Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2014
LANDED..........
10-09-2014
Hi everyone! I'm sure it's among the THROUSANDS of posts on here.... but what is the current rate of a medical and which courier have you been using to send your documents?

Thanks!
Nini ;D

hubbyjam

Aug 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 20
AOR Received.
August 11
File Transfer...
August 30th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
January 23
Passport Req..
January 23
VISA ISSUED...
January 23
LANDED..........
Soon
Good news everyone my hubby got his call for an interview next month !! Kvo is on fire !! We are july applicants ...august apps you are next !! :p they asked him to get an rcmp police report and bring with him and his passport ..my husband had a two year visitor visa but it expired two months before we got married and of course they denied him when we reapplied ..so he has spent quite a few times in Canada.. So thanks to trinicammeron who shares the same app date with me sent me a link.on how to get one .. so gots to try and figure that out now !! But I still thank the Lord!! :D

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
hubbyjam said:
Good news everyone my hubby got his call for an interview next month !! Kvo is on fire !! We are july applicants ...august apps you are next !! :p they asked him to get an rcmp police report and bring with him and his passport ..my husband had a two year visitor visa but it expired two months before we got married and of course they denied him when we reapplied ..so he has spent quite a few times in Canada.. So thanks to trinicammeron who shares the same app date with me sent me a link.on how to get one .. so gots to try and figure that out now !! But I still thank the Lord!! :D
congrats. Wishing u n hubby all the best for the interview.

Fel2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-04-2016
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2016
Interview........
22-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
gaylewright said:
Questions they asked my husband.
where I work?
how much make I make?
how often do I get paid?
described my job?
who do I live with?
where did we meet?
when did relationship developed?
what attract him to me? THe officer even said your slim and your wife is bigger Lol
where he works?
he asked trick questions : when did your wife come to Canada?. Im actually born in Canada.
you wife's brother was in the wedding? I DONT have a brother.
the officer said oh I see your wife supports you financially. which I DONT . My husband corrected him real quick.
Do he have any family in Canada?
who proposed?
who was at the wedding?
who does my husband lives with?
where and when we got married?
My husband said the officer didnt even look at supporting documents : 100 photos , tickect itinerary for dec 2016 and from October 2016. and anniversary trips hitel vouchers. updated joint bank account statment. updated whatsapp , facebook messages. digicel top up
My husband said the officer was very nice he even made conversation and jokes with him. and he also told me he is very organized
so just be prepared !!! and eye contact and confidence is EVERYTHING
Thanks for sharing! My husband will be interviewing on Tuesday. Congrats to you and yours :)

leaha

Feb 12, 2016
gaylewright said:
Questions they asked my husband.
where I work?
how much make I make?
how often do I get paid?
described my job?
who do I live with?
where did we meet?
when did relationship developed?
what attract him to me? THe officer even said your slim and your wife is bigger Lol
where he works?
he asked trick questions : when did your wife come to Canada?. Im actually born in Canada.
you wife's brother was in the wedding? I DONT have a brother.
the officer said oh I see your wife supports you financially. which I DONT . My husband corrected him real quick.
Do he have any family in Canada?
who proposed?
who was at the wedding?
who does my husband lives with?
where and when we got married?
My husband said the officer didnt even look at supporting documents : 100 photos , tickect itinerary for dec 2016 and from October 2016. and anniversary trips hitel vouchers. updated joint bank account statment. updated whatsapp , facebook messages. digicel top up
My husband said the officer was very nice he even made conversation and jokes with him. and he also told me he is very organized
so just be prepared !!! and eye contact and confidence is EVERYTHING
Thank u VERY MUCH i have interview soon

Smithd

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16-08-2016
AOR Received.
09-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront/PC upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Interview........
02-02-2017
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
should be here already
hubbyjam said:

Why would you need a rcmp police report

Lee1905

Nov 12, 2016
hubbyjam said:
Congrats my hubby's interview is next week

hubbyjam

Aug 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 20
AOR Received.
August 11
File Transfer...
August 30th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
January 23
Passport Req..
January 23
VISA ISSUED...
January 23
LANDED..........
Soon

I think it's because he literally stayed two days short of six months on his last visit to Canada and anything 6 months and over they need you to get one ..I guess they rounded up :'(

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
hubbyjam said:
[Awesome]

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
hubbyjam said:

I think it's because he literally stayed two days short of six months on his last visit to Canada and anything 6 months and over they need you to get one ..I guess they rounded up :'(
[yes, that's the reason for the RCMP report, it took 5 days to be sent to me. I forward a copy to KVO, a copy was also sent electronically, your hubby can take the original.]

hubbyjam

Aug 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 20
AOR Received.
August 11
File Transfer...
August 30th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
January 23
Passport Req..
January 23
VISA ISSUED...
January 23
LANDED..........
Soon
Can I ask the company you used in Canada? My understanding is I can take his paper copy and get it digitized for quicker processing ...

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
A quick review of my journey. I was in Canada on a work permit. I was married in Jamaica but separated from my then spouse. I lived with my Cananadian partner for a year and applied as Common-law partner in Canada in October 2015. In February 2016, we did not get an acknowledgement from CIC to acknowledge receipt of the Inland Application. So we used the same receipt and applied Outland which is shorter.and advised CIC not to process our Inland Application.

In he interim I was filing for my divorce in Jamaica. Still not completed.

On February 2, 2016 we applied Outland, within a month receive acknowledgement of Sponsorship Approval and file sent to Kingston Jamaica. We were hesitant because Jamaica normally operate slowly.

Our Ecas profile showed In process as we submitted Jamaican Police Report and Medical. No more updates until 4 month later, where my dependent turned 18. I got a request for Schedule A on her and an RCMP report. This was Fedex to them within 2 days.

Two months following while I am now on a Visitor Record, I receive a request for Another Jamaican Police report (the original did not expire. It was valid until November 17, 2016) and one for my dependent who now turns 18 ( was not necessary as my dependent was never 18 in Jamaica nor lived six months since age 18 there). I humble follow instructions. There was also the passport request.

I did fingerprint the same day and Fedex document to Jamaica for Express police Record. When this was being Fedex back yo me, it was held by Canadian Border Security for five days -review.

When police Record was cleared, I FedEx our passports and police report to KVO on November 2, 2016. Two weeks after I received no updates. I then email the KVO with a job offer, I have gotten from a company and request speedy processing of my application.

I was contacted by one of KVO Officer, two days after, expressing that she has received he email and would like to help. She verified some info such as changes to address, etc since my application.

Three days after, I receive a notification from Fedex, that my packaged was picked up at KVO and will be delivered by 5 pm on Tuesday. I spent the entire night tracking the package. The following day, I got ready, stood at the door awaiting Fedex delivery. At 1:43pm, the long awaited package was in my hand. My hubby, and dependent, made our way to the border (niagra falls) handed our documents to Immigration, within 20 minutes the Officer said " Welcome to Canada, you are now a Permanent a Resident". That feeling is one of the best I have had. The following morning we visited Service Ontario and Service Canada to get our health card and social insurance number.

Thank you KVO, thanks to all the supporters on the site. It was a journey, I will never forget

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
hubbyjam said:
Can I ask the company you used in Canada? My understanding is I can take his paper copy and get it digitized for quicker processing ...
[are you speaking about the paper copy from Jamaica? I used a Canadian Fingerprint in Markham, Ontario]

Bigredgal1

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston,jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
File Transfer...
31-03-2016
Med's Request
Up front
Med's Done....
05-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
LANDED..........
15-11-2016
My tips for your application is
Be organized with your documents
Provide enough proof - the Immigration Officer do not know you - Sell yourself and your relationship
Provide all documents that they request in a timely manner
Use there timeline as a guide ( time will appear to go faster)
Know your application (you will be able to answer all questions fluently)
Do your research and ask questions to make an informed decision.
You will be together very very soon