Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Should of been yesterday!
We had a difficult interview today we are not sure of the outcome ...my husband back in 2010 made a refugee claim and was departured on good terms....during the interview the lady asked about his past and a little about our relationship (we had a huge file of supporting documents for our relationship) that was not the concern at all...the lady told my husband if she approved him we would have to pay an arc ...then she took his passport picked it up twice and put some numbers into her computer from it then handed it back...she then asked what he would do if she approved him...then she handed him all of our supporting documents like our pictures phone records ect but kept our application part and the two 10pages letters me and my husband both wrote about our relationship...she told him that there was a few more things she wanted go through befor she makes her decision and that she will be contacting him through the mail...we are so confused!

mckay8228

Nov 16, 2016
Cndgrl876 said:
We had a difficult interview today we are not sure of the outcome ...my husband back in 2010 made a refugee claim and was departured on good terms....during the interview the lady asked about his past and a little about our relationship (we had a huge file of supporting documents for our relationship) that was not the concern at all...the lady told my husband if she approved him we would have to pay an arc ...then she took his passport picked it up twice and put some numbers into her computer from it then handed it back...she then asked what he would do if she approved him...then she handed him all of our supporting documents like our pictures phone records ect but kept our application part and the two 10pages letters me and my husband both wrote about our relationship...she told him that there was a few more things she wanted go through befor she makes her decision and that she will be contacting him through the mail...we are so confused!
My husband had a removal order and was instructed by Canada immigration officer to bring the removal order form back with him when he reapplied to return to Canada. Did you husband bring one in with him? If one doesn't have the form then the person is required to to apply for an arc.

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
mckay8228 said:
My husband had a removal order and was instructed by Canada immigration officer to bring the removal order form back with him when he reapplied to return to Canada. Did you husband bring one in with him? If one doesn't have the form then the person is required to to apply for an arc.
No my husband has his ...it says departured...we thought according to the website that a departure does not require an arc but apparently if its a departure for refugee its an automatic arc...we are not worried about paying for arc its when she handed him back our stuff....so we are just assuming shes denying us...

mckay8228

Nov 16, 2016
Cndgrl876 said:
No my husband has his ...it says departured...we thought according to the website that a departure does not require an arc but apparently if its a departure for refugee its an automatic arc...we are not worried about paying for arc its when she handed him back our stuff....so we are just assuming shes denying us...
Ah ok. I hope everything goes through ok. My husband goes for interview next week. I'm having dreams about him losing papers and missing flight lol. I've been worried because he had removal order. I paid his flight so there's nothing owing. But am also worried because he had a past before meeting me and I'm worried immigration won't think our relationship is genuine .

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
mckay8228 said:
Ah ok. I hope everything goes through ok. My husband goes for interview next week. I'm having dreams about him losing papers and missing flight lol. I've been worried because he had removal order. I paid his flight so there's nothing owing. But am also worried because he had a past before meeting me and I'm worried immigration won't think our relationship is genuine .
Yes was same with us we honestly sent so much documentation about our relationship she didnt even question us hardly at all about how genuine it was cuz she knew it was...she was only focused on his past n held that against him...we also pre booked flight as well i called today n canceled...

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
impatientwife said:
Today marks exactly 13 months since we applied, for those saying they got through quick and wasn't expecting it be very thankful, hubby had his interview today and was granted visa on spot, he was ask specific questions regarding our application, he got interviewed by the fat guy that everyone complains about but he said he was pretty cool. I flew down for the interview but didn't get up going in we were running late and end up parking across the embassy which isn't exactly allowed so I stayed with the car just in case a tow truck came by, his interview lasted 10-15mins but overall everything took about 3 hours because of having to wait for he passport and he wasn't called in on time for interview. I'm so thankful this awful journey which has left a bitter taste in my mouth is officially over.
I log in everyday awaiting this news. Finally!!! I am so happy for you! I wish you all the best and you can now breathe cause the process is over. Safe Travels home.

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
Cndgrl876 said:
Yes was same with us we honestly sent so much documentation about our relationship she didnt even question us hardly at all about how genuine it was cuz she knew it was...she was only focused on his past n held that against him...we also pre booked flight as well i called today n canceled...
I am sorry to hear about this but keep positive. I am sure she just wants to double check a few things. He will be in Canada in no time.

impatientwife

Jan 28, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
File Transfer...
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT/Extended until Aug/2017
Interview........
06/12/2016
Passport Req..
TOMORROW WOULD BE NICE LOL
VISA ISSUED...
ON SPOT ☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Already Did
basl_jhjm said:
I log in everyday awaiting this news. Finally!!! I am so happy for you! I wish you all the best and you can now breathe cause the process is over. Safe Travels home.
Thank you so much it feels like a weight have my taken off my shoulders I can breathe better now

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Was listening to the live announcement from CIC - they'r cutting inland and outland processing times to 12 months and hoping to make it shorter!

SO happy - was waiting on the 24 months as we filed inland a few weeks ago and also sent in his work permit app and expected the work permit in 4 months so weren't too worried - but nonetheless - a speedy processing time is always a good thing!

They plan to make some admin changes that will speed up review and processing times - Lets hope all goes as they say! They say that some of the changes will be on line by Dec 15.

Prayers for all those waiting and blessings to all who are awaiting their landing!

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Cndgrl876 said:
so sorry to hear that but keep hope alive he be home with u soon.

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
New CIC changes:
1 Processing time for all spouse/family applications to be reduced from 24 to 12 months with immediate effect
2. Only one checklist for all inland and outland applicants.
3. Age of dependent increased from 18-22
4. No upfront PCC and Medical needed. Asked for at a later stage.
5. New system will go live online on 15 December 2016
6. No conditional PR for 2 year for family. Person will be granted full PR immediately upon entry.

I haven't applied yet so I'm excited to see if I will able to apply online. Hubby is super qualified so I hope we get through in 5 months.

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
destinedlove said:
New CIC changes:
1 Processing time for all spouse/family applications to be reduced from 24 to 12 months with immediate effect
6. No conditional PR for 2 year for family. Person will be granted full PR immediately upon entry.

I haven't applied yet so I'm excited to see if I will able to apply online. Hubby is super qualified so I hope we get through in 5 months.
wow I'm excited to see how well those new changes will go.

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
destinedlove said:
New CIC changes:

Oh wow! Interesting! I wonder what option is best... Hubby and I have almost our whole package done, everything is organized and printed and labeled, we're just still waiting for the wedding certificate (been almost 12 weeks now). We expected it sooner, therefore had his police record and medical done already. From what I read it sounds as though they will be accepting the old applications till Jan 30th. Am confused with which to use now! I'm not so enthused about starting from the start with the new one, but don't want to possibly add extra time by using the old one...

JamtoCanlove

Oct 19, 2016
Don't give up hope! It doesn't sound terrible. They often ask for more than they need for the interview. She took what she needed and they only make the "official" confirmation via mail anyways. Don't be discouraged. :)
Cndgrl876 said:

JamtoCanlove

Oct 19, 2016
susanrichards2015 said:
All he needs is a SIN.
The PR card comes in about 4 weeks. Once he has that he can go to a Service Canada office with the required form and documents and he'll get his SIN the same day.