+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Morning all -

Just a brief update - I got an AOR this morning via email for my husbands in-land application - I only mailed it in two weeks ago. I truly did not expect to hear back from them until January based on previous inland forum timelines.

Hopefully this is part of the "faster processing" times they spoke of recently. I sent in his Open work permit app as well at this same time.

We opted for the inland process as we didn't want to spend any more time apart and did it knowing it would be longer than applying outland through the Kingston office. Will keep the forum posted on how our inland app progresses.

I should also mention I applied to sponsor my parents under the PGP program in January this year and when I logged into the Ecas just now - both sponsorships are listed my parents and my husband and although my parents own was sent in January - my husbands own that went in two weeks ago says in process. Interesting.

Blessings to all who are waiting and in process - all in GODs time!

:)

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Lizann said:
Morning all -

Just a brief update - I got an AOR this morning via email for my husbands in-land application - I only mailed it in two weeks ago. I truly did not expect to hear back from them until January based on previous inland forum timelines.

Hopefully this is part of the "faster processing" times they spoke of recently. I sent in his Open work permit app as well at this same time.

We opted for the inland process as we didn't want to spend any more time apart and did it knowing it would be longer than applying outland through the Kingston office. Will keep the forum posted on how our inland app progresses.

I should also mention I applied to sponsor my parents under the PGP program in January this year and when I logged into the Ecas just now - both sponsorships are listed my parents and my husband and although my parents own was sent in January - my husbands own that went in two weeks ago says in process. Interesting.

Blessings to all who are waiting and in process - all in GODs time!

:) congrats. They are going to process ur husband's ap before they process your parents ap. Well at least that's wat I think. ;)

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
Guys I'm near tears and annoyed because I don't know/nervous of what's happening. So hubby got a call today to go pick up his passport from KVO. He went and picked up the passport but there was no Visa stamped in the passport. The lady told him that a package was sent out to him and he should get it by this week. What does all this even mean?

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Should of been yesterday!
TRISHGD said:
Guys I'm bears tears and annoyed because I don't know/nervous of what's happening. So hubby got a call today to go pick up his passport from KVO. He went and picked up the passport but there was no Visa stamped in the passport. The lady told him that a package was sent out to him and he should get it by this week. What does all this even mean?
I feel for you so much....my husband and i are patiently waiting for our response in the mail its been a horrible week for us...ive already contacted a lawyer and our MP we are ready for a fight...i just hope they truly send u good news... its a horrible feeling not knowing the future of your family and how they make you wait your fait...

honey7337

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
02-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Interview........
20-12-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2017
LANDED..........
-----
Praying for you Trish....xoxoxo

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
honey7337 said:
Praying for you Trish....xoxoxo
Thank you. Just keeping my fingers crossed

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Oh wow - that's a hard pill and unfair pill to give anyone - "package in the mail".

I know that CHC KGN has in the past when it comes close to the end of the year delayed the issuance of visas till the start of the new year as visa quotas have been met - at least I know when I was going through my FSW process for permanent residency they did that to a few people - but the VO explained that to the people whose passports they gave back without visas.

They needed to explain the reason for the package in the mail response and pp without a visa as to send a rejection letter in the mail as against giving it to the person on spot is rough.

I know its hard - and I pray for your peace and success on this journey that its a delay and not a denial!

mckay8228

Nov 16, 2016
My husband went for interview...so my husband had run from the farm, married someone right after . that didnt work out as the wife then cheated on him numerous times. We met and then things hit off. I knew the past and i was okay with it. So back to interview today,
The guy asked him information about my past relationship and when we separated. My husband answered that he wasnt sure and just that i was living with only my kids when he met me. The officer told him he should know stuff like that because i should have shared this with him. That relationship finished in 2011. The relationship with my husband started towards end of 2011..The officer asked things about my mom...etc...
.The officer said he seen that we have a good relationship. He gave the passport back but kept the police records and husbands birth certificate. Said if he needed passport he would call for it, if not a package will be mailed...

I'm ready to say eff it all!!! Immigration really sucks. :eek: :mad:

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
mckay8228 said:
My husband went for interview...so my husband had run from the farm, married someone right after . that didnt work out as the wife then cheated on him numerous times. We met and then things hit off. I knew the past and i was okay with it. So back to interview today,
The guy asked him information about my past relationship and when we separated. My husband answered that he wasnt sure and just that i was living with only my kids when he met me. The officer told him he should know stuff like that because i should have shared this with him. That relationship finished in 2011. The relationship with my husband started towards end of 2011..The officer asked things about my mom...etc...
.The officer said he seen that we have a good relationship. He gave the passport back but kept the police records and husbands birth certificate. Said if he needed passport he would call for it, if not a package will be mailed...

:-X These people are just really annoying. I'm so annoyed. The difference with my situation is that my husband had a positive interview. I'm just over it all

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
mckay8228 said:

You had a second interview?

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
mckay8228 said:
No just the one today.
We have a simular story regarding to the past and our officer pretty much said same to us ...except she handed back all of our supporting documents then told us she had to look over some more files and would send out the decision in the mail as of dec 8th it said online decision made so we are assuming its a denial and preping ourselves for exactly that...i know your frustration! they clearly see we have a legit relationship and kids all in canada .....canot wait to just get the decision in the mail so we can move forward!

mckay8228

Nov 16, 2016
Cndgrl876 said:
We have a simular story regarding to the past and our officer pretty much said same to us ...except she handed back all of our supporting documents then told us she had to look over some more files and would send out the decision in the mail as of dec 8th it said online decision made so we are assuming its a denial and preping ourselves for exactly that...i know your frustration! they clearly see we have a legit relationship and kids all in canada .....canot wait to just get the decision in the mail so we can move forward!
When was your hubby's interview? This guy said we will call if we need your passport or send a package in the mail. I'm thinking it's not great either. I sent some more supporting documents that the hubby didn't bring so help that helps.

Cndgrl876

Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
KVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
06-12-2016
Passport Req..
Decision made dec 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
mckay8228 said:
When was your hubby's interview? This guy said we will call if we need your passport or send a package in the mail. I'm thinking it's not great either. I sent some more supporting documents that the hubby didn't bring so help that helps.
Our interview was last tuesday on the 6th...they didnt request any additional information but my husband took alot more just incase she never asked for nothing ...just took his passport entered some numbers in her computer from it told him if she approved him he would need to pay arc which we knew cuz of the refugee claim she handed him back passport and our pictures phone records basically everything we sent in except the actual application itself and we wrote 2 very long letters talking about or relationship she kept those told him she had to look on some more stuff and will send her decision in mail 2 days later it said decision made...she asked some questions about us but she was more interested in his refugee and his past marriage....hate this process id rather just get the denial that day then have them make u wait longer

DeeMP

Oct 27, 2016
hi everyone.. i just wanted to update everyone. we had our interview today and my spouse got approved on the spot. it went well, and the lady was really nice.. the interviewer asked about when we first met, our first date and our wedding date. she also ask about my age and my favourite colour - I'm not sure if those were trick questions or just random chit chat. she also made a joke about our package being too big and that they hated us for doing that to them, but i think that goes to show the more u give, the better your chances for genuineness.. the letter i had written was a good idea as well.. in any case just some tips if it helps anyone on this forum! It was a long road for us and we're happy that it's over! all the best to everyone in the process or beginning the process and thank you to those that have help us along the way!!! ;)