13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Spartabarbiie said:
Does anyone know how long it takes to get a decision made after they keep your passport? They say up to a month, but it has to be sooner than that?! Please help!
I think most persons had DM within a week to two weeks after KVO had the passport. I've only seen one person get their passport back a month after but they had mailed it. I'll try to see if I can find that part of the thread again. If your paper app is linked online then you will see the DM shortly after they close the file. Hope you hear by Monday.

Spartabarbiie

Feb 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2015
File Transfer...
November 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Jamaicanadian said:
I think most persons had DM within a week to two weeks after KVO had the passport. I've only seen one person get their passport back a month after but they had mailed it. I'll try to see if I can find that part of the thread again. If your paper app is linked online then you will see the DM shortly after they close the file. Hope you hear by Monday.
Thank you so so much jamaicanadian! I appreciate your help you have no idea! I still am not able to link my account and I'm super frustrated, I have tried to call and tried to email and no one assists!!! I'm getting so fed up with this whole process I am at my whits end! (Another question, when they keep passport does that typically mean an approval is coming) I'm so so worried and so down right now, I am beside myself.

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Spartabarbiie said:
Thank you so so much jamaicanadian! I appreciate your help you have no idea! I still am not able to link my account and I'm super frustrated, I have tried to call and tried to email and no one assists!!! I'm getting so fed up with this whole process I am at my whits end! (Another question, when they keep passport does that typically mean an approval is coming) I'm so so worried and so down right now, I am beside myself.
Typically they do approve when they keep the passport if you had additional docs to submit they may be reviewing those also. I think Kenny9's hubby had to submit PC and Schedule A day of interview. If I'm not mistaken they sent PPR the next day. Passport was stamped with the Visa and returned 12 days later. Think of it this way they may have told you to wait while they review but it may be because they wanted to deny and hubby has convinced them otherwise! Gotta keep the faith God is great!

Spartabarbiie

Feb 25, 2016
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2015
File Transfer...
November 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Jamaicanadian said:
Typically they do approve when they keep the passport if you had additional docs to submit they may be reviewing those also. I think Kenny9's hubby had to submit PC and Schedule A day of interview. If I'm not mistaken they sent PPR the next day. Passport was stamped with the Visa and returned 12 days later. Think of it this way they may have told you to wait while they review but it may be because they wanted to deny and hubby has convinced them otherwise! Gotta keep the faith God is great!
Gosh! Just so many u knowns! All I know is I have a baby and an 8 year old here waiting for their daddy! This process is so confusing and unfair. It's been almost 14 months and I've had it! :-( I cannot link our application and that in itself is driving me crazy! I have looked back on original application and it still won't link!

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
Spartabarbiie said:
Gosh! Just so many u knowns! All I know is I have a baby and an 8 year old here waiting for their daddy! This process is so confusing and unfair. It's been almost 14 months and I've had it! :-( I cannot link our application and that in itself is driving me crazy! I have looked back on original application and it still won't link!
Not knowing is the hardest part. Don't worry about linking your app. But if you have ordered caips notes you should be able to use the info in there to link it. If that doesn't work I'd say forget about it, it's not worth the added stress. You can also check eCAS I know mine updated when the decision was made, I'm just not sure how soon after. Come to think of it eCAS might cause more anxiety. Just keep praying. Make plans to do fun things while you wait and don't worry.

theHenrys24

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
Done upfront
File Transfer...
21 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
November 2016
Passport Req..
November 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 23, 2016
Jamaicanadian said:
Wow KVO is very consistent with their inconsistencies. To be honest it's been a recurring theme for KVO to have large backlogs and clear newer applications faster than the backlog. Unfortunately, those of us with 2015 apps got caught in a backlog caused by the Syrian refugee processing rush- thanks JT (Justin Trudeau not Timberlake). 2015 apps definitely took a few months longer to process on average than 2014.

I can't wait for all 2015 apps to be processed and I'm glad there's some hope for the 2016 applicants that things won't take over a year. I hope KVO pumps out way more interviews before they go MIA over the Christmas holidays. To those with interviews coming up please, please, please practice with your spouse. KNOW YOUR APPLICATIONS. On the day of dress to impress! Be confident in the integrity of your relationship and don't let the officer intimidate you (though it's their job to try).

This process is so hard but it's so worth it. Come on KVO we need Visas!!!

What process did your hubby have to go through in the interview.?..questions...documents etc

Did he get his visa on the spot.?

basl_jhjm

Dec 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Interview........
November 22 2016
Passport Req..
November 22
VISA ISSUED...
November 22, 2016
LANDED..........
November 26. 2016
Today is my first wedding anniversary. It is so hard not being able to celebrate in person. Countdown to the end of immigration.

Praying KVO has another successful week

theHenrys24

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
Done upfront
File Transfer...
21 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
November 2016
Passport Req..
November 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 23, 2016
basl_jhjm said:
Today is my first wedding anniversary. It is so hard not being able to celebrate in person. Countdown to the end of immigration.

Happy anniversary...keep the faith...this part of the journey is almost over. ;)

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
theHenrys24 said:
What process did your hubby have to go through in the interview.?..questions...documents etc

Did he get his visa on the spot.?
He arrived an hour early but they would only let him 30 minutes before which he knew. He was in the interview for about 15-20 minutes (he had to stand and talk through a phone to an officer who was sitting behind a plexiglass window). They took away his phone at security before he went in. The officer asked when, where, how we met and how the relationship progressed

When we got married

How did we communicate

What trips we took together

When did we first become intimate

What did I tell him about Canada

How many times did we meet up in the US (how many trips)

Where I work and how much I make

Where he works how much he makes

What's my and his religion

What documents he brought with him (they were pictures, cards, emails, whatsapp convos, phone bills)

Hubby said the officer was very nonchalant, and purposefully said incorrect things about the application so hubby had to make sure he listened carefully and correct him. Eg. He said my hubby's fathers name when referring to my father.

They issued visa on the spot but didn't give him his passport the same day because they needed his birth certificate. He picked up the passport the next day when he brought it in.

Hope this helps

Jamaicanadian

Star Member
Nov 15, 2015
Toronto East
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF 22-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Interview........
11-10-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
basl_jhjm said:

Happy anniversary!!!!! The wait is almost over! Praying you two will never spend another anniversary apart.

theHenrys24

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
Done upfront
File Transfer...
21 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
November 2016
Passport Req..
November 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 23, 2016
Jamaicanadian said:
He arrived an hour early but they would only let him 30 minutes before which he knew. He was in the interview for about 15-20 minutes (he had to stand and talk through a phone to an officer who was sitting behind a plexiglass window). They took away his phone at security before he went in. The officer asked when, where, how we met and how the relationship progressed

When we got married

How did we communicate

What trips we took together

When did we first become intimate

What did I tell him about Canada

How many times did we meet up in the US (how many trips)

Where I work and how much I make

Where he works how much he makes

What's my and his religion

What documents he brought with him (they were pictures, cards, emails, whatsapp convos, phone bills)

Hubby said the officer was very nonchalant, and purposefully said incorrect things about the application so hubby had to make sure he listened carefully and correct him. Eg. He said my hubby's fathers name when referring to my father.

They issued visa on the spot but didn't give him his passport the same day because they needed his birth certificate. He picked up the passport the next day when he brought it in.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot hun..yes this helps alot.

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
October 2016/Kingston started to process app on Oct.24,2016
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
wow! Thanks for the heads up.

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
How does CIC send AOR or SA these days by emai or regular mail?

Lisamac

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 25, 2016
AOR Received.
November 22, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront/ PC Upfront
Med's Done....
17/06/2016
Interview........
March 2,2017
Passport Req..
March 2,2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2,2017
LANDED..........
March 27, 2017
Toyajagreen said:
I got mine in my email. I've never gotten any correspondence in the mail yet.
ok thanks. Just wondering if I should ave heard something from them by now. I know that the wait is going to be longer when ko gets documents but I'm just curious.