend came he hardly calls me i have now learned to slowly let go. I am very heart broken and wish i can find the man i married in 2008 that man is long gone