March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
ofia said:
Congratulations my dear, know it wasn't an easy journey but by the grace of God you've made it.......
thank u and I'm praying all goes well for you.

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Soulmatestory said:
This forum has been a blessing by really calming my nerves!! Yaaay congrats to you Lisamac and many blessings for the future!
thank you and I wish u all the best ur journey will end soon too.

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Lisamac said:
I ave to say thanks to God that after 6 mths and 5 days this journey is 95% over it will b completed when I land. Also thanks to this forum you all ave been a great help. So I had my interview this morning and glory to God I got visa on the spot. Interview lasted 15 minutes, but the entire process took two hrs. I was the second person to be interviewed by the younger white lady and she was quite nice. She asked me to explain how my relationship with my husband developed after I met him until we got married, where he works, how much he's paid, she asked about past relationships and what I plan to do when I get to Canada, then she said she is satisfied that my relationship with my husband is genuine. For those with upcoming interviews, pray, know ur spouse, know about past relationships, be honest and make eye contact and be confident in ur relationship. I wish those with upcoming interviews all the very best. Landing story coming soon. She also went over the document I carried.
Congrats! So happy for you!!

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
rcspousalsponsorship said:
;) Received my SA just now via email: "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor". I'm so thrilled. ;) 1 weeks after receiving AOR.

;) ;) ;) ;:p :p :p I'm eager to buy a ticket already :p :p :p ;) ;) ;) ;
This is so exciting! I'm thrilled for you! One step closer!

ofia

Nov 17, 2014
Visa Office......
kingston
App. Filed.......
Sept. 7 2018
Med's Done....
14-11-13
Good morning forum fams!!
May pen is hot as always,
But those of you who are waiting for a call, interview or just want to hear something on your file, just hang in there.......
Have a blessed day :-*

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
adt83 said:
Congrats! So happy for you!!
thank u. All the best to u.

sherenequeen

Feb 18, 2017
ofia said:
Good morning forum fams!!
May pen is hot as always,
But those of you who are waiting for a call, interview or just want to hear something on your file, just hang in there.......
Have a blessed day :-*
thank u and same to you dear

sheldwilm

Mar 5, 2017
Good Evening
I've been a silent observer of this group for the past couple months and it has helped me greatly through the entire process so i will be sharing a bit of information about my specific case so that others may benefit if even slightly from my experience.

KINGSTON, JAMAICA
Application Mailed of - Nov 17, 2016
AOR - Nov 25, 2016
Application Transferred to KVO - Dec 22, 2016
Medical and Police record - Upfront
Interview and Passport Request - March 2, 2017

My interview lasted 15-20 minutes however some of the other individuals that where present had really long interviews, up to 45 minutes.
I was asked the following questions:
How old are you?
how old is your spouse?
where does your spouse live?
who does your spouse live with?
where does your spouse work?
what date did you and your spouse get married? (interviewer asked this question on multiple occasions and even quoted the wrong date and i had to correct her)
where did we get married and where did we honeymoon?
Who do I live with?
What do i do for a living?
how often do i see my spouse?
When did me and my spouse get serious about each other?
why didn't we get married sooner?
how many siblings does my spouse have?
how often do i see my spouses family that resides in Jamaica?
what do i plan to do if i am granted entry to Canada?
and how soon can i leave for Canada?

I was granted the visa on spot :D :) and after the interview was over it took about 20 minutes for the visa to be printed and the passport and the application to be returned (they only requested my passport but i brought additional documents in case, after the interviewer completed her questions i asked if she wanted to see the documents and she told me that it was ok as she was convinced the marriage was genuine)

NB. Know your application in and out and be confident as body language is even more important than the words that u say....also even though they are asking you questions assume they already have the answers to the questions on their systems so its best to answer truthfully and try to explain your self properly as lying may make things worse. Also ensure that the pictures you submitted are the correct size because u wont be given the visa on spot (if the interviewer grants it to you) if your pictures are not to specifications...you will have to mail in the pictures and the passport at a later date and it may take some time for them to be returned.

I hope this is helpful to whosoever is reading and all the best with your individual applcations

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
sheldwilm said:
Good Evening
I've been a silent observer of this group for the past couple months and it has helped me greatly through the entire process so i will be sharing a bit of information about my specific case so that others may benefit if even slightly from my experience.

KINGSTON, JAMAICA
AOR - Nov 25, 2016

My interview lasted 15-20 minutes however some of the other individuals that where present had really long interviews, up to 45 minutes.
How old are you?
how old is your spouse?
what date did you and your spouse get married? (interviewer asked this question on multiple occasions and even quoted the wrong date and i had to correct her)
Who do I live with?

I was granted the visa on spot :D :) and after the interview was over it took about 20 minutes for the visa to be printed and the passport and the application to be returned (they only requested my passport but i brought additional documents in case, after the interviewer completed her questions i asked if she wanted to see the documents and she told me that it was ok as she was convinced the marriage was genuine)

NB. Know your application in and out and be confident as body language is even more important than the words that u say....also even though they are asking you questions assume they already have the answers to the questions on their systems so its best to answer truthfully and try to explain your self properly as lying may make things worse. Also ensure that the pictures you submitted are the correct size because u wont be given the visa on spot (if the interviewer grants it to you) if your pictures are not to specifications...you will have to mail in the pictures and the passport at a later date and it may take some time for them to be returned.

I hope this is helpful to whosoever is reading and all the best with your individual applcations
congratulations. When I was there there was someone else who was approved but had to leave and go to a photo studio to take over the visa pics. So to avoid a possible setback you should ensure the pics are the correct specified sizes.

HisWifey30

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 31, 2016
Doc's Request.
up front
AOR Received.
November 17, 2016
File Transfer...
December 7, 2016
Med's Request
Up front
Interview........
March 14 2017
Passport Req..
March 14 2017
LANDED..........
March 15, 2017
sheldwilm said:
Good Evening

KINGSTON, JAMAICA
AOR - Nov 25, 2016

How old are you?
how old is your spouse?
Who do I live with?

Congratulations thats an amazing time line all the best.

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Just writing cause i can't believe we are on page two :eek:
[/quote lol!!!]

Smithd

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront/PC upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Interview........
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
should be here already
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows how long after the background check has been started a decision is made. We have been waiting 5 weeks now since the interview and noticed the other day background check started.

Williams12

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Aug 25 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2017
LANDED..........
Mar 14, 2017
sheldwilm said:
Good Evening

KINGSTON, JAMAICA
AOR - Nov 25, 2016

How old are you?
how old is your spouse?
Who do I live with?

Congratulations! Love to hear success stories! God is good

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
PCC and Schedule A Feb 22, 2017
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
Smithd said:
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows how long after the background check has been started a decision is made. We have been waiting 5 weeks now since the interview and noticed the other day background check started.
Do they have applicants passport?